Campbell County Wins 37th District JV Championship

Gold

Congratulations to the Campbell County JV team on winning the 38th District title. Camels beat Brossart 55-14 in the semi-finals and went on to defeat Calvary Christian 57-25 in the championship game.

Big things to come for these Camels! Congrats to these boys and head coach Jerry Gross and assistant coach Dave Orth.

It had the feeling very much of an afterthought event.

Had Scott drawn Brossart I'm sure they would have used our Friday night JV game as the "tournament" game also. Campbell would have then defeated Calvary and a pretty good finals would have ensued between the Camels and Eagles.

The jackpot that Scott got into with a double-scheduling conflict is the actual reason that Brossart does not participate in either the NoKyCoachesAssociation Freshmen or JV tournaments.

While I would never pass up the opportunity to watch our guys play, I left feeling very much like I had cheated myself out of a nice afternoon at the simulcast facility betting the races from Gulfstream. When the Mustangs failed to compete, this became the most anti-climatic finals in the history of tournament finals. Pretty much a waste of everyone's Saturday afternoon.

Now, if we had somehow knocked off the Camels I'd probably have a different feeling about it. :)

Our JV teams are the stepchildren of the region, and its kind of a shame, when the freshmen tournament, both district and regional is a much bigger deal than the JV tournament. There is no JV regional tournament - Understandable because the JVs are needed in the late season for post-season varsity prep, so I guess what is, is. .