Eating Out 2017

Big Slick

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been gone a week, dining and wining in some of the greatest restaurants. This kid wants some good ol fashion home cooking. So, the Mrs. has a nice chicken dinner planned for me last night. She ends up getting tied up moving her mother to a higher need giving facility. I talk to her on the way home after a long day and we decide to go to Longhorn with one of her sisters. Did the flat iron steak and baked potato. It was good. Wanted to try a spaghetti squash they had on the menu, but they were out of it. have a bunch of things going on thru Monday, so I guess that home cooking will have to wait a few more days.

Went to SEC Pub in Lex for 25 cent wings and $10 draft night.

Their wings are excellent. Real nice selection of sauces from sweet to very hot. Unlike a lot of places, they do not cheapen up their wings for the special. Nice big, plump, juicy wings.

If you haven't been there. It's Wednesday night's from 7-10pm. It's two separate specials. One is 25 cent wings and the other is all the draft you can drink for $10.

So for $15 you can have 20 wings and a couple of pitchers. Hard to beat.

Pasquales stromboli

Best one was always in Bellevue. Owner has since given up on the franchise and calls it "fessler's famous pizza". Not sure if he uses a new recipe or not? Anyone been since he changed the name? Family has owned it since I can remember.