Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs. Pikeville

Featured Replies

  • Author

Uh and your last two games were against Allen Central and South Floyd, I wouldn't be talking like you have some strong schedule..lol

  • Replies 185
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh and your last two games were against Allen Central and South Floyd, I wouldn't be talking like you have some strong schedule..lol

 

 

Never said that. YOU were talking about how well your QB was doing with only 2 games under his belt. Passing and handing off.... WHICH GAMES? I am seriously asking you.

  • Author

Yes against East Ridge and Magoffin, We will see which qb can handle the pressure come friday night.

Yes against East Ridge and Magoffin, We will see which qb can handle the pressure come friday night.

 

 

There you go, getting all defensive. What happened to the other QB?

  • Author

Haywood let Elkins take over for him at Lawrence County, and ever since the Pirate offense has found thier spark and haven't looked back. He makes good decisions on the field and seems to have a lot better hands then Preston, Preston now plays WR and has caught a couple passes. I think the Pirate faithful was pleasently surprised when they say Elkins (a sophomore) ability to pass the ball and just how accurate he is. The future looks very bright at qb for Belfry.

The question I want to know, in all seriousness: How crazy will Panther fans be when they lose #6 in a row?

I hate to burst your bubble, but we won't get crazy at all. If we have learned anything this year, it's that football is fun, and if you work hard at something, it builds character, not to mention a few other things. Football IS NOT life. If we lose, we'll go back to the drawing board and get better for next week. This Pikeville team has gone through alot this year, and life will go on.....Sorry, but try as you might, you'll not get us riled.

by the way, "in all seriousness", I know what the CamField stands for, but what does the "junky" in your name mean?:confused: :confused: :D

I'm pretty sure these are right, too.

 

1993 Belfry 34 - Pikeville 16

1994 Pikeville 36 - Belfry 14

1995 Belfry 7 - Pikeville 6

1996 Belfry 26 - Pikeville 20

1997 Belfry 42 - Pikeville 7

1998 Pikeville 35, Belfry 19

1999 Pikeville 26, Belfry 8

2000 Pikeville 31, Belfry 14

2001 Belfry 28 - Pikeville 7

2002 Belfry 20 - Pikeville 12

2003 Belfry 28 - Pikeville 12

2004 Belfry 30 - Pikeville 0

2005 Belfry 36 - Pikeville 7

Actually in 93 it was 26-6 Belfry, and in 94 it was 42-27 Pikeville. These were my JR. and SR. years repectively.

No particular meaning Zeus. Are you a Pagan who worships the Greek gods?

 

I legitimately wanted to know if the fans at Pikeville see this game a game they want BAD, or just would like to win. I appreciate your first comment. It was insightful.

What a great post.:lol: :lol:

 

Actually, these are kids who have to defend what us old bored folks get on here and say.

 

So, I'll end it like this:

May both teams play with heart, fight the good fight, and go home injury free. I have seen too much pain and heartache for it to even matter any more. (i.e. John Michael Mayo):thumb:

:thumb: :thumb:

When I read through this thread and see the jabs back and forth between "us old bored folks" (thanks Zeus) it makes me shake my head a little bit.

 

With the history of this rivalry, emotions are expected to run a little high. But I think we have left the high road for a seedier, darker alley way and some of our comments do not reflect well on our programs or the very deserved reputations they hold.

 

 

In the words of Oliver Perry, “We have met the enemy, and the enemy is us!” ;)

 

 

Can we get back on the topic of the game, and leave the personal comments out of it.

 

And build it up to the anticipated, unrivaled battle of EKY that we all know that it is. :thumb:

I think Belfry will win this one, I'm really looking forward to friday night.

Does Belfry really have this big advantage up front that everyone seems to expect? The Pirates are smaller than years past, but quicker. Pikevilles line is stronger than they have been and maybe bigger (would like a Panther perspective on that). So maybe it is more equal up front than we realize.

 

Can anyone stop Harmon? If he breaks a tackle, can Belfry run him down? He is probably the best back Belfry will face this year with the possible exception of Vicars of NCC (but their line play was not good and he was ineffective).

 

Thoughts on those two points.

I agree that the Harmon kid is impressive. I am not sure he is better than Kasey Clark (assuming we get there), or Matt Thomas.

 

Belfry is definately not big on the D-line, but every since Mickey (or Haywood, not sure who) decided to move toward a smaller but more athletic defensive front, Belfry has been improved on defense. I think its led to more penetration and more negative plays, whereas the larger Belfry front 5 fronm the late 90's was more of a stop you on 3rd and 3 team.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.