Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Colin Cowherd says UK fans bragging about All-Star weekend is pathetic

Featured Replies

He knows exactly what he's doing. UK has the biggest college basketball fan base and it's not even close, and no program hits the sports boards like Cats' fans. He's stirring the pot. Rafters has already probably blown a fuse and he's on there reading every word right now with a big grin on his face saying, "gotcha sucker."

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the guy needs some "Good Lovin." Excellent Grateful Dead song by the way.

Colin clearly doesn't know BBN that well. :lol2:

I don't really follow why it is pathetic to be proud of, or point out success had by your teams former players at the next level. Seems pretty natural for a fan to feel this way.

 

Didn't Stu Scott have a habit of uttering the word "Tarheel" quite a bit during highlights when NBA players from a certain school were featured. Maybe Colin thinks he is pathetic as well.

Colin clearly doesn't know BBN that well. :lol2:

 

Honestly I think he knows BBN well, this was all clickbait. I will say, I didn't read the article and wont based on knowing that he's just looking for attention. Mainstream media is the worst it's ever been IMO whether it being sports, regional news, national news, whatever. There is no reporting actual news, now its all about how many people can I rile up by writing nonsense.

Which school has had the most success historically?

 

UCLA. Jabber, Walton, Wilkes, Goodrich, Marques Johnson, Vandeweigh

 

UNC. Jordan, Worthy, Davis, Scott, Kupcheck, Perkins, Daugherty, Carter, et al

UNC without any doubt honestly. But the thing about Cal's kids is that most of them get drafted so high they end up on garbage teams. That has nothing to do with them being some of the best players in the league.

 

For instance, when Jordan got drafted he put up insane numbers for years, but the Bulls were still garbage. Once they built a team around him, they went on a run. It seems that New Orleans is trying to do that with Davis. But say you moved Davis somewhere else that has a decent team, they could run off multiple championships in a row as well.

A similar argument could be made for Duke.

 

Great! But we're talking about UK...

Great! But we're talking about UK...

 

Yeah and I'm bringing up the point that you could say the same thing about Duke.

 

Could probably say the same thing about Kansas too.

To be fair he does have a point about UK players in the NBA before Cal. As great as the history of UK program. There wasn't to many truly successful guys in the NBA before Cal. Especially not stars until Cal.

 

I can see that point quite well. Who would be KY players that had very good careers in the Pros' before Cal?

 

Did Odie Smith from the '58 team? Had a good career for the Royals didn't he?

 

Everyone knows Issel was great but what about Louie Dampier? He scored a lot in the old ABA and still played a year or more after the merger.

 

Kevin Grevey had a good career I thought. Started for the Bullets a few years and was instrumental in helping them win the '78 playoffs.

 

Bowie was hurt too much to ever know what he might have been.

 

Macy was a fill in.

 

Winston Bennett had a decent career and hung on.

 

Other than the Olympians from the late 40's, who am I missing here?

Yeah and I'm bringing up the point that you could say the same thing about Duke.

 

Could probably say the same thing about Kansas too.

 

Kansas has an ace in the hole with Wilt Chamberlin.

I can see that point quite well. Who would be KY players that had very good careers in the Pros' before Cal?

 

Did Odie Smith from the '58 team? Had a good career for the Royals didn't he?

 

Everyone knows Issel was great but what about Louie Dampier? He scored a lot in the old ABA and still played a year or more after the merger.

 

Kevin Grevey had a good career I thought. Started for the Bullets a few years and was instrumental in helping them win the '78 playoffs.

 

Bowie was hurt too much to ever know what he might have been.

 

Macy was a fill in.

 

Winston Bennett had a decent career and hung on.

 

Other than the Olympians from the late 40's, who am I missing here?

 

How could I forget Frank Ramsey and Cliff Hagan???? :ohbrother:

Yeah and I'm bringing up the point that you could say the same thing about Duke.

 

Could probably say the same thing about Kansas too.

 

Yeah - NOT - Can you say Wilt Chamberlain... Not to mention another hall of famer in Pierce.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.