Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fill in the blank: My favorite thing about summer is __________.

Featured Replies

Nothing. Give me afternoon highs in the 50's, low around 40. Cool crisp autumn air. Hoodies,sweatshirts,football. Summer guys can have their belted docker shorts with tucked in polo shirts with sandals or flip flops(whatever you call them). I've already conceded summer long ago to teachers,families and kids. I plan vacations in Sept/Oct/Early Nov/April

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Driving the backroads with the windows rolled down and music turned up.

 

With the AC on low just for good measure.

Good looking women in bikinis.

Cold beer, cutoff jeans, truck bed, fishin' hole, Hank Jr on the radio...

 

Oh, my fault. Thought this said "Describe every Luke Bryan song."

Digging the view from our boat with my bride.

Fall is right around the corner.

 

But, to play along...

 

Working Reds games as a beer vendor. I've really developed such a passion for it. Love everything about it. It's gotten to the point, the money is just an added bonus. Great having a hobby that I love, that also pays me.

All of it. Every stinking piece of it.

 

Mostly this.

 

But, if I have to narrow it down. The sun. Love getting some, actually seeing it more than 8 hours a day, and being able to walk outside without "bundling up".

 

I'll also add: Barleycorn's Lakeside Park patio, Don Pablo's riverfront deck, walking along the Ohio in Smale Park or the old Serpentine Wall area, a big red smokey at a Red's game, church festivals, outdoor concerts, outdoor movies, the ATP tennis tournament, did I say not having to scrap a windshield in zero degree weather?

 

Take away Christmas, football playoffs, and basketball and someone tell me again why they prefer winter?

When it turns to fall. Hate hate hate summer. Too damn hot

Mostly this.

 

But, if I have to narrow it down. The sun. Love getting some, actually seeing it more than 8 hours a day, and being able to walk outside without "bundling up".

 

I'll also add: Barleycorn's Lakeside Park patio, Don Pablo's riverfront deck, walking along the Ohio in Smale Park or the old Serpentine Wall area, a big red smokey at a Red's game, church festivals, outdoor concerts, outdoor movies, the ATP tennis tournament, did I say not having to scrap a windshield in zero degree weather?

 

Take away Christmas, football playoffs, and basketball and someone tell me again why they prefer winter?

 

Not winter. Fall and spring. Hate winter as well if gets in teens or single digits, don't mind snow

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.