Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs. Pikeville

Featured Replies

billyray if your calling Belfry fans unclassy, then you don't know much about them, Belfry fans are like all teams fans they have the ones who are homers and the ones who will tell it like it is. SO if your trying to insinuate that Belfry fans do not have class then you don't know what your talking about. One thing about this thread that has suprised me is the lack of anyone discussing the game, thats why I started this thread, so please fill us in with what your thought are about this game and how you see it playing out this friday night.

 

I know all about Belfry fans. I know a lot of people from Belfry and have rooted for the Pirates for a long time. I wasn't referring to Belfry fans as a whole, you are trying to put words into my mouth.

 

As for the game, I'm not going to analyze. I'm enjoying listening to the Belfry fans talking about how easy it is going to be, and how easy it has been the last 5 years.:thumb:

  • Replies 185
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep the posts coming reminding everyone about the last 5 years.

 

Pikeville has dominated Belfry many times over the years. Posts like yours make

me positive it will happen again, and sooner rather than later. Win, lose or draw though, Pikeville fans will show class.

 

You know, I was going to say a mouthful, but I'll let Belfry's team echo my statements on Friday.

  • Author
I know all about Belfry fans. I know a lot of people from Belfry and have rooted for the Pirates for a long time. I wasn't referring to Belfry fans as a whole, you are trying to put words into my mouth.

 

As for the game, I'm not going to analyze. I'm enjoying listening to the Belfry fans talking about how easy it is going to be, and how easy it has been the last 5 years.:thumb:

 

To be honest about it, your listening to some Belfry fans, not all! First of all I am a Belfry fan and I do think they "can" beat the Panthers, but if they don't come ready to play it will be a long trip to Pond Creek via good ole 119, and thats a fact! But believe me when I say that all the Belfry faithful do not feel this will be a cake walk! I know the coaches at Belfry will be ready and they will have thier team eady, I am looking forward to friday and I think it will be a great atmosphere and game!

Since 2001...

 

Belfry 135

Pikeville 32

 

 

But I will say that I love this POST!!!!!!!:thumb: :D

2000 Pikeville 31, Belfry 14

1999 Pikeville 26, Belfry 8

1998 Pikeville 35, Belfry 19

 

A little starter course for those who have no recollection of any football played before 2001.

It's funny,

I keep hearing Belfry fans talk about "the last five years" and "since 2001" and on and on.

 

These are not the kinds of things I'd expect from Belfry folks.

 

I have always heard that a team takes on the coach's personality and I think the Belfry team has....Class

Coach Haywood and staff always display tremendous class.

 

It's too bad some of the class around the program hasn't made it to everyone.

 

I would guarantee the players and coaches aren't gloating about games in years past.

It's funny,

I keep hearing Belfry fans talk about "the last five years" and "since 2001" and on and on.

 

These are not the kinds of things I'd expect from Belfry folks.

 

I have always heard that a team takes on the coach's personality and I think the Belfry team has....Class

Coach Haywood and staff always display tremendous class.

 

It's too bad some of the class around the program hasn't made it to everyone.

 

I would guarantee the players and coaches aren't gloating about games in years past.

 

 

Very well said. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

  • Author

Pikeville has its fair share of fans who act the same way, every team does, you are singling out people who are gloating, I havent gloated once, refer to post 78 and you shall see I think it will be a dogfight!

Pikeville has its fair share of fans who act the same way, every team does, you are singling out people who are gloating, I havent gloated once, refer to post 78 and you shall see I think it will be a dogfight!

I didn't single out anyone.

I just made a statement.

 

You felt the need to respond, why do you feel the need to defend your posts???

 

Good luck to both teams!!

  • Author

Why do you feel the need to post something talking about the Belfry fans referning to the last 5 years. The proof is on the field, and thats where those last 5 (W's) came from, not a message board or some gloating fans on BGP! :thumb:

Class????

 

How about saying, "you know what, you guys have beaten us the last 5 years, and maybe we'll change that Friday night"?

 

Instead, your only remarks are that it is classless for us to bring up the record during the last 5 years.:rolleyes: If stating the obvious, the truth, the record, the bottom line, or any of the above is classless, then so be it.

 

But I think its childish if you can't take a little ribbing about the team's records this century, or Belfry's overall lead in the series.;)

 

If you can't, what's the use in calling the Belfry vs Pikeville game a heated rivalry anyway?

2000 Pikeville 31, Belfry 14

1999 Pikeville 26, Belfry 8

1998 Pikeville 35, Belfry 19

 

A little starter course for those who have no recollection of any football played before 2001.

 

 

I'm pretty sure these are right, too.

 

1993 Belfry 34 - Pikeville 16

1994 Pikeville 36 - Belfry 14

1995 Belfry 7 - Pikeville 6

1996 Belfry 26 - Pikeville 20

1997 Belfry 42 - Pikeville 7

1998 Pikeville 35, Belfry 19

1999 Pikeville 26, Belfry 8

2000 Pikeville 31, Belfry 14

2001 Belfry 28 - Pikeville 7

2002 Belfry 20 - Pikeville 12

2003 Belfry 28 - Pikeville 12

2004 Belfry 30 - Pikeville 0

2005 Belfry 36 - Pikeville 7

Class????

 

How about saying, "you know what, you guys have beaten us the last 5 years, and maybe we'll change that Friday night"?

 

Instead, your only remarks are that it is classless for us to bring up the record during the last 5 years.:rolleyes: If stating the obvious, the truth, the record, the bottom line, or any of the above is classless, then so be it.

 

But I think its childish if you can't take a little ribbing about the team's records this century, or Belfry's overall lead in the series.;)

 

If you can't, what's the use in calling the Belfry vs Pikeville game a heated rivalry anyway?

 

Wow, got "the last 5 years" in there twice in that post!:lol: I'm out, but please keep 'em coming. Great entertainment value.:D

 

:sssh: :walk:

  • Author
Wow, got "the last 5 years" in there twice in that post!:lol: I'm out, but please keep 'em coming. Great entertainment value.:D

 

:sssh: :walk:

 

Yes I have to agree it was a "Great entertainment value" these last 5 years. That 25 bucks I paid at the gate for these last 5 Pirate victories was well worth every penny! And hopefully billyrayjoebob we will keep 'em coming! :D

Boy, I'm glad most Belfry fans are as Classy as their team and coach not like others who must have moved in, transferred in, or swam the river and now are hangers on.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.