Ryle 50 Highlands 14

bugatti

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, your great dominating team for decades got beat the first time they ever played a brand new public school that doesn't recruit in only their 8th year of existence. Yep, that sucks.

Want to know something that really surpised me about Highlands last year when they came to Cooper in the first game of the season?

How poor their fanbase is. I couldn't believe how few fans for such a great dynasty had. The visitor stands at that game were more than half empty. Actually it was the poorest showing of any Cooper home game all year by the visiting fans. So one thing I am very proud of when it comes to Cooper Football is our fans are real and they travelk great. In 2012 when they went to the state title game, every road playoff game (and every game Cooper was on the road) the Cooper fans outnumbered the home team fans in every game except the title game against BG. It was pretty impressivbe and what struck me odd about Highlands.

Actually when Lexington teams came to play Cooper last year they had more fans in the stands than Highlands who is a local team and going to the first game of a state championship team. I still can't get over how poor of a following Highlands had.

Who recruits?

It doesn't matter. This will be a repeat of last year where a couple HHS fans will argue about who should be playing where and the coaches don't know what they are doing etc etc.

this thread will have a good 20 pages before next weeks game about who should be playing on the line and if the freshman team has players they should call up etc.

Its never the fact that HHS just doesn't have the talent to beat these teams in NKY, it's always because of injuries or players playing out of position or coaches don't know what they are doing.

Now its its not all the HHS fans, but a couple will continue to try and convince the rest of BGP that HHS has the talent to win it all this season if only the coach would ...fill in the blank.

I can agree with most of what you said,, and I don't have a dog in the fight,, but I don't think you can say that Cooper ran from HHS if they are playing them the first game of the year. I think you would have much more of a case if they continued to not play them at all.

The topic is not really a part of this thread,, but wanted to reply to your post. Good luck to all the teams the rest of the season.

Just wanted to take my "potshot" at a certain poster. Had to stoop to his level. Sorry about that, should have kept that out of my response to you.

Yea, your great dominating team for decades got beat the first time they ever played a brand new public school that doesn't recruit in only their 8th year of existence. Yep, that sucks.

Want to know something that really surpised me about Highlands last year when they came to Cooper in the first game of the season?

How poor their fanbase is. I couldn't believe how few fans for such a great dynasty had. The visitor stands at that game were more than half empty. Actually it was the poorest showing of any Cooper home game all year by the visiting fans. So one thing I am very proud of when it comes to Cooper Football is our fans are real and they travelk great. In 2012 when they went to the state title game, every road playoff game (and every game Cooper was on the road) the Cooper fans outnumbered the home team fans in every game except the title game against BG. It was pretty impressivbe and what struck me odd about Highlands.

Actually when Lexington teams came to play Cooper last year they had more fans in the stands than Highlands who is a local team and going to the first game of a state championship team. I still can't get over how poor of a following Highlands had.

Where the hell is Cooper?!

This Ryle game was against a team that is very talented.

Ryle did what many of us expceted. It's not a knock against Highlands, but to blame coaches or even question the coaches I think is just futile. Sometimes, just like last season, it's the lack of talent plain and simple.

Listening to how well the JV team and Freshman team is doing lets me believe Highlands will be back to their winning ways sooner rather than later.

Ryle has some great players and they just picked up where they left off last year and many of these players were key components to Ryle's success last year, so this is no surprise.

I may talk about Cooper a lot, but it's because that is what I have to compare with, because I am most familiar with Cooper. Coopers team last year was loaded, this year they are hurting with depth and next year will be without 2 very key players and will have games they will struggle with. It's the same thing that Highlands is going through these last 2 years I believe. It goes in cycles. Not coaching problem more than just lack of talent is all. That's my take on what happened Friday in the Ryle game, just lack of talent on one team compared to the other team.

Cannot give enough "likes" for this post. Funny how one of these posters was shopping their kid this summer and one of the programs shopping to was Fort Thomas Highlands.

Doesn't ruin anything. Fact is the most of their titles in that streak came from a weak 4A

Where the hell is Cooper?!

He's standing behind the elephant juggling beach balls and chains saws wearing a red and white stripped sweater and hat, oh wait.....

Who recruits?

Nobody, that's what I said, we don't recruit.

I was referring to the difference in a open and closed enrollment districts...(Boone and Kenton comparison)

Recruiting may not be the proper term but was meant kids can't go to any public school they wish in a closed enrollment district.

It doesn't matter. This will be a repeat of last year where a couple HHS fans will argue about who should be playing where and the coaches don't know what they are doing etc etc.

this thread will have a good 20 pages before next weeks game about who should be playing on the line and if the freshman team has players they should call up etc.

Its never the fact that HHS just doesn't have the talent to beat these teams in NKY, it's always because of injuries or players playing out of position or coaches don't know what they are doing.

Now its its not all the HHS fans, but a couple will continue to try and convince the rest of BGP that HHS has the talent to win it all this season if only the coach would ...fill in the blank.

Looks like I'm going to have to get @Hellbird and @NamecipS together for a beer summit!

:puke:

No beer please

Thanks AllenR, I had no idea. 627 post on a prediction thread, wow. So any idea on what percentage of those 627 predicted the correct outcome between HHS and Johnson Central? And I had no idea this site has existed since 2008, learn something new every day!

Safe to say either Greenup Co and Johnson Central have huge followings or not much to do down there when UK BB is in their off season?

At this rate, it is entirely possible that this thread beats that prediction thread!

How many seasons does Coach W have left to right the ship?

20, maybe 30 years... He's still fairly young. :D

Anyone who is close to the program at Highlands knew that last year and this year were going to be down years. Somebody eluded to why the stands were so empty during Highlands' first game against Cooper, I would venture to say that was a big reason. To be honest, I was surprised Highlands came away with a win. What wasn't surprising was a loss to Scott Co and Ryle. Also, I feel bad for the boys this week. It's going to be a long ride home from Louisville.

Congrats to Ryle, the success has been a long time coming. Keep trucking, and good luck with the rest of the season.