Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Cats Pause Player Rankings

Featured Replies

2015-16 stats

 

PPG FG% 3FG% FT% RPG

Crawford 26.6 50 28.6 68 10.4

Ohmer 26.3 43.2 34.1 84.8 5.0

Allen 22.1 48.7 41.2 69.2 9.2

 

Based on last year's offensive stats it's pretty hard to separate them. Which is the best defensive player?

 

Sorry, that chart was in better form when I hit "enter".

  • Replies 76
  • Views 21.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is everyone getting the Cats Pause???

 

They have them at Barnes & Noble in Florence.

Thank you.

 

Anything you can share about the Panthers? I know there's a lot of voids to fill, but I don't think the cupboard will be as bare as some think??

Augusta does return one starter, Jared Shoemaker, and sophomore big man 6-6 Stephen Cordle. Also Jack Laycock returns and that does it for players with varsity experience. A couple of freshmen, Sam Appelman and Preston Philpot, will help. As far as the rest of the varsity I'm not certain at this time. So no the cupboard is not completely bare but it's going to take a lot of work and hopefully that work is evident by season's end.

Augusta does return one starter, Jared Shoemaker, and sophomore big man 6-6 Stephen Cordle. Also Jack Laycock returns and that does it for players with varsity experience. A couple of freshmen, Sam Appelman and Preston Philpot, will help. As far as the rest of the varsity I'm not certain at this time. So no the cupboard is not completely bare but it's going to take a lot of work and hopefully that work is evident by season's end.

 

I've heard that Appelman and Philpot are a couple of really talented young men.

I've heard that Appelman and Philpot are a couple of really talented young men.

 

They are and they're both very dedicated. I expect both to start and improve game to game for the next 4 years. Both great kids and students and are very Coachable.

Spencer Free and Keishon Gilkey(Harrison), Canada (MontCo), Swolsly (StPat), Riley (Cal Christian), Hamilton and Brady (Bracken), Burden (Robertson), Letcher(Nicholas), Dunaway, Lofton and Perkins all Mason, are just a few of the leaders you'll see step into the hunt for the final best 10-15 players this season. Pretty clean group of individuals to spectate. The preseason top ten is solid. No doubt about it.

I hate to be brutally honest but Mason Burden is an ok player don't get me wrong. He looks like a good player because he is all Robertson County has.

 

Besides that I agree with your 10-15 @Bluechipper14.

How many shot attempts for these guys? The only kid I see on the list that doesn't have plays ran for him and still is pretty much the best player on the floor is Wells of Paris...2 sport star is the best athlete on the list...can't argue w top 3 tho.

How many shot attempts for these guys? The only kid I see on the list that doesn't have plays ran for him and still is pretty much the best player on the floor is Wells of Paris...2 sport star is the best athlete on the list...can't argue w top 3 tho.

 

I agree , the top 3 have free reign of Jacking up shots at will. What are Wells numbers ?

My quesion this year is if Ohmer gets the free reign he has had in the past with a new coach?

I agree , the top 3 have free reign of Jacking up shots at will. What are Wells numbers ?

My quesion this year is if Ohmer gets the free reign he has had in the past with a new coach?

 

Question #2 is what has me skeptical about putting the Eagles so high to begin the season. How will this team gel behind the new regime?

 

As far as Wells is concerned, I see many more plays designed for him this year.

How many shot attempts for these guys? The only kid I see on the list that doesn't have plays ran for him and still is pretty much the best player on the floor is Wells of Paris...2 sport star is the best athlete on the list...can't argue w top 3 tho.

 

Field Goal Attempts 15/16 Season:

Jake Ohmer - 235/544 = 43.2%

Dontaie Allen - 232/476 = 48.7%

Austin Crawford - 239/478 = 50%

 

Crawford scored more points while being more efficient, more rebounds, and dished out 4.3 assist to go along with it.

Hope he comes out for another strong season.

Field Goal Attempts 15/16 Season:

Jake Ohmer - 235/544 = 43.2%

Dontaie Allen - 232/476 = 48.7%

Austin Crawford - 239/478 = 50%

 

Crawford scored more points while being more efficient, more rebounds, and dished out 4.3 assist to go along with it.

Hope he comes out for another strong season.

I don't think you can decide best player just on FG%. Those stats disguise the fact that Jake Ohmer is still IMO a better shooter than Crawford and a better defensive player and stronger. However Austin is a better rebounder and has a higher FG% because most of his shots come from layups. Let's not forget when Ohmer went to Brooksville and dropped 40 and shot 20/20 from the line. These two will meet on Jan 27th in Taylor Mill.

Dontaie Allen is the best player in the 10th and it's not even close. He's going to be a high major Division 1 player.

Key word he's going to be. But as of right now he's not. He still has a lot to prove. He is a D1 talent, but not a D1 player yet. Can you explain why you think he's should be the unanimous best player?

This season will be very interesting...think Eric Johnson of Paris got left out...everyone can't make preseason roster tho had a great summer w the louisville magic...I rank players on how they perform on the biggest stage...I'm bias becuz I'm Paris but Wells is a kid you can't game plan for becuz he hasn't been the vocal point of the offense in past years and he's a beast...he gets his w effort and heart..this year things will change and he will move up the charts...didn't play on AAU circuit this summer becuz of football camps which has mayb caused him to slip...think Jerryd Jones is down too far...3 of the top 10 guys are all family in Paris ...Wells Ashford and Blackburn...on the radar is Wells' cousin Jr Titus Ransom at Boco...as freshman Paris won the region now they are seniors....like my man Bart Scott said...Can't Wait!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.