Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs. Pikeville

Featured Replies

  • Author
Exactly.

 

Uh, I think toots might have been trying to be sarcastic, and saying Pikeville doesn't have any good wins either..:sssh:

  • Replies 185
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, I think toots might have been trying to be sarcastic, and saying Pikeville doesn't have any good wins either..:sssh:

 

Where is that Captain Obvious guy?:D

I think that is a very valid point billyrayjoebob. No need to go chest thumping about those 4 victories.

 

You two must have missed this part.

  • Author

After tommorow night we will know who is the best and there will be no excuses!

You two must have missed this part.

 

 

He was saying that neither team need to go chest-bumping, but you'd have to read the entire post to figure that out.

 

But thank you for coming out of hiding, Capt. Obvious.:D

He was saying that neither team need to go chest-bumping, but you'd have to read the entire post to figure that out.

 

But thank you for coming out of hiding, Capt. Obvious.:D

 

Didn't you read my post that agreed with him? Capt. Obvious obviously doesn't get through to everyone. BTW, my last post to you. Thankfully you are in the very small minority of Belfry fans.

Didn't you read my post that agreed with him? Capt. Obvious obviously doesn't get through to everyone. BTW, my last post to you. Thankfully you are in the very small minority of Belfry fans.

 

 

Originally Posted by Watusi

I think that is a very valid point billyrayjoebob. No need to go chest thumping about those 4 victories.[/quote

 

And it won't help their case any if they beat Pikeville, whose 3 wins have come against teams with a 4-9 record. And those 4 wins were against Betsy Layne, Magoffin County, Jackson County and Paintsville.

 

Exactly.

 

Thankfully, I am in the reading comprehension fan club.

 

But nice try at a cover up.:thumb:

I am going to post my analysis and prediction (for what they are worth) right before I leave for the game tomorrow...

 

Go Panthers!!!

This has actually gotten very funny. :rolleyes:

 

I think billyray knows what he's talking about. He wasn't on here bragging about Pikeville's wins and how superior they are...He simply pointed out to you that you didn't have much quality wins. You two were so quick to point out that Pikeville didn't either. Did anyone say they did? For the life of me I can't find it anywhere in this thread......

I don't think Belfry will hang 42 on Pikeville, but I will say that I think after 5 games have been played Belfry's offense will be better than a Henry Clay team at Week 1.

 

 

This type of post is actually very amusing. I am NOT talking about how Pikeville played Henry Clay, but if Henry Clay and Belfry were to play NOW, it'd be the same or worse than what you saw last year.;)

Listen who really cares what the records look like of the teams Belfry and Pikeville have played. Anyone that know anything about high school football in Kentucky knows that the Belfry / Pikeville game is one of the top games in the mountains as well as the state every year. You throw out records in a game like this because this is a game where pride and respect come into play. The hate that builds in each players hearts of either the Pirates or the Panthers because they know that in the opposite locker room the team that they hate to loose to the most is about to step on the field with them and play for the bragging rights of the county for another year. It's an awesome site to see both teams run onto the field because you know that no matter what has happend so far that season in this game everything that each player has will be left on the field.

 

Pikeville has a good team with some good talent especially in the backfield. Belfry again has a trio of backs to contain, along with a powerful offensive line, a new and talented quarterback and a smothering defense. This one will be close at halftime but the Pirates own the Panthers in the second half. Dustin May will be too much of a load for the Panthers to stop and the Pirates own the bragging rights for another year in Pike Co.

 

Belfry: 35

Pikeville: 14

 

GO BIG RED!!!!:fire: :fire: :fire:

I think Dustin May will be the best player on the field. He might not be the best Rb on the field, but overall the most impressive kid on the turf tommorrow night.

What makes you so sure Pikeville can beat the Pirates? One man won't be enough, I can tell you that right now, so give us some examples of why Pikeville will do something that havent done in 5 years?

Again Harmon , Harmon ,Harmon !!!!!!!!! Look @ the trouble Henry Clay had with the run game ?? ....

Ok... I happen to think Harmon will get some yardage. Still he went head to head with Vicars from NCC last season in which Pikeville got smoked. Belfry made Vicars look very average IMO. I think Harmon is a very talented young tailback who is good now and will be awesome in the future, but Harmon, Harmon, Harmon will not be enough to beat the Pirates.

 

Who will block the 270 lb Totten? Who will block Will Sutherland and Bobby Burton? Who will stop Ivan Lee (Sophmore with ridiculous talent who is 6'2 240 and just turning baby fat into good ole fashioned football muscle)?

 

I can keep asking questions. Look, I am kinda shocked at the depth of the Pirate defense myself, but they really have 20 kids that get time among the 11 positions on that side of the ball. IMO, the depth will simply be too much over A FOUR QUARTER GAME! Pikeville will wear down. If I'm wrong, i want to be chastised venemontly for a solid week..

 

I won't be wrong.

IIf I'm wrong, i want to be chastised venemontly for a solid week..

 

I won't be wrong.

 

Good Morning Cam...In Less Than 12 hours your week of being Chastised will begin. :)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.