South Carolina 88 Duke 81

Voice of Reason

South Carolina scores 72 points/game and scores 65 in the 2nd half vs the 2 seed. UNC and Duke found out what it was like to not play in Greensboro or Ashville or wherever they start the tourney in most years

This is where stats are sometimes misleading. South Carolina added on about 12-15 points because of the way the game played out at the end. That is still a lot of points for Duke to give up in a half but it isn't as bad as those numbers look.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The biggest problem Duke had is the same issue UK has run into thru most of the season and that is Duke doesn't play very good defense.

Simple as that. They can score in bunches when they are on, but their defense too many times let teams hang around and before you know it they can't put their opponents away.

SEC - SEC - SEC - SEC - SEC ...... :lol2: and Yes, I just had to.

Topping it off was Coach K and players whining about a couple of late calls that didn't go their way when inside the 2-3 minute mark there were two of the most obvious wrong blocking calls on SC (instead of two Duke charges) that I have ever seen anywhere.

Another ironic fact in this years tourney is that 3 SEC teams are in the S16 and only 1 ACC team.

U.K. could very easily get beat this coming week but as for today .... A U.K. WIN, Duke LOSS, Louisville LOSS = YES, it's been a pretty good day. :popcorn:

I might as well fill mine out with red ink from now on. :lol2:

I was trying to decide whether to buy a new red ink pen or just toss my bracket in the trash when I woke up this morning. I figure the red pen I've been using is running low on ink by now and I'd just soon toss my bracket out rather than buying another pen that ill never use again lol.

The committee did an awful job at seedings period this year. When you have a 12 seed favored over a 5 seed and you have a Witchita State and a SC as 10 seeds etc playing 2 seeds, well something is wrong. Granted SC isn't that good imo, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt to those claiming they were a tough draw for Duke this early.

Come on FC. There is no way they had a tougher draw than UK. Duke didn't have that tough of a draw.

Now SC is no push over, but many a week ago said Duke should have been a 1 seed. They should have won if they were that good.

Never once said they had a tougher draw than UK, never mentioned UK. For UK to win it all we have to most likely beat UCLA, UNC, and Kansas just to get to the championship. So if we win it all, it could go down as one of the hardest paths ever to win it.

I was just pointing out how for once Duke didn't catch a break on where they play. Trust me I have no sympathy for them. I still haven't forgot how in 2003 as the number 1 overall seed we I believe had to play the sweet 16 and elite 8 in Minneapolis against Wisconsin and then Marquette. We were almost right in the backyard of both those schools and we were the top seed in the tourney. So Duke definitely gets no sympathy from me lol.

SEC - SEC - SEC - SEC - SEC ...... Yes, I just had to.

Topping it off was Coach K and players whining about a couple of late calls that didn't go their way when inside the 2-3 minute mark there were two of the most obvious wrong blocking calls on SC (instead of two Duke charges) that I have ever seen anywhere.

Another ironic fact in this years tourney is that 2 SEC teams are in the S16 and only 1 ACC team.

U.K. could very easily get beat this coming week but as for today .... A U.K. WIN, Duke LOSS, Louisville LOSS = YES, it's been a pretty good day. :popcorn:

I thought the Kennard blocking call was the right call. Defender was still sliding under Kennard when he was in the air.

The other charge/block on Kotsar when Jefferson drove through him - bad call.

Also who cares. Cheer for your team, root against your rivals, then root for your bracket. Conferences don't matter.

:lol2: No use to root for my bracket, had Nova and UL. in the final four :eek:. So now I am just enjoying the rest of the tourney.