Your favorite team and why?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals. Home town team. Easy to see them play. Can be painful being a fan, but still love the hometown teams. When I was a kid, I was a big fan of the Vikings, but it never hung on to me. I think i loved the players more than the team.

Dallas Cowboys.

I was born in September of 1987, so I grew up during the great Cowboys run of the early to mid 90's. The triplets were always my favorite players and I even owned a pair of Emmitt Smith Reebok's in fourth grade. Also loved Primetime, Darren Woodson, and Moose Johnson (among others).

Earliest Cowboys memory I have (aside from watching them win super bowls) was when I was around 5-6 years old. No one can question my true fandom after this one... But I had received one of the children's football sets for Christmas, the ones with the little shoulder pads, helmet, and jersey. This was before I had ever really saw a game and I ended up with the Giants while my other two cousins ended up with the Steelers and Bears. So at first my parents were pushing me towards the G-Men because of my little outfit. However, a short year or two after this I had the creative idea of taking the Giants stickers off the side of the helmet and made my own custom stars from magic marker, notebook paper, and scotch tape. Needless to say my mom was horrified when I showed her what I had done, but my response was, I'm a Cowboys fan!!!! From that moment on all I received was Cowboys merch and even scored some nice Dallas gear this Christmas.

Just like my Cubbies, I have literally been rolling with the Cowboys all of my life, from the age of 5-6. I've stuck with them both ever since, through good times and bad.

Most honest answer, my fantasy team.

Next best answer, I don't really have one, I just have players that I like to see do well, which in turns means I cheer for their team (e.g. Brees/Saints or Rodgers & Jordy/Packers).

To play along with the thread, give me the Bengals. They are local and my wallet is affected by their success.

Used to love the Eagles but once McNabb, Reid, Akers, and Dawkins left my fandom died.

Bengals. Home town team. Easy to see them play. Can be painful being a fan, but still love the hometown teams. When I was a kid, I was a big fan of the Vikings, but it never hung on to me. I think i loved the players more than the team.[/QUO

This is exactly my loyalties. Vikings to Bengals. Lost a few Super Bowls rooting for those two.

My step daughter says when the Bengals win their's the man upstairs can take me, because that is the last thing on my bucket list. I may live to 150-200 years old.

My first sports memory is the Super Bowl XVI. Hooked on the Bengals ever since. Growing up an hour South of Cleveland, both sides of my family are die hard Browns fans. My mother claims she must have dropped me as an infant. I mark it as having been born to live in Cincinnati (just live on the right side of the river now).

Awesome thread. I love reading the rhymes to the reasons.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

When I was a little boy growing up in the 80's; the 'Skins were obviously in their best days. I also had a great-great Aunt and Uncle that lived in Arlington, VA. He was retired Military (worked at the Pentagon for years) and she was a school teacher. Every Birthday and Christmas, Aunt Beverly and Uncle Carl would send me Redskins gear. All of those cool gifts + a team that was rolling? A fan was born.

Next up?

Raiders and Jets. My dad's favorite team is the Raiders, and Joe Namath was his favorite QB (he also wore 12 like Namath in HS and college).

Honorable Mention

Bengals, Titans and Colts due to being our regional teams. I always pull for those guys unless they are playing one of the above.

Steelers- Love their style of play and always have. When them and the Bengals are playing I just sit, watch, observe and then proceed to go outside and beat the hell out of things with a baseball bat because that's how watching them can make someone feel (the Bengals b/c well, of frustration and the Steelers b/c of the fact that inflicting pain and punishment seems to be what they enjoy doing :lol2: )

Its simple my dad is a huge bengals fan. So growing up that is all I heard about was the Bengals from watching them on tv (if they weren't blacked out lol), to listening on the radio, sport talk shows talking about them, etc.

Its quite amazing that I became a fan because they basically sucked until I was 19 in 2005 lol.