Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Cats Pause Player Rankings

Featured Replies

A person could make a legitimate argument for Ohmer, Crawford, or Allen as the 10th's top player. But to say any one of them is clearly ahead of the other two? No way.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A person could make a legitimate argument for Ohmer, Crawford, or Allen as the 10th's top player. But to say any one of them is clearly ahead of the other two? No way.

 

I agree.

Dontaie Allen is the best player in this region and honestly I don't think it's close. If you pay attention to Crawford and Ohmer the majority of their points come from the freethrow line on foul calls with minimal contact. Allen on the other hand scores from wherever he wants whenever he wants. But then again, that's my opinion.

 

This is an opinion I agree with wholeheartedly.

 

I think Allen is a better high school player and is a potential high major college player.

 

I think that Ohmer and Crawford are good HS players but if you drop them into a good basketball school in any region with athletes and length, they are very average. Dontaie would fit right in on any good team in the state and still be elite. The kid was putting up 30 in games against some of the best AAU teams in the country this summer.

It's ok for you to have an opinion and it's also ok for me to say you are completely wrong. Jake Ohmer and Austin Crawford both beat Dontaie Allen on his home floor. Is Dontaie better than Ohmer or Crawford? No. Will he be eventually be? Maybe. I don't know what you are basing this off of because all the stats have Allen 3rd.

 

Stats can tell a totally different story than what reality is.

It's ok for you to have an opinion and it's also ok for me to say you are completely wrong. Jake Ohmer and Austin Crawford both beat Dontaie Allen on his home floor. Is Dontaie better than Ohmer or Crawford? No. Will he be eventually be? Maybe. I don't know what you are basing this off of because all the stats have Allen 3rd.

 

Who is the more efficient of the 3? Allen. I've seen Ohmer go fo for 50+ with horrible shooting percentages. Allen has the whole package and doesn't try to do too much. Crawford is the same as Ohmer. Anyone can score 40-50+ on 40 shot attempts and 15-20 free throws a game. Allen is the best player in the 10th region no doubt.

Who is the more efficient of the 3? Allen. I've seen Ohmer go fo for 50+ with horrible shooting percentages. Allen has the whole package and doesn't try to do too much. Crawford is the same as Ohmer. Anyone can score 40-50+ on 40 shot attempts and 15-20 free throws a game. Allen is the best player in the 10th region no doubt.

Field Goal Attempts 15/16 Season:

Jake Ohmer - 235/544 = 43.2%

Dontaie Allen - 232/476 = 48.7%

Austin Crawford - 239/478 = 50%

Field Goal Attempts 15/16 Season:

Jake Ohmer - 235/544 = 43.2%

Dontaie Allen - 232/476 = 48.7%

Austin Crawford - 239/478 = 50%

Tax, don't throw in facts about shot attempts. I really enjoy watching those other two or three make fools of themselves.

When Pendleton played at Bracken Crawford had 30, Allen had 17 and shot an awful shot in the corner that would have tied the game.

Who is the more efficient of the 3? Allen. I've seen Ohmer go fo for 50+ with horrible shooting percentages. Allen has the whole package and doesn't try to do too much. Crawford is the same as Ohmer. Anyone can score 40-50+ on 40 shot attempts and 15-20 free throws a game. Allen is the best player in the 10th region no doubt.

 

This isn't the NBA bud. Crawford had 30 on Allen while shooting 12/20 from the floor.. Allen shot 6/14 with 17.

When Brossart played Pendleton County last season n Falmouth, Crawford had 31 and Allen had 8.

 

Jackson Crawford that is.

 

Crawford 8-3-6/7-31

Allen 3-0-2/2-8

So now we are judging on single game performances rather than season long? Where is the logic for that?

I know this isn't popular with some on here but I personally think the player's impact on his team's performance is the determining factor for me. Is he a good teammate? Does he make his team better? Is he a leader by example? Does he step up at the end of close games? Humble and credits TEAM for wins. Role model? Does he mentor the younger players rather than criticize or belittle them?

 

Of course, I'm "old school".

I know this isn't popular with some on here but I personally think the player's impact on his team's performance is the determining factor for me. Is he a good teammate? Does he make his team better? Is he a leader by example? Does he step up at the end of close games? Humble and credits TEAM for wins. Role model? Does he mentor the younger players rather than criticize or belittle them?

 

Of course, I'm "old school".

 

Me too. I agree with you.

A person could make a legitimate argument for Ohmer, Crawford, or Allen as the 10th's top player. But to say any one of them is clearly ahead of the other two? No way.

 

This is my take as well! Should be a fun season.

 

Allen after its all said and done by the time he graduates Allen will have as good if not better HS career than Ohmer or Crawford. A lot of potential with that kid for sure. But for the 2016/2017 season the two Seniors Crawford and Ohmer are preseason 1-2. Can't really argue that rt now. Be hard for me to pick which is 1 or 2. Both can shoot the Rock and take over a game. I've seen Crawford more than Ohmer over their tenures at their respective schools so I give Crawford the edge. Wish my sample size on Ohmer was more but maybe I can change that this season.

 

Allen could very well take that 1 spot as the season goes along. Like I said its gonna be a fun season for the 10th region basketball fan watching thaws young men play the game

This is my take as well! Should be a fun season.

 

Allen after its all said and done by the time he graduates Allen will have as good if not better HS career than Ohmer or Crawford. A lot of potential with that kid for sure. But for the 2016/2017 season the two Seniors Crawford and Ohmer are preseason 1-2. Can't really argue that rt now. Be hard for me to pick which is 1 or 2. Both can shoot the Rock and take over a game. I've seen Crawford more than Ohmer over their tenures at their respective schools so I give Crawford the edge. Wish my sample size on Ohmer was more but maybe I can change that this season.

 

Allen could very well take that 1 spot as the season goes along. Like I said its gonna be a fun season for the 10th region basketball fan watching thaws young men play the game

 

Pretty well said, PB98.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.