Fern Creek 80 South Oldham 67

Anyone with some stats?

Fern Creek had 4 in double figures. PG Anthony Wales led with 21, Tony Rogers 13, Ahmad Price 12, and Chance Moore with 11.

I believe the only 2 in double figures for South Oldham were their big 2, Joe Griffin with 27 and Devin Young with 24. Those are not official.

South Oldham was up 2 at half, but in the 3rd quarter Fern Creek took command with a 10 point lead going into the 4th. With a few minutes to go in the 4th FC was up 20 and emptied the bench. Wales was a difference maker in the 2nd half run and Moore came alive after only scoring two FTs in the 1st half. Griffin can shoot the lights out for South Oldham.

Fern Creek had 4 in double figures. PG Anthony Wales led with 21, Tony Rogers 13, Ahmad Price 12, and Chance Moore with 11.

I believe the only 2 in double figures for South Oldham were their big 2, Joe Griffin with 27 and Devin Young with 24. Those are not official.

South Oldham was up 2 at half, but in the 3rd quarter Fern Creek took command with a 10 point lead going into the 4th. With a few minutes to go in the 4th FC was up 20 and emptied the bench. Wales was a difference maker in the 2nd half run and Moore came alive after only scoring two FTs in the 1st half. Griffin can shoot the lights out for South Oldham.

Official stats were Fern Creek- Wales 21, Price 13, Moore 11, Rogers 10 & a fifth reached double digits in Wickliffe with 10 also.

South Oldham- Griffin 28 & Young 21

Fern Creek Tigers shared the ball very well in second half with 15 assists in that half alone and after being outrebounded 17-13 in first half, they ended up winning the rebound total 36-28 per Courier Journal.

Official stats were Fern Creek- Wales 21, Price 13, Moore 11, Rogers 10 & a fifth reached double digits in Wickliffe with 10 also

When everybody contributes FC is going to be very tough to beat. That is what makes them so tough, even if somebody has an off night, somebody is capable of picking up the slack.

Fern Creek looked good in the second half. The quickness of Wales to penetrate opened up the corners for the three and in the third quarter FC started making those shots while South could not buy a basket the first 4 minutes. The second quarter South was able to limit FC tone shot and played the same type game that FC did in the second half - Griffin penetrating or pulling up for his shot or finding Young for the three. The athleticism of FC wore down South in second half and Griffin left all he had but some of the other shooters could not get away from their defenders to get an open look - Hoover and Franklin were marginalized for most of the game. I did not think FC was a good shooting team watching the first half but they came out the second half and changed that perspective. Very nice team. South can take away some positives and has some areas to work on as they move into a tough week with Collins, OC and SK games - all 8th Region contenders.

Fern Creek looked good in the second half. The quickness of Wales to penetrate opened up the corners for the three and in the third quarter FC started making those shots while South could not buy a basket the first 4 minutes. The second quarter South was able to limit FC tone shot and played the same type game that FC did in the second half - Griffin penetrating or pulling up for his shot or finding Young for the three. The athleticism of FC wore down South in second half and Griffin left all he had but some of the other shooters could not get away from their defenders to get an open look - Hoover and Franklin were marginalized for most of the game. I did not think FC was a good shooting team watching the first half but they came out the second half and changed that perspective. Very nice team. South can take away some positives and has some areas to work on as they move into a tough week with Collins, OC and SK games - all 8th Region contenders.

Good analysis of the game. It was my first time watching South Oldham and I came away very impressed. I was surprised Fern Creek got up by 20 with about 2:00 minutes to go, but when they play like they did in the 2nd half they are very tough. They actually have 3-4 outside shooters who can hit the three ball quite regular. The difference is their ability with multiple players to score at all three levels. Few teams have that many players capable of not just hitting threes, but can drive or also hit mid-range shots. When they defend and rebound as they did in the 2nd half they become a very tough team.

Griffin became one of my favorite players. He was somebody I had heard about, but he exceeded my expectations. I really like him and Young, but did feel the length and athletic bodies bothered the rest of the South Oldham team as you pointed out.