Your favorite team and why?

When my dad graduated college one of the first major investments he made was Bengals season tickets. He made it 30 years without missing a home game. I've probably missed less than 5 homes games since PBS opened. Except for one season when I missed them all because my AAU basketball team played on Sunday's. My mom had this little portable tv with probably a 3x3 inch screen with probably a 3 foot antenna on it and watched the games while I played.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seahawks. I've taken a lot of crap for it over the years. In the early 2000s, people laughed and wondered why I cheered for such a garbage team. Now people make fun of me for being on a bandwagon. So at least I've been consistently ridiculed over the years :lol2:..

The reason they're my favorite team? I really don't know. I adopted them in the mid-90s when they had guys like Cortez Kennedy, Brian Blades, Chris Warren, and Joey Galloway. I was cheering for Ricky Watters and Warren Moon when they were NEVER on TV, catching any spare highlight I could of my team.

I was young, and didn't understand how Cincinnati and Pittsburgh were the teams I should be cheering for based on my market. At the age of 10, Cincinnati may as well have been Seattle as far as I was concerned. The geography just didn't enter the equation.

I wish I could pinpoint one moment and say "This! This is why I am a Seahawks fan"... But I really can't. It's just all I remember.