Ryle 50 Highlands 14

bugatti

If 3 OL from an already small and not very deep group were out for this game and a starting RB played C, HHS was not going to win this game.

If #2 as a SR would rather play backup QB and get 0 meaningful snaps that shows selfishness and poor leadership skills on his part.

As mentioned above, it shows a coaching failure as well. While you cannot force a kid to play a position, your job is to create a program and environment where players want to do what is best for the team and others on the team influence their teammates to do the same.

Case in point, I seem to recall his SR year the older Bardo kid moved to TE rather than try to play QB because that was what was best for the team. Showed his character and the character of the program.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campbell county used to lose players to Highlands. I wonder how many they have now.

Trying to think of a player Campbell County lost to Highlands. Derek Smith. Any one else?

I would think Highlands loses more player that live in Ft Thomas to NewCath more than they receive from anywhere else.

I do not completely disagree, but for anyone to say this team does not have talent or the players to at least compete in a game against a NKY team or beat a Campbell county team is looking for an excuse. I understand there was some injuries for tonight's game, but there is definitely some sort of other issues in the program.... Why fix something is not broken?

Never said they don't have talent. I asked what does this team have that I mentioned that were difference makers for those other past teams.

Do they have a stud to carry them on offense? Do they have a big dominating defense? Do they have earth movers creating holes? Do they have any size? Do they have exceptional depth? Do they have exceptional speed?

I'm not knocking them, but I don't think they have any of that. They have some really nice athletes. But still none of those dominating things that the past state champs were blessed with. It happens from time to time at smaller schools. Just at HHS it doesn't happen very often and some aren't used to it or haven't experienced it.

I watch these kids workout. We share that beautiful fieldhouse with them on multiple occasions. I see their passion and desire all the time. I've seen it for years and this team is no different in the way they approach their workouts. What's different is that this team is just not blessed with size or the exceptional athlete that has carried a few of the past teams. It is what it is.

Trying to think of a player Campbell County lost to Highlands. Derek Smith. Any one else?

I would think Highlands loses more player that live in Ft Thomas to NewCath more than they receive from anywhere else.

And Silver Grove actually lost a player (D Smith) to Highlands. Not Camp Co.

I was just talking with some guys I played with and we all said essentially the same thing "we don't lose to teams that end in county and we don't lose to NKY teams". My how times have changed

I'm trying to think of worse things than a bunch of former ballers sitting around stroking each other about how good they were back in the day and how they did this and how they did that and how THIS current team .....

I'm going to to have to get back to you. Struggling to find something.

I'm trying to think of worse things than a bunch of former ballers sitting around stroking each other about how good they were back in the day and how they did this and how they did that and how THIS current team .....

I'm going to to have to get back to you. Struggling to find something.

Don't you think former players are more qualified to talk about the current state of the program than a bunch of random people from different schools? I don't know why you think you have any semblance of an idea about highlands, but I assure you there are people in here much more qualified to talk about the issue than you.