Eating Out 2017

Big Slick

Been gone a week, dining and wining in some of the greatest restaurants. This kid wants some good ol fashion home cooking. So, the Mrs. has a nice chicken dinner planned for me last night. She ends up getting tied up moving her mother to a higher need giving facility. I talk to her on the way home after a long day and we decide to go to Longhorn with one of her sisters. Did the flat iron steak and baked potato. It was good. Wanted to try a spaghetti squash they had on the menu, but they were out of it. have a bunch of things going on thru Monday, so I guess that home cooking will have to wait a few more days.

That takes me back.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, they didn't have another sandwich?
I had skipped lunch and could not decide between the fish and pulled pork. I was expecting a small side of tater tots, but what I got was a big basket. In my defense, I did eat less than half of the tater tots. :lol2:

^I love Arby's, but that place is expensive! When we're spending almost $20 for the wife and I, we might as well go to a sit-down joint and be waited on.

I left the Mrs. With the the tab. Just asked and it was $17.00 for the 2 of us. That is a tad bit pricey.

My wife and I ate at the Old Salem Cafe in Marshall, VA. We shared orders of the best fried pickles and corn nuggets that I have ever eaten. I also had a very good fish sandwich and she had a great hamburger. The service was outstanding. I highly recommend the place and will return.

Best one was always in Bellevue. Owner has since given up on the franchise and calls it "fessler's famous pizza". Not sure if he uses a new recipe or not? Anyone been since he changed the name? Family has owned it since I can remember.

To clarify, the same owners still run Fesslers in Bellevue as ran Pasquales in the same location for years. I think they found they got little value from the Pasquales franchise arrangement and thought that the franchise rules limited them in what they could offer on their menu. Now, without the franchise rules, they can do what they want -- keep all the good stuff, drop some of the stuff that didn't sell and try some new offerings.

Great family and great place. If you haven't been there give them a shot. Hoagies are great. Pizzas are special and I even like their wings.