Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Texit"

Featured Replies

Great facts to bring up. I'm not denying the grievances. I am saying that the difference is logistics now versus 1775. Maintaining an empire from across an ocean was just plain hard for England.

 

Maintaining Texas as a separate Republic on the border of the mother country is harder IMO.

 

I don't doubt the problems or grievances. I doubt the logistics of comparing the two events as possible.

 

The logistics are vastly different - agreed.

 

There is no real practical answer to the what-if a state were go independent.

 

But it does beg the question. What is the possible, or appropriate, response of the Republic or States if Caesar does cross the Rubicon?

  • Replies 110
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol. The current administration can barely form a coherent strategy to combat terrorists actively seeking out to kill Americans, an ever increasing North Korean Military, an emboldened Russia or China. We have shown time and time again we cant control our borders, and we cant do anything to stop homegrown terrorists. Our government is more divided now than in the past several decade, which is mirrored by our society.

 

What makes you think it matters what the Union wants? Do you think the Union would be able to stop Texas, if Texas really wanted to? Americans can hardly stomach killing middle easterners thousands of miles away, which they only hear about over the news. Do you think that Americans could stomach seeing other Americans die, if it got "messy" like it did before?

 

Generations of Americans have done what is necessary.

 

Something tells me Hog you don't believe in the current admin. :lol2: It'll be over soon and somebody else will get to smash the Texit.

Generations of Americans have done what is necessary.

 

Something tells me Hog you don't believe in the current admin. :lol2: It'll be over soon and somebody else will get to smash the Texit.

 

I get the feeling that a couple of our members would like to see it happen. Just a guess.

  • Author
I get the feeling that a couple of our members would like to see it happen. Just a guess.

 

Not me. I am for getting more states, not losing them. I just feel like @HHSHOG62 that we are not doing real well as a country and when that happens this "lets just leave and do it better" stuff starts.

I get the feeling that a couple of our members would like to see it happen. Just a guess.

 

I'm not saying I think Texas will or should succeed, but I think the notion that they absolutely, 100% can't, is a bit silly.

I'm not saying I think Texas will or should succeed, but I think the notion that they absolutely, 100% can't, is a bit silly.

 

They definitely can but I think it would be a colossal failure.

I get the feeling that a couple of our members would like to see it happen. Just a guess.

 

Then they can pack their bags and bounce with Texas. :thumb:

They definitely can but I think it would be a colossal failure.

 

No question about it.

I'm not saying I think Texas will or should succeed, but I think the notion that they absolutely, 100% can't, is a bit silly.

 

Can you find me one post or person who said they 100% can't do it?

  • Author
Can you find me one post or person who said they 100% can't do it?

 

I think he is saying the same thing I said. Most dont think it would work, which means to me they think nobody cannot make it work. I think they can. Most of the board thinks nobody can figure anything out unless they are currently in the Federal Government. Would hate to see anyone take any chances. I dont know @HHSHOG62 but I would bet he/she is not someone who follows.

I'm not saying I think Texas will or should succeed, but I think the notion that they absolutely, 100% can't, is a bit silly.

 

I think he is saying the same thing I said. Most dont think it would work, which means to me they think nobody cannot make it work. I think they can. Most of the board thinks nobody can figure anything out unless they are currently in the Federal Government. Would hate to see anyone take any chances. I dont know @HHSHOG62 but I would bet he/she is not someone who follows.

 

I think statements like these are lazy. It is easy to resort to an absolute statement based off an erroneous thought. It happens far too often in these types of discussions. Someone takes one belief or statement and projects it out as how everyone on one side or the other believes. Lazy.

I think statements like these are lazy. It is easy to resort to an absolute statement based off an erroneous thought. It happens far too often in these types of discussions. Someone takes one belief or statement and projects it out as how everyone on one side or the other believes. Lazy.

 

You're being a bit melodramatic. I never said that anyone on here said that Texas 100% can't do it, but if you search #texit on twitter you will see a bunch of morons who are saying it. Do you disagree that the notion that Texas cant do it is silly?

I think statements like these are lazy. It is easy to resort to an absolute statement based off an erroneous thought. It happens far too often in these types of discussions. Someone takes one belief or statement and projects it out as how everyone on one side or the other believes. Lazy.

 

Where have I done this? What "sides" are you talking about? It seems as if you are looking into this way more than any reasonable person would.

I think he is saying the same thing I said. Most dont think it would work, which means to me they think nobody cannot make it work. I think they can. Most of the board thinks nobody can figure anything out unless they are currently in the Federal Government. Would hate to see anyone take any chances. I dont know @HHSHOG62 but I would bet he/she is not someone who follows.

 

Not me. I just think America would crush Texas like a grape if Texas tried it. I want them to try it. Vote today. I want to watch the chaos!!!! :lol2: :lol2:

 

It only took America 200+ years to get it right. I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually. :lol2: :lol2:

Not me. I just think America would crush Texas like a grape if Texas tried it. I want them to try it. Vote today. I want to watch the chaos!!!! :lol2: :lol2:

 

Kinda my thoughts. If they want to leave, good luck and good riddance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.