June 27, 201610 yr Pat Summitt’s pastor: Family no longer allowing visitors, death imminent | WKRN News 2
June 27, 201610 yr Saw a blurb last night about her failing health. One of the true icons of basketball at any level.
June 28, 201610 yr Been following this gor a day or two...really hate that this is where it is. Pat Summitt is giant in the world of coaching. Women's basketball from a level of competition is where it is today because of her. She sped the game up and made others catch up or get left behind.
June 28, 201610 yr Dang. We often have threads about who is on the Mount Rushmore of coaches. Grossly unfair that we often omit her name from consideration. She was as large of a pioneer as you will find and a true inspiration, especially to young girls.
June 28, 201610 yr Really sad...and so young. Her story is amazing and her book is well worth a read. So many icons have passed in the last few weeks; stinks.
June 28, 201610 yr I am profoundly sad this morning hear that she has passed away. My wife really started following the Lady Vols back in the early 90's and I started watching along with her. Pat Summitt is without a doubt one of my all time favorite people in sports. Rest in Peace Coach, I'm going to listen to Rocky Top for you this morning.
June 28, 201610 yr I will remember that day at the Cintas Center when Lauren Hill accepted the "Pat Summitt Most Courageous Award" with Pat present.
June 28, 201610 yr Sad news. She had that program on top of the world in Knoxville. She also has a strong family of former players and coaches that she's mentored through the years.
June 28, 201610 yr She had a fantastic career. Only 64. Honestly, I always cheered for her opponents. But I had utmost respect for her. RIP
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.