Powell vs. Lee matchup

I agree with three of Lee's seniors would start most anywhere in the region.

Estill is more than just Berryman and Christopher. They have a group of youngsters that are working very hard from what I hear. They are very much a team and will have to be this year - more so than in the past.

They like Lee, Powell, and Owsley are all searching for the right recipe for that district title. The good thing about a new year is that everyone starts from scratch and the last year doesn't matter. Everyone is 0-0 and I think it will be a very competitive district. I don't think any of these four teams are going undefeated in District play like Lee did last year. It will be an exciting year in the 56th.

I am not sure why Lee is searching for the right recipe. 4 returning starters under the same coach and system, district champs last year, all A regional champs from last year. I think the recipe is going to be the same. This team in practice looks better than last years team. I do believe the other district teams may also be improved thus making it a fun season to watch.:jump:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure why Lee is searching for the right recipe. 4 returning starters under the same coach and system, district champs last year, all A regional champs from last year. I think the recipe is going to be the same. This team in practice looks better than last years team. I do believe the other district teams may also be improved thus making it a fun season to watch.:jump:

The main ingredient from last season was the inside game - they will have to switch gears because their guard play is stronger than their post play this season

Stronger guard play will be a defining factor in a matchup with powell this season. Powell has always seemed to have stronger post play than guard play, may be interesting. Powell on the other hand has a deep bench of guards, and a deep bench of forwards and centers. This will be a matchup to watch for sure. I do believe if the Pirates can find themselves comfortable in Coach Lively's style of play that they can beat a very good Bobcat team.