Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs. Pikeville

Featured Replies

  • Replies 185
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait til friday night!

 

:thumb:

 

Now there's a post we call all agree on!!! :ylsuper:

Why fuss amongst fan bases? When it's all said and done...the best team has usually won in this series. Pikeville controlled the 80's...Both teams split the 90's and Belfry has dominated the series over the past 5 years. It all comes out in the wash. Both fan bases have tremendous programs to cheer for...and IMO, both fan bases truly respect both programs. Pikeville and Belfry have ALWAYS REPRESENTED PIKE CO AND THE MOUNTAINS WITH CLASS. We can argue programs until the cows come home...but the bottom line is that both are tremendous and well represented.

 

Friday's game will be another smash mouth classic....Belfry's terrific trio vs. Pikeville's Man child (Harmon). Sit back and enjoy it......because life's too short not to.

Why fuss amongst fan bases? When it's all said and done...the best team has usually won in this series. Pikeville controlled the 80's...Both teams split the 90's and Belfry has dominated the series over the past 5 years. It all comes out in the wash. Both fan bases have tremendous programs to cheer for...and IMO, both fan bases truly respect both programs. Pikeville and Belfry have ALWAYS REPRESENTED PIKE CO AND THE MOUNTAINS WITH CLASS. We can argue programs until the cows come home...but the bottom line is that both are tremendous and well represented.

 

Friday's game will be another smash mouth classic....Belfry's terrific trio vs. Pikeville's Man child (Harmon). Sit back and enjoy it......because life's too short not to.

 

Great post. BUT, Pikeville brings a lot more than Harmon to the table. It isn't Harmon vs. trio...

Great post. BUT, Pikeville brings a lot more than Harmon to the table. It isn't Harmon vs. trio...

 

 

You got that right!!!!!:sssh:

  • Author
Great post. BUT, Pikeville brings a lot more than Harmon to the table. It isn't Harmon vs. trio...

What does Pikeville have? I am really interested in what they have this year, we hear alot about Harmon, and we know about Mayo, I was hoping he would make it back for this game, but seriously give us a breakdown of what we can expect come friday?

Believe me....I know Pikeville has alot more than Harmon....but IMO, he makes everyone else better....and Belfry will need to neutralize him and make Pikeville utilize their other weapons. Harmon is a dangerous 1st down back...that is consistently averaging 4-7 yds on 1st down plays. When he does that..Pikeville is very dangerous, because of their supporting cast. However, if you can contain Harmon on 1st--then you're forced into situations that will play into Belfry's strengths. So, controlling the LOS is the single biggest thing to watch IMO...because that'll dicate what direction P-ville goes in.

What does Pikeville have? I am really interested in what they have this year, we hear alot about Harmon, and we know about Mayo, I was hoping he would make it back for this game, but seriously give us a breakdown of what we can expect come friday?

 

Rowe, Bryant, Shurtleff, Gibson, Tibbs, Walker, Elliott, to name a few. Their size/strength as a whole has nearly doubled since last year. They are ALL juniors and seniors with much experience, and they will determine the outcome of this game at the LOS! I'll bet you people will change your tunes about these boys being "pushed around because they are so small". It simply ain't gonna happen.:cool:

I suppose I am "the fan" who is saying Belfry will win in a cake walk.

 

I believe I said that Belfry could play a "somewhat sloppy" game and WIN (not win in a cakewalk!)

 

What is my definition of somewhat sloppy? Putting the ball on the ground several times, kinda like we did against E-Town in 03 when we fumbled 8 times and lost 4.

 

I am certainly not saying Pikeville doesn't have a solid team who will compete, but I just think Belfry is better and has been better, especially on the LOS for several years past. I think its a trend that bares mentioning. As far as those who thinks its "classless" to mention the 5 in a row, I do so BECAUSE this is a rivarly game! I do the same thing to Prestonsburg every year after we beat them. I guess I consider Pikeville and Prestonsburg "big boy" programs who can handle this. You won't hear me calling out East Ridge or Magoffin Co. about Belfry's winning streak over them.

 

As far as I'm concerned, "class" can be maintained without having to say "Good luck to both team! Yay for football"

I suppose I am "the fan" who is saying Belfry will win in a cake walk.

 

I believe I said that Belfry could play a "somewhat sloppy" game and WIN (not win in a cakewalk!)

 

What is my definition of somewhat sloppy? Putting the ball on the ground several times, kinda like we did against E-Town in 03 when we fumbled 8 times and lost 4.

 

I am certainly not saying Pikeville doesn't have a solid team who will compete, but I just think Belfry is better and has been better, especially on the LOS for several years past. I think its a trend that bares mentioning. As far as those who thinks its "classless" to mention the 5 in a row, I do so BECAUSE this is a rivarly game! I do the same thing to Prestonsburg every year after we beat them. I guess I consider Pikeville and Prestonsburg "big boy" programs who can handle this. You won't hear me calling out East Ridge or Magoffin Co. about Belfry's winning streak over them.

 

As far as I'm concerned, "class" can be maintained without having to say "Good luck to both team! Yay for football"

Whatever.

 

If Belfry puts it on the ground 8 times they will not win this game.

lol... Thats not what I meant.

 

I love how people emphasize what they want to believe is the main point.

 

I agree that we won't win if we fumble 8 times. I guess that was a VERY sloppy game.

 

Ok, lets say 4 and lose 2? Good enough?

Whatever.

 

If Belfry puts it on the ground 8 times they will not win this game.

 

What a great post.:lol: :lol:

 

Actually, these are kids who have to defend what us old bored folks get on here and say.

 

So, I'll end it like this:

May both teams play with heart, fight the good fight, and go home injury free. I have seen too much pain and heartache for it to even matter any more. (i.e. John Michael Mayo):thumb:

  • Author

How is Pikeville's passing game, by look of thier stats on KHSAA as of (9-14), Honaker only has 98 yards passing, Belfry's passing game is coming along nicely, we definitely have a qb for the future on Pond Creek in Elkins, he thows a very nice ball and the exchange between him and the backs looks very nice for him to only have two complete games under his belt.

lol... Thats not what I meant.

 

I love how people emphasize what they want to believe is the main point.

 

I agree that we won't win if we fumble 8 times. I guess that was a VERY sloppy game.

 

Ok, lets say 4 and lose 2? Good enough?

lol

 

I can pick apart any post.

 

I disagree though...I think if either team loses two fumbles they'll be in trouble.

How is Pikeville's passing game, by look of thier stats on KHSAA, Honaker only has 98 yards passing, Belfry's passing game is coming along nicely, we definitely have a qb for the future on Pond Creek in Elkins, he thows a very nice ball and the exchange between him and the backs looks very nice for him to only have two complete games under his belt.

 

Two complete games against Magoffin and who? East ridge?.....just wondering.:confused: :confused:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.