Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Penalty for Targeting in high school

Featured Replies

To answer this, we must first know the location of the transgressor's school. There is one set of rules for Louisville/Northern KY students and an entirely different set of rules for all other kids in the state.

Whatever the rule states I think there should be a warning first. Jus my opinion

To answer this, we must first know the location of the transgressor's school. There is one set of rules for Louisville/Northern KY students and an entirely different set of rules for all other kids in the state.

 

Must stink to go through life with that kind of inferiority complex, no matter how well deserved.

Whats the rule and is there automatic ejection?

 

Cannot hit a defenseless player above the shoulders with helmet, shoulder pads, or arm.

 

I believe it is an unsportsmanlike foul.

 

Can be ejected on first one if it's deemed flagrant.

Cannot hit a defenseless player above the shoulders with helmet, shoulder pads, or arm.

 

I believe it is an unsportsmanlike foul.

 

Can be ejected on first one if it's deemed flagrant.

That's very understandable! So what if it's in front of the ball? Like there is a guy behind you that jus intercepted the ball and now you are gonna go block for him. The play would be live per say and the guy is jus standing there "defenseless" taking a play off and you decide to block him by laying him out bc that was the first person that you saw in front of you.
That's very understandable! So what if it's in front of the ball? Like there is a guy behind you that jus intercepted the ball and now you are gonna go block for him. The play would be live per say and the guy is jus standing there "defenseless" taking a play off and you decide to block him by laying him out bc that was the first person that you saw in front of you.

 

I don't think that is targeting but can certainly be a personal foul.

I don't think that is targeting but can certainly be a personal foul.
Gotcha! Not worthy of an immediate ejection!!!
Gotcha! Not worthy of an immediate ejection!!!

 

Not unless it's deemed flagrant.

I'm curious. I don't recall seeing that called in the last 2-3 years of games I have watched (about 30-35 games). Has anyone else? Just wondering how often it gets called? If Big Red Diesel is right there should be several calls in the western part of the state to draw from. The bottom line is that I don't see how you eject someone from the next game at this point in the season. I feel bad for the young man. If it is like half of the ejections I see in college football then I am skeptical about it. On the other hand, those are the hits that make you see stars (for the next 30 years). Not sure there is a good answer.

I'm curious. I don't recall seeing that called in the last 2-3 years of games I have watched (about 30-35 games). Has anyone else? Just wondering how often it gets called? If Big Red Diesel is right there should be several calls in the western part of the state to draw from. The bottom line is that I don't see how you eject someone from the next game at this point in the season. I feel bad for the young man. If it is like half of the ejections I see in college football then I am skeptical about it. On the other hand, those are the hits that make you see stars (for the next 30 years). Not sure there is a good answer.

 

I saw at called correctly at the Conner Cooper game.

 

As to your point about ejecting at the end of the year most officials will let a coach/player know that they need to calm down or they'll miss some of the post-season.

Gotcha! Not worthy of an immediate ejection!!!

 

Any personal foul deemed flagrant can be grounds for ejection.

I'm curious. I don't recall seeing that called in the last 2-3 years of games I have watched (about 30-35 games). Has anyone else? Just wondering how often it gets called? If Big Red Diesel is right there should be several calls in the western part of the state to draw from. The bottom line is that I don't see how you eject someone from the next game at this point in the season. I feel bad for the young man. If it is like half of the ejections I see in college football then I am skeptical about it. On the other hand, those are the hits that make you see stars (for the next 30 years). Not sure there is a good answer.

 

I disagree with this sentiment. If a kid does something that warrants ejection he should be ejected, is doesn't matter if it's game one or the state semi-finals. By this point in time everyone knows (or they should know) that any ejection carries a suspension. Just because a team is deep in the playoff shouldn't influence it.

From a fan in the stands perspective.....we never miss a call.....know exactly what happened and that officials are guessing....and, wonder why they don't ask us what the call should be. Forgot how bad the coaches are.....how could they have called that play...why Johnny is not playing.....what a stupid decision that was.

 

Now that our expertise is well established, my question to Clyde and others with striped experience.....As an official, Is it hard to distinguish between what I saw and what I think I saw or thought I was going to see? Personally was the worst basketball official ever (gave it up after one varsity season) because I never was sure I was making the correct distinction.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.