Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official St. X vs. Trinity Prediction Thread

Featured Replies

I said X by 10 earlier, the reason being that I think the X running game keeps Trinity's Offense on the sideline. If X can get an early lead, it might force T out of a normal offensive scheme to force the ball, given that the clock might become a factor.

But, what do I know? That's why they play the game>

 

 

good point, time managment

  • Replies 137
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction: Brown and Williamson seats will sell out as rain forecast is now a solid 60% for that evening!

 

Both sides will get ultra conservative in the rain. 10-7 Trinity on a late field goal set up by a fumble recovery.

If it gets ultra conservative, that plays right into Glaser's playcalling, which can't be good for the Rocks and Coverdale.

My prediction: Brown and Williamson seats will sell out as rain forecast is now a solid 60% for that evening!

 

Both sides will get ultra conservative in the rain. 10-7 Trinity on a late field goal set up by a fumble recovery.

I agree with your first prediction. I really don't know who it favors in the rain. I would hate to see the game decided by a weather related turnover but that's football. May the best team win. I just hope St.X is the best team.

Both sides will get ultra conservative in the rain.

 

There will be no mud on the field Friday.

I just hope St.X is the best team.

 

They always are. j/k :thumb:

I would have to say that the margin of victory for the Tigers was a big "surprise" in 2004 and 2005 with respect to the September game.

 

 

 

I see big advantage to Trinity kicking game and big advantage to St. X ground game. Kicking game adds points in increments

of 1 and 3, running game adds points in 6's......

 

 

To your first point. In 2004 X had their best team in years (better than last year's best team ever) IMO and were highly motivated after playing second fiddle to Brohm and the boys for three years. Likewise, I wasn't surprised by the Rocks letdown that season for a couple of reasons.

 

 

Secondly, you are correct about trading 3s for 6s. But if the Rocks are kicking a bunch of 1s, that means they have scored a bunch of 6s. And 7 beats 6 every time.:lol:

And 7 beats 6 every time.:lol:

And 6 is afraid of 7 because 7, 8, 9!

St X is still mad over that game last year they will come out to make a statement. They will beat the Rocks by 3.

St X is still mad over that game last year they will come out to make a statement. They will beat the rocks by 3.

 

 

 

3 points is not much of a statement.

Thought the same thing.

The only predictions I can make are as follows:

 

1. This game is always unpredictable.

2. Throw out the stats and which position on which team is better.

3. This will be an emotional game.

4. No St. X fan will predict a Trinity win and no Trinity fan will predict a St. X win.

 

That said: St. X - 28 and Trinity - 24

3 points is not much of a statement.

3 touchdowns is a statement!

The head coaches X-Mike Glaser & T- Bob Beatty will be on WHAS-84 AM radio sports talk tonight with Lach McClain at 8:00pm live fron Tumbleweed.

True, Petrovic can kick it. However the coaches start Tydlacka for a reason. Tydlacka has the stronger leg,and great height when both hit it 100%

 

I know there are 2 great kickers at Trinity and some good ones in Kentucky. However I believe that Tydlacka is the best punter in Kentucky by far. 48 yard average (courier-journal), but more impressive is his hang time. We'll see him punt for sure if not kick on saturdays.

 

How is X's punting? People talk about the kicking but what about the punts? I still think the kicker is a good one, give him time.

 

X's punting has been adequate so far. He hasn't gotten a lot of chances with the last 3 games but he hasn't hit "the hanger" that we've seen the freshmen and sophomore years.

 

One point that was brought up is Andrew has kicked at college goal posts at WKU ( 18 foot wide) and NFL goal posts at PBS (18 foot) and Manual stadium ( 23 football 4 inches). I don't think different goal posts have been the main problem- better blocking has helped!

 

Advantage Trinity unless X gets a lead of 10 or more-then Rocks would be forced to go for it.

 

One advantage on the cooler weather- less chance of cramping that kept Victor out the 2nd half against BG and Deuce against Highlands.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.