Trump 2017 State of the Union Address

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw a clip of that moment in the speech. The Democrats gave her a standing ovation. Why did you post this? What source did you rely on that gave you false information?

Watching replay and watching for that moment and I saw some women in white not standing.

One other point. I believe Trump opening his speech by denouncing hate crimes was excellent. He needs to come out strong on that issue.

While I am still on the fence about him, this is something that I was very happy to hear him say.

Thank goodness President Trump is learning and improving. If he handled things like you do, it would be a mess.

I'm not one of the ones not rooting for America. I don't think my attitude needs adjustment. My attitude is a direct reflection of the opposition. I'm not an appeaser. Certain things you should hold in higher regard than yourself, God, Family, Country. I see the Dems putting Party before all and it's sickening. I'm not going to bend my core beliefs to deal with that type of thought or behavior. Call them like I see them. They don't like it learn how to act.

I'm not one of the ones not rooting for America. I don't think my attitude needs adjustment. My attitude is a direct reflection of the opposition. I'm not an appeaser. Certain things you should hold in higher regard than yourself, God, Family, Country. I see the Dems putting Party before all and it's sickening. I'm not going to bend my core beliefs to deal with that type of thought or behavior. Call them like I see them. They don't like it learn how to act.

Just remember some "see them" differently, which is the American way.

I thought Trump did a very nice job tonight. He used his teleprompter, stuck to his speech and delivered a strong message. I think his speech plays very well with his supporters and that it helped him a lot with those who were doubtful and concerned. His approval ranking will go up and this speech will get high marks.

Next, can he continue in this mode and avoid twittering it all up again?

Somebody I respect quite a bit tweeted this:

@John_Bobango

Trump covered a lot of great areas. Lets hope he does not waste time talking about how he received more applause than past presidents. #lead

Disgusting seeing all the liberals sit as Trump recognized the fallen SEALs wife.

I missed that. Do you have video of that?

I just saw a clip of that moment in the speech. The Democrats gave her a standing ovation. Why did you post this? What source did you rely on that gave you false information?

First, apologies to JA. The clip below shows the Dems did not stand up immediately so I see where your info came from and it wasn't false. They did not stand up right away. They did join the standing ovation but not right away.

Marco Rubio called them out on Fox this morning for the same. Said he turned around and they were sitting. So this must have some merit. After all he was there.

Its on Fox News Facebook timeline. You can watch here:

Fox News | Facebook

Thanks for sharing JJ. I saw other clips with them standing. I am guessing they were slow to rise and this clip caught them before they stood up. They were too stuck in their headset of opposition to react to the moment. Not good. At least they came to their senses and recognized what they should be doing and stood but that is a moment that should have not required thinking and hesitation. Bad look for the Dems on that one.

One other question - I saw a clip where everyone was standing EXCEPT ... the military leaders in uniform. They were seated. Is there a reason why they were not standing?

Edited by Voice of Reason

Did not watch in real time since I do not watch hardly any real time politics. But saw LHL headline and figured it was worth it to scan through since LHL did not use its usual digs in the headline ("Trump uses grand stage to inspire, seek unity") and it seems most are nuetral to positive on it.

It seems its 'pivot' time in terms of tone and direction.

Random thoughts.

I watched last night. Purdue had already beaten Indiana and won BIG regular season. It was delivered well. I am always worried about where the money is coming from for Grand plans. I have been very mad at do nothing congresses for years. I don't feel that will change enough to get things done. What is wrong with upholding laws and using common sense?

I watched Good Morning, America for an hour this am and they spent no time on what was said in the speech. None. After all, they had to announce Dancing with the Stars cast. Their plan is "ignore" anything well done by President Trump.

Question posed by Leeland Conway this morning regarding Trump's promises for infrastructure.

Would there be a need for this spending had the Obama stimulus been spent on real infrastructure and not wasted on boondoggles like Solyndra?

Follow-up. Had the money been spent on infra structure would we be paying tolls on the 2 new bridges?

Question posed by Leeland Conway this morning regarding Trump's promises for infrastructure.

Would there be a need for this spending had the Obama stimulus been spent on real infrastructure and not wasted on boondoggles like Solyndra?

Follow-up. Had the money been spent on infra structure would we be paying tolls on the 2 new bridges?

I've spent a grand total of $140 so far in '17. I am infrastructure.