Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach K Has Seen Enough!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right out of the bobby knight school of 1960's approach to handling an athlete . You think a guy getting ready to cash in on 10-50 million bucks cares about his dukie tee shirt ? Couldnt happen to better guy who allowed some punk to tarnish his team and his school and be a threat to injure his opponents . Whatever bad comes their way -- Karma is a you know what .

Oh No, they can't wear a Duke t-shirt. Oh how will they survive?!?!? Puhhhllleeeeeaaaazzzzzeeee. Coach K you failed with your handling of Grayson. You're a joke.

The issue is only one player. Why punish the entire team?

  • Author
The issue is only one player. Why punish the entire team?

 

He's punishing them for playing crappy non-Duke basketball. It doesn't have anything to do with Grayson Allen.

Allen isn't the problem.

They have some selfish kids that don't fit in with Allen, Kennard, and Jefferson.

Giles is understandable because he was injured coming in, but man Tatum and Bolden have extremely underwhelmed.

Allen isn't the problem.

They have some selfish kids that don't fit in with Allen, Kennard, and Jefferson.

 

Allen is a big part of the problem - and it's not the tripping and associated distractions, it's his dominating the ball, poor shot selection, and total disdain for defense that are hurting the team.

 

Tatum? He gets the "I'm going to the league" look in his eye every time he receives a pass - and he doesn't play a lick of defense, either.

 

Giles? A shadow of his former self - lost at both ends.

 

Jefferson - glue guy, but appears damaged.

 

Jones? He is Matt Jones - will give you effort and occasionally hit shots. A role player.

 

Kennard is their best facilitator and he and Allen don't co-exist well. Kennard is also an indifferent defender - BUT - he is the closest thing they have to a point guard.

 

This team has talent, but the pieces aren't working and no one is sacrificing offense for defense to help the team gel and get stops (including Allen).

 

Personally I play Allen until I get a feel for his game - if he is making shots he plays. If he is missing shots I pull him before he takes 10 in a row.

 

A lot of chemistry issues - if Jefferson doesn't heal up they are one hot mess from here out.

Right out of the bobby knight school of 1960's approach to handling an athlete . You think a guy getting ready to cash in on 10-50 million bucks cares about his dukie tee shirt ? Couldnt happen to better guy who allowed some punk to tarnish his team and his school and be a threat to injure his opponents . Whatever bad comes their way -- Karma is a you know what .

 

I'm no Duke fan, but good grief. If the jersey name were changed you guys would be freaking out about them not respecting the UK brand. C'mon, man.

I think its a bigger deal to not allow them in the lockeroom. I feel like if I was a player, that would just annoy me.

 

I won't be like some others, I like the move by Coach K, even if it doesn't sink in for all. You gotta earn it back.

  • Author

I love the move, too.

I think its a bigger deal to not allow them in the lockeroom. I feel like if I was a player, that would just annoy me.

 

I won't be like some others, I like the move by Coach K, even if it doesn't sink in for all. You gotta earn it back.

 

If I'm not mistaken he's done this in the past, and it's always seemed to work well.

 

No issues with it from my end either.

If I'm not mistaken he's done this in the past, and it's always seemed to work well.

 

I am pretty sure you are right. I know that I've heard it before at a bigger program in college bball and I think it was Duke that did it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.