Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Colin Cowherd says UK fans bragging about All-Star weekend is pathetic

Featured Replies

Kansas has an ace in the hole with Wilt Chamberlin.

 

I didn't forget about Wilt. He's 1 guy though(while 1 of the best ever). That retired in the early 70's.

 

My point in bringing up Duke and Kansas is that it's not like the other top 5 programs besides Carolina were spitting out NBA stars in the 80's and 90's

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't forget about Wilt. He's 1 guy though(while 1 of the best ever). That retired in the early 70's.

 

My point in bringing up Duke and Kansas is that it's not like the other top 5 programs besides Carolina were spitting out NBA stars in the 80's and 90's

 

 

true...

Yeah and I'm bringing up the point that you could say the same thing about Duke.

 

Could probably say the same thing about Kansas too.

 

Once again great, but we're talking about UK. Who cares that other teams also have the same issues. People get so out of shape that someone said a true statement about UK. Then go all elementary school student level and use the well they did it too excuse.

 

What he said is very true about UK. Then from a business side very smart because he knew he would get this reaction from our crazy fan base.

Once again great, but we're talking about UK. Who cares that other teams also have the same issues. People get so out of shape that someone said a true statement about UK. Then go all elementary school student level and use the well they did it too excuse.

 

What he said is very true about UK. Then from a business side very smart because he knew he would get this reaction from our crazy fan base.

That's all it is. We are in a sports dead period right now. Especially for guys like Colin who are more pro sports oriented. I think we as fans in this part of the country think that the majority of the country cares about college sports when that just simply isn't the case. Football is over. Baseball hasn't started. The NBA regular season is a drag, College basketball only has 1 month where its relevant on a national stage. There's nothing to talk about right now. Colin could care less about what Jim Bob from Kentucky says about him.
That's all it is. We are in a sports dead period right now. Especially for guys like Colin who are more pro sports oriented. I think we as fans in this part of the country think that the majority of the country cares about college sports when that just simply isn't the case. Football is over. Baseball hasn't started. The NBA regular season is a drag, College basketball only has 1 month where its relevant on a national stage. There's nothing to talk about right now. Colin could care less about what Jim Bob from Kentucky says about him.

 

I tell my UK and UL friend the same thing. A vast majority of the country could care less about college basketball in the regular season.

I take what Cowturd says about any sport, crumple it up, wipe and then flush.

I used to enjoy listening to Cowherd but lately he's gone down a path I don't get into

I tell my UK and UL friend the same thing. A vast majority of the country could care less about college basketball in the regular season.
The vast majority of the country could care less about college basketball at all if it wasn't for the gambling implications of the NCAA tourney. Look no further than college football. We just happen to reside right in the middle the two college football hotbeds: the southeast and midwest. Outside of these regions NOBODY cares. I think since we live in what I consider the hotbed of college sports, we tend to forget this.
I used to enjoy listening to Cowherd but lately he's gone down a path I don't get into

 

Same - when he was saying Brady was washed up for two average/bad playoff games in a row.. Considering it was against a very good Houston defense and at Denver last year which was historically good.

 

Haven't listened to him since then.

I used to enjoy listening to Cowherd but lately he's gone down a path I don't get into

 

I used to occasionally watch or listen to him but he's too Pro oriented for my taste, although I totally understand that's where the market and money is. I realize I'm in the minority in that thinking.

 

I stopped watching Mike and Mike for that same reason. I'm more interested in college when it comes to football and basketball, which are the two main sports discussed on the national sports shows. Im not a big pro person. I rarely watch baseball after what happened in 1994, except in the post season. Actually, I'm the same with the NBA and NFL, usually watch only post season.

 

But I admit I may now be a Pelican fan after the recent trade!

He's ALMOST as bad as Matt Jones.... almost

Nobody touches Matt Jones. He's AWFUL!

Nobody touches Matt Jones. He's AWFUL!

 

He said today on his show that Cowherd was afraid to debate him. He had tried to call Cowherd's show to debate him on the issue and said the answer he got was Cowherd had more important things to worry about. So Matt says on his radio show that Cowherd either thinks he's too big or is afraid to discuss the issue with him. Said he makes comments like he has about UK but when it comes to defending those statements he says he is above that. He said Cowherd wouldn't debate him because he knows he has an equal in that department and he can't totally back up his argument. I think he also said he would would probably get cut off if Cowherd finally did decide to debate him, not get the last word. Of course, Jones also does that sort of thing too.

 

That's not word for word but I'm quoting on memory.

That's not word for word but I'm quoting on memory.

 

I was listening today and I think you were certainly close enough to what he said. He mentioned something about his mic getting intentionally muted like Clay Travis did to him lol.

Cowherd absolutely is above debating a LOCAL radio personality about the team he obsesses over. No reason he should give Jones or anyone in a similar position the platform of ESPN to debate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.