Ryle 50 Highlands 14

bugatti

Don't you think former players are more qualified to talk about the current state of the program than a bunch of random people from different schools? I don't know why you think you have any semblance of an idea about highlands, but I assure you there are people in here much more qualified to talk about the issue than you.

This would be an OUTSTANDING comeback had I posted about the state of the current Highlands program.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be an OUTSTANDING comeback had I posted about the state of the current Highlands program.

I was just responding to why you have a bunch of former players commenting on how we did this and how we did that.....because when we did this and when we did that we didn't lose by 36 to ryle.

Brand new field house and weight room does nothing but make kids feel like they already earned something that they havent. Every player on that team needs to be COACHED and have the determination of the players that played in the old dirty beat up locker room and weight room. These kids are living on their high horse with these facilities but these facilities do not guarantee wins.

That is low hanging fruit. Every generation had it tougher type stuff. Nice facilities are an asset. Youth players in Ft Thomas are coached up. It is time to give credit where it is due. The bigger schools have invested into their programs to be able to compete with Highlands in the hopes of ultimately competing with Louisville. This has coincided with population shifts. To top that, community buy in seems to be happening. It was a SLOW process for Boone and Kenton CO.schools, but it is starting to happen. It is better for NKY football as a whole.

I can appreciate former players getting into the conversation but saying the current team only lacks "swagger" is harsh. Different players different times different coaches and teams not mirroring one of the big keys to your success. My high school football team sucked from the word go but I can promise you we never backed down from anyone, all we had going for us was the fight. And still got ran over.

Don't you think former players are more qualified to talk about the current state of the program than a bunch of random people from different schools? I don't know why you think you have any semblance of an idea about highlands, but I assure you there are people in here much more qualified to talk about the issue than you.
It doesn't matter. This will be a repeat of last year where a couple HHS fans will argue about who should be playing where and the coaches don't know what they are doing etc etc.

this thread will have a good 20 pages before next weeks game about who should be playing on the line and if the freshman team has players they should call up etc.

Its never the fact that HHS just doesn't have the talent to beat these teams in NKY, it's always because of injuries or players playing out of position or coaches don't know what they are doing.

Now its its not all the HHS fans, but a couple will continue to try and convince the rest of BGP that HHS has the talent to win it all this season if only the coach would ...fill in the blank.

I was just responding to why you have a bunch of former players commenting on how we did this and how we did that.....because when we did this and when we did that we didn't lose by 36 to ryle.

Has nothing to do with the players on the current team does it? It must be because of coaching.

I can appreciate former players getting into the conversation but saying the current team only lacks "swagger" is harsh. Different players different times different coaches and teams not mirroring one of the big keys to your success. My high school football team sucked from the word go but I can promise you we never backed down from anyone, all we had going for us was the fight. And still got ran over.

By no means was I saying that is the only thing lacking. As a former player who loves the program and wants the best for everyone involved with it, I just wish I saw more confidence and passion. Is there a dip in talent? Absolutely. My hope is that the dip is over soon and that the guys who are currently there do everything they can to get the most out of their experience.

Great post!

I'm trying to think of worse things than a bunch of former ballers sitting around stroking each other about how good they were back in the day and how they did this and how they did that and how THIS current team .....

I'm going to to have to get back to you. Struggling to find something.

So guys being concerned about the state of the program that means a lot to them as a bad thing? Seeing what is missing and what could help the current program is a bad thing? Pardon us for being a part of a program that we are passionate about and want to do well and turn things around. Stroking themselves??? Really?? Grow up.

Has nothing to do with the players on the current team does it? It must be because of coaching.

it's a combination of both. If you had a clue of how many things have changed under the current coaching staff, and the magnitude of those changes, then you might understand the frustration. I understand a lack of talent. I understand injuries. I don't understand why some unnecessary changes were made, especially when those changes are visible on Friday nights. I get that Weinrich wanted to make his "mark" on highlands, but the phrase, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" just seems increasingly relevant with every nky loss highlands suffers.

I think it's great that guys that played want to help. Maybe some of you should make a trip to practice and tell the current team that they can be successfull with the team they have. A little confidence booster from guys who have lived it may come in handy over the next couple of weeks. Hard times coming.

it's a combination of both. If you had a clue of how many things have changed under the current coaching staff, and the magnitude of those changes, then you might understand the frustration. I understand a lack of talent. I understand injuries. I don't understand why some unnecessary changes were made, especially when those changes are visible on Friday nights. I get that Weinrich wanted to make his "mark" on highlands, but the phrase, "if it ain't broke, don't fic it" just seems increasingly relevant with every nky loss highlands suffers.

So explain if you would what changes you would make? Everyone who followed HHS knew before going into last season Highlands was going to struggle for the next couple years. That was before Weinrich coached his first game last year. They just didn't have the talent they have been used to having and many saw that and were correct.

So please explain to all of us who don't have a clue although we predicted this very thing, what the coaches should do to change things up so they will win against these teams they are not beating.