Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs. Pikeville

Featured Replies

I dont remember what year, (87, 88, 89) Belfry ended Pikeville's winning streak. And didnt coach Hillard Howard twist his ankle getting off the bus at Belfry?

  • Replies 185
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont remember what year, (87, 88, 89) Belfry ended Pikeville's winning streak. And didnt coach Hillard Howard twist his ankle getting off the bus at Belfry?

What does any of that have to do with this year?

 

Good Morning, The previous post was brought to you by random thoughts of the day!

  • Author
What does any of that have to do with this year?

 

Good Morning, The previous post was brought to you by random thoughts of the day!

Thats funny :D

Lets get it back to the game and not each other.:irked:

What does any of that have to do with this year?

 

Good Morning, The previous post was brought to you by random thoughts of the day!

I am just getting off a suspension... Have a good day sir.

Lets get it back to the game and not each other.:irked:

No disrespect intended, I was talking about the game, this years game.

BTW

 

Belfry 24

Pikeville 21

:lol:

I don't think Pikeville is concerned about weight as much as strength.

I guess, if they were they would spend more time at McDonalds and less in the weight room.

 

I've seen alot of 250-300lb lineman pushed around by smaller, stronger lines.

 

 

I was referring to Pikeville's line getting pushed around by Belfry's line because they are so small. And just because Pikeville fans say their linemen have gotten stronger, it doesn't mean they are strong enough.

 

Watch and see...Belfry's line will dominate...and it will be really noticeable in the 2nd half.

I was referring to Pikeville's line getting pushed around by Belfry's line because they are so small. And just because Pikeville fans say their linemen have gotten stronger, it doesn't mean they are strong enough.

 

Watch and see...Belfry's line will dominate...and it will be really noticeable in the 2nd half.

I'm not sure who will dominate but I believe it is absolutely the key to this game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

I was afraid this might have been thought by some to be the case; let me explain...

 

We'd bought new away jerseys for our team last year and had kept them a surprise from our guys. When we got there, we had to SNEAK the jerseys in on hangers to the locker room without any of the players knowing. So, I had to get them as far away from our locker room as possible AND facing the other way while they were "trojan horsed" in.

 

To do that, I sent them down to the other end of the stadium and talked to them with them facing me (so I could see exactly when our jerseys were all in the locker room).

 

What's ironic, is that some thought we were trying to INTIMIDATE Belfry -- 2 time state champ -- while down there; when the basis of my talk with them was REALLY about how IMPRESSIVE their program was ("just look at this complex, look at their indoor workout area and locker rooms here, etc. To win HERE would mean so much more...to be the best, you have to BEAT the best").

 

There was no attempt or instruction to "stare down" any of their players, stomp on any kind of logo (none of our players were positioned in their endzone even during the talk).

 

It is LAUGHABLE that a coach would be STUPID enough to come into the stadium of a POWERHOUSE with a TREMENDOUSLY respected head coach and a community that loves and respects the game and try to somehow "intimidate" them as a 3 or 4 TD underdog.:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

I've done some dumb things before, but trying to INTIMIDATE Belfry at THEIR place, sorry. Trust me, I/we have nothing but ABSOLUTE RESPECT for what's been done at Belfry and would NEVER disrespect a great program that does things the right way like that. (But I know how fun CONSPIRACY THEORIES are to some; so I'm sure the beat will go on).

 

As for THIS year's game, looks like both teams are improving and both are close to full strength...ought to be a great night of football in the mountains!

 

Nice try Coach, new jersey or not, the few of us that witnessed it all still feel that the opposing team should not have been lined up at the endzone / goal-line facing the Pirates locker room which is just a few feet away. Pond Creekers feel that there is plenty enough room anywhere else on the field to meet with your team. Or was it just the case of a new coach in town trying to add some spice to an already heated county rivalry? I guess that Panther fans and the team would have reacted differently (and forgot about it over the span of a year) if the Pirates would have done something like this, I don't think so !!! But then again you were new to the rivalry.:thumb: :thumb:

I'm not sure who will dominate but I believe it is absolutely the key to this game.

 

Every game the last 5 years.:D

Nice try Coach, new jersey or not, the few of us that witnessed it all still feel that the opposing team should not have been lined up at the endzone / goal-line facing the Pirates locker room which is just a few feet away. Pond Creekers feel that there is plenty enough room anywhere else on the field to meet with your team. Or was it just the case of a new coach in town trying to add some spice to an already heated county rivalry? I guess that Panther fans and the team would have reacted differently (and forgot about it over the span of a year) if the Pirates would have done something like this, I don't think so !!! But then again you were new to the rivalry.:thumb: :thumb:

 

Like I'd said in the earlier post...

...I/we have nothing but ABSOLUTE RESPECT for what's been done at Belfry and would NEVER disrespect a great program that does things the right way like that.

 

...and like I'd also said...

...I know how fun CONSPIRACY THEORIES are to some; so I'm sure the beat will go on.

Belfry 27-20.

Every game the last 5 years.:D

 

Please keep the posts coming reminding everyone about the last 5 years.

 

Pikeville has dominated Belfry many times over the years. Posts like yours make

me positive it will happen again, and sooner rather than later. Win, lose or draw though, Pikeville fans will show class.

  • Author

billyray if your calling Belfry fans unclassy, then you don't know much about them, Belfry fans are like all teams fans they have the ones who are homers and the ones who will tell it like it is. SO if your trying to insinuate that Belfry fans do not have class then you don't know what your talking about. One thing about this thread that has suprised me is the lack of anyone discussing the game, thats why I started this thread, so please fill us in with what your thought are about this game and how you see it playing out this friday night.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.