Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official St. X vs. Trinity Prediction Thread

Featured Replies

  • Author
Man it sure is quiet in here!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

I agree TD. Has everyone already gone out to the Pizza Box to party in their cars at or what?

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa:dancingpa :dancingpa

  • Replies 137
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

I agree TD. Has everyone already gone out to the Pizza Box to party in their cars at or what?

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa:dancingpa :dancingpa

 

 

Or maybe their busy putting war paint on their faces!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think its the calm befor the storm.... I really expected to be reading a lot of trash talk on here.... I think is a credit to both sides that each feels confident and respects the other. Looking forward to a great game tonight. Big plays will be a plenty for both. I think the biggest match up differential is the Trinity D vs. the X O.... I know the Trinity defense is tough although Im not convinced they have seen the number of weapons the X offense posesses. Question I have is will Coach G exploit all the weapons he has or just some of them (Chooseing to save for round 2???). I will be very impressed if the Trinity D can shut down the X O (assuming it is hitting on 6 of 8 cylinders). Flipping it around, T has a very quick RB which has put up some strong numbers thus far. The T passing game looks as if it is improving although I have ???'s X D has looked good against very good competition. Im sure both sides feel they have some wrinkels they can take advantage of... Basically..... Typicall St.X vs. Trinity September game... Toss up... Who ever is better prepared, (fewest major turovers), plays undercontrol and wants it more will win......

 

May the best team win.....

I can see it now...

 

Ox & LSU are sitting in their respective X & T rooms at home .

There is candles lit all over each room.

They each have two life size cut-outs of their favorite coach.

They have voodoo dolls of the other coach...they each take the voodoo dolls and hold them over the burning candles...chanting, praying and dancing....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think a major (obvious) key to the game is ball control. As a turn of normal play, I personally look for Trinity to try to control the clock, keep their defense fresh, and keep Vic, Duece, and Co. off of the field. If they don't have the ball they can not score. Now, the best way that I have noticed for people to gain yardage on X's defense, is on mis-direction (counters, jet sweeps), and the deep 3rd's on the secondary. With Dutton, being an outside guy, that should help. OUr o-line is athletic enough to be able to run the ball effectively (I believe). IFF, Trinity protects the ball, I firmly believe they have the horses to win this game. My new prediction:

 

Trinity - 23

St. Xavier - 16

I can see it now...

 

Ox & LSU are sitting in their respective X & T rooms at home .

There is candles lit all over each room.

They each have two life size cut-outs of their favorite coach.

They have voodoo dolls of the other coach...they each take the voodoo dolls and hold them over the burning candles...chanting, praying and dancing....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

There are people wandering in and out my X room all the time, each of whom donate a homemade candle to give the ceremony a more personal effect. How did you find out about the annual ritual? :lol: :sssh: :lol:

There are people wandering in and out my X room all the time, each of whom donate a homemade candle to give the ceremony a more personal effect. How did you find out about the annual ritual? :lol: :sssh: :lol:

 

 

I have spies!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you are predicting X by 21?

Yes I am (17-21pts.) The Tigers will win it in the trenches and ground and pound.

I am on the other end of the state... hows the weather in the Louisville-metro area?

I am on the other end of the state... hows the weather in the Louisville-metro area?

 

 

Raining may hold off at times today.

 

I expect much more trash talking after the game whoever wins

yes, I agree that there will be much trash talking after the game, always is. Personally I like both teams hate to see one lose, but would hate it if they did tie. How bad would that be!!

 

:creepy:

IFF, Trinity protects the ball, I firmly believe they have the horses to win this game. My new prediction:

 

Trinity - 23

St. Xavier - 16

 

I was just checking the starting lineups in the Courier and found some things. I don't know if they are relevant but good facts to know.


17 seniors for X and 12 for Trinity of the 22 starters on offense and defense. Has that meant anything in the past?

 

Trinity's DL is Robey (230), McDermott, 225, and Delozier 250, and Flechler 240. Pretty good size with Spoelker(240) also subbing in. Pretty good size for a DL.

 

Is Phillips really 5'5 and 145 pounds? He looks bigger.

 

Wade cannot be 5'11 unless he's standing on the water cooler.

 

How many teams have the same person kick and punt? Both T and X use the same person for both jobs.

 

BTW, Tydlacka is bigger(outweighs) than 14 Trinity and X defenders( 7 T and 7 X) and 11 offensive players ( 6 T and 5 X) No wonder he is a D1 prospect.

 

LB's are almost exactly the same size for both sides. I think Weitlauf is the fastest.

 

Overall record by decades

2000's T 5-3

1990's X 7-4

1980's T 9-6

1970's T 8-6

1960's X 8-1

1950's X 2-1-1

 

12 times T and X have played twice in a season, once in regular season, once in playoff.

 

Sweeps

X - 3

T - 4

 

5 times the regular season winner lost in the playoffs

Regular Season

1978 Trinity Playoff Winner X

1984 Trinity Playoff Winner X

1985 X Playoff Winner Trinity

1997 Trinity Playoff Winner X

2005 X Playoff Winner Trinity

 

Very evenly matched.

Yes I am (17-21pts.) The Tigers will win it in the trenches and ground and pound.

I hope your feeling about this one is as correct as your feeling about the Cats giving the Cards a game.:thumb:

I hope your feeling about this one is as correct as your feeling about the Cats giving the Cards a game.:thumb:

 

 

He shoots he scores! :dancingpa

3:25, last chance to post. I think the game is a mixture of big plays on both offense and defense but with quite a few costly mistakes on each side. In the end the run get a slight lead and the defense stops X late in the game to win.

T 16

X 12

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.