Money Grab at Thomas More?

Hellbird

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 deep is a little on the lenient side. I know for a fact a couple years ago they had 29 WR's on the roster. That is just 1 position I know about. I would think they are a lot deeper than 7 at many positions.

Then they're not very deep at other positions. I think ole Tex was doing some quick math. 11 positions, times 2 for offense and defense. At 7 per position you'd have 154 players.

How many do they have?

Then they're not very deep at other positions. I think ole Tex was doing some quick math. 11 positions, times 2 for offense and defense. At 7 per position you'd have 154 players.

How many do they have?

There are a lot of

positions that don't need 7 deep either such as QB and linemen. If you have 7 tackles, 7 centers, 7 Guards right and left etc is overkill as well. 7 centers would be a joke. Just an example.

Sounds like they are using the lure of playing college sports to boost their tuition intake.

They are, as are nearly every other D3 school in America. Do you know Centre College has 21 athletic teams? As a comparison, Xavier has 16. Transy has 26. Oberlin College has 19. UC has 17. DePauw has 21.

This isn't a coincidence. D3 has as many teams as they do completely because of tuition intake.

You haven't stumbled onto some great revelation here HB, I promise you. :D