Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official St. X vs. Trinity Prediction Thread

Featured Replies

I thought about that but two things, most of Tydlacka's kicks are touchbacks, and he gets the ball off on punts, and they are high and deep. Both things can nullify a great return man.,

Good analysis on the position by position. I know T's guys can kick but X is vulnerable when X kicks. Who returns Kickoffs for T? Fern Creek broke one for 6 and almost broke another one and the majority of X's kickoffs go to the 3-5 yard line.

 

Does T still return punts and kicks only(mostly) to their sideline side?

 

As to DB's, Lexington Catholic threw for 270 yards against X but had a stud receiver in Caldwell( best in Kentucky!!) and a big sophomore TE (Who replaced Kircher and is he a target?). They still lost 47-0 but have scored 81 points in their next 2 games against Scott County and Franklin County, both wins.

 

The DB's haven't allowed that many td's- None against BG, maybe one against Fern Creek, None against LC, ?? against Highlands( 1st one run after the PI, QB keeper for number 2, Kramer came out of the backfield and caught a bunch for Highlands but that's a LB coverage for the most part. Can Phillips catch?

 

I gotta give the DB's advantage to X because of experienced seniors versus juniors.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can buy some of the arguments, ban can not concede receivers to X...they don't get enough exposure.

I thought about that but two things, most of Tydlacka's kicks are touchbacks, and he gets the ball off on punts, and they are high and deep. Both things can nullify a great return man.,

:thumb:

And if can't do it....Petrovic sure can!...That kid was almost kicking field goals on kickoffs. T's kicking game is solid.

I can buy some of the arguments, ban can not concede receivers to X...they don't get enough exposure.

:thumb:

Knock it off RP...that's 2 posts that I agree with you ...and on X/T week...

 

Passifume and Simmons are very good and very fast but not used as much as Trinity's WRs.

 

X is a whole lot more balanced this year than years past. The keying on Vic and Duece has opened up the passing game...and they will even run the halfback pass...like on Highlands.

^ :sssh:

 

 

:lol:

I'm not giving the O-line advantage to X. Trinity brought in a soph to complete the chain and he is progressing very well. Give me the Rock wall. I wonder how many players would start for the other team???.... but then again as with other aspects of the game the schools have different perspectives on what linemen need to be/do.

I'm not giving the O-line advantage to X. Trinity brought in a soph to complete the chain and he is progressing very well. Give me the Rock wall. I wonder how many players would start for the other team???.... but then again as with other aspects of the game the schools have different perspectives on what linemen need to be/do.

We know you wouldn't give up the O-line, just like I won't give up the receivers!! Who did the sophomore replace-Ryan?

I'm not giving the O-line advantage to X. Trinity brought in a soph to complete the chain and he is progressing very well. Give me the Rock wall. I wonder how many players would start for the other team???.... but then again as with other aspects of the game the schools have different perspectives on what linemen need to be/do.

I think you are right on the money. I think that the Trinity OL is doing really well. When the pass protection breaks down it is usually because the back didn't pick up the a speed rush from the outside.

Massey says 26-20 in favor of X (with 69% chance of winning).

Is it just me or is this one of the quietest X/T weeks in a long time on BGP?

Is it just me or is this one of the quietest X/T weeks in a long time on BGP?

 

 

Probably because both sides are quite tentative about it overall.

This is a scary game...if you think about it there have been two regular season suprises, the rest, not, at least not this decade.

 

2000 - Trinity (suprise)

2001 - St. Xavier (suprise)

2002 - Trinity

2003 - Trinity

2004 - St. Xavier

2005 - St. Xavier

 

 

That makes 2006 weird. A lot of people on paper would say that St. Xavier is the winner. I believe that Jody will pick them as well. With that, everyone involved knows that there are too many intangibles for this game to be greatly predicted. This one is a true toss up, IMO.

:thumb:

And if can't do it....Petrovic sure can!...That kid was almost kicking field goals on kickoffs. T's kicking game is solid.

 

 

True, Petrovic can kick it. However the coaches start Tydlacka for a reason. Tydlacka has the stronger leg,and great height when both hit it 100%

 

I know there are 2 great kickers at Trinity and some good ones in Kentucky. However I believe that Tydlacka is the best punter in Kentucky by far. 48 yard average (courier-journal), but more impressive is his hang time. We'll see him punt for sure if not kick on saturdays.

 

How is X's punting? People talk about the kicking but what about the punts? I still think the kicker is a good one, give him time.

This is a scary game...if you think about it there have been two regular season suprises, the rest, not, at least not this decade.

 

2000 - Trinity (suprise)

2001 - St. Xavier (suprise)

2002 - Trinity

2003 - Trinity

2004 - St. Xavier

2005 - St. Xavier

 

 

That makes 2006 weird. A lot of people on paper would say that St. Xavier is the winner. I believe that Jody will pick them as well. With that, everyone involved knows that there are too many intangibles for this game to be greatly predicted. This one is a true toss up, IMO.

 

 

I would have to say that the margin of victory for the Tigers was a big "surprise" in 2004 and 2005 with respect to the September game. Looking at all the analysis, both teams have strong points although St.X has clearly played the more difficult schedule and has done well. With the additional week "off" to prepare for the Rocks, I see a very focused team in X given the result of last December. I don't see the Rock defense shutting down the X offense. I don't see the Rock Offense having a field day against the X defense either. I see big advantage to Trinity kicking game and big advantage to St. X ground game. Kicking game adds points in increments

of 1 and 3, running game adds points in 6's......

 

Tigers by 12....

 

GO Tigers:dancingpa

I said X by 10 earlier, the reason being that I think the X running game keeps Trinity's Offense on the sideline. If X can get an early lead, it might force T out of a normal offensive scheme to force the ball, given that the clock might become a factor.

But, what do I know? That's why they play the game>

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.