Eating Out 2017

Big Slick

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clarify, the same owners still run Fesslers in Bellevue as ran Pasquales in the same location for years. I think they found they got little value from the Pasquales franchise arrangement and thought that the franchise rules limited them in what they could offer on their menu. Now, without the franchise rules, they can do what they want -- keep all the good stuff, drop some of the stuff that didn't sell and try some new offerings.

Great family and great place. If you haven't been there give them a shot. Hoagies are great. Pizzas are special and I even like their wings.

Felt like I lived at the place when I was growing up. We only get there maybe once a year just due to logistics. Paul was a year behind me in school. Great dude.

Sounds like the same situation with Howards in Falmouth, Gave up his DQ relationship to avoid the royalties.

We ate at Pies & Pints on the Banks Saturday night. Pizza is definitely pricey, as expected, but it was very good. Doubt we'd go there often, but pretty good from time to time.

Service was horrible when I went and we were sitting at the bar. Folks with me had the pizza, they said it was good.

Service was horrible when I went and we were sitting at the bar. Folks with me had the pizza, they said it was good.

Heard quite a few others say that when it first opened and a few days/weeks following. Wondering if they had a stern talking too or something, because it was great Saturday.

Sunday Asian at Kung Food's AmerAsia after a great church service at Crossroads-oakley . Fried Flounder with ginger soy dipping sauce .. How Fun Noodles with shrimp ( not sure I've ever seen these prepared or offered at other places its their house special noodle , wide and stir fried till the edges are crispy ) wife always gets Pad Thai . 100's of craft beers Good Hot n Sour soup , heck its all great .

Mrs. TAC put in a long day yesterday. Than had to swing by to visit her 90+ year old mom who just broke her wrist. So we met at Walt's. Shared the Shrimp and Crab appetizer than shared the filet with blue cheese butter. Yummy.

Tried MOD pizza in Lexington. I got 2 of the build your own to go.it was really good.$7.79 with as many toppings as you want. It was baked in a stone pizza oven. We really liked it.

I had MOD a few weeks ago at the location in Oakley and was pretty impressed with the taste and quality of pizza for the price.

For my craft beer friends, I recommend having a couple at Casual Pint, go get a pizza and take it back to Casual Pint for a few more.