Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Texit"

Featured Replies

  • Author
I think that's a good point.

 

But are we anymore divided than we were during the late 60's and early 70's at the height of Vietnam? Or during Civil Rights Struggle?

 

Was the country all that unified during the Civil War and leading up to it? Or even during Reconstruction afterwards?

 

I too am sad because of the division but it's not like we haven't been here before as a nation.

 

I dont know if we are more divided now as we were then. We are not as divided as we were during the Civil War as that caused a war. The others I dont know. I was to young to remember. I hope we recover like we did from the others, I am just concerned that we might not. Its hard when either side wont budge.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where does that money come from?

 

There are more than 30 US military locations/bases in Texas. If they are closed, do you think that is good or bad for Texas economically?

  • Author
From other states contributions. It's not like State A sends in X to the Feds and gets X back. Some states get more than they put in. My guess is that you will find that Texas gets more money coming from DC than they sent to DC. In fact another poster, Bengal Maniac, mentioned this.

 

I understand that. I also understand that nobody would use the exact same blueprint if they left the Union as America has now for how to operate. Everyone seems to think that Texas would just basically carry on like things are now. That would not happen, could not happen and why would they want to? Why would they leave if things were like they wanted Fiscally or Socially? The way a break away state would have to operate would have to be different. Like I said in a earlier post, there could not be many handouts starting out. Would be a hard thing to do, but probably not as hard as you all think.

 

I just find it hard to believe with as many very very smart people that there is in Texas or someone that would go there to live that it could not work. Many many other countries do quite well with much less than Texas would have. And everyone here is looking at this from their eyes on what they think and how they think it has to run. To quote Taco Bell " Think outside the Box". How do you all think the USA was formed, not by doing what England told them to do, but a different way. Look at like this fiscally, we are how much in debt? Who thinks they could have done better?

  • Author
There are more than 30 US military locations/bases in Texas. If they are closed, do you think that is good or bad for Texas economically?

 

It would be bad. But not something that could not be overcome. I can sit here and ask all the same questions and thinking about this I have, but to think this could not work is to believe the USA is so good we cant do anything any other way or it will fail. Scary part in this is $$$$ controls people to the point they are scared to do anything or even think of anything different. Like I said before this says alot about our society as a whole.

 

Now you guys debate this or tell me how it cant cant cant cant be done. I have to work lol.

JJ ... I believe you are more in line with everybody else in this thread then you realize. I believe almost everyone feels that it could be done. I believe you and everyone else agree it would be extremely difficult to do.

 

Let's focus on the better discussion. Who, including you, believes that it would be good for the citizens of Texas to leave the US and how would they be better off if they did?

Where does that money come from?

 

The current 50 states.

I understand that. I also understand that nobody would use the exact same blueprint if they left the Union as America has now for how to operate. Everyone seems to think that Texas would just basically carry on like things are now. That would not happen, could not happen and why would they want to? Why would they leave if things were like they wanted Fiscally or Socially? The way a break away state would have to operate would have to be different. Like I said in a earlier post, there could not be many handouts starting out. Would be a hard thing to do, but probably not as hard as you all think.

 

I just find it hard to believe with as many very very smart people that there is in Texas or someone that would go there to live that it could not work. Many many other countries do quite well with much less than Texas would have. And everyone here is looking at this from their eyes on what they think and how they think it has to run. To quote Taco Bell " Think outside the Box". How do you all think the USA was formed, not by doing what England told them to do, but a different way. Look at like this fiscally, we are how much in debt? Who thinks they could have done better?

 

I don't think the Colonial America example works. Much of the Independence clamor came because there was an ocean of distance, literally, from England. Texas is right beside the USA and locked into the grid.

 

As for thinking outside the box, I am. I just am not thinking outside of the Universe. :thumb:

 

Sure Texas will revamp what government is for. But they will still need roads, military, governance and the mechanisms for a vibrant society. I just don't see that as a possibility in any scenario.

  • Author
I don't think the Colonial America example works. Much of the Independence clamor came because there was an ocean of distance, literally, from England. Texas is right beside the USA and locked into the grid.

 

As for thinking outside the box, I am. I just am not thinking outside of the Universe. :thumb:

 

Sure Texas will revamp what government is for. But they will still need roads, military, governance and the mechanisms for a vibrant society. I just don't see that as a possibility in any scenario.

 

Then it cant be done. There you have settled it.

  • Author
The current 50 states.

 

Exactly, Texas included.

Then it cant be done. There you have settled it.

 

I knew I could get you to see it my way. :lol2:

 

Have a good one Jesse. :thumb:

  • Author
JJ ... I believe you are more in line with everybody else in this thread then you realize. I believe almost everyone feels that it could be done. I believe you and everyone else agree it would be extremely difficult to do.

 

Let's focus on the better discussion. Who, including you, believes that it would be good for the citizens of Texas to leave the US and how would they be better off if they did?

 

First I like to argue. :laugh: I should have been a lawyer.

 

I dont think they would be better off at all. I think its a mistake. I do think it could work and I do think that it could be done better than our current government is doing things.

 

How many here thinks our current way of doing things needs redoing in certain areas?

 

I got to turn off the email notifications.

Exactly, Texas included.

 

Precisely. They take in something like $1.25 to $1.30 for every dollar they spend.

Would the Union allow this to happen? Serious question: what kind of slope would we start heading down if we started letting states out because they held the belief they can do things better?

 

Could this spiral into an armed conflict?

  • Author
Precisely. They take in something like $1.25 to $1.30 for every dollar they spend.

 

Cut spending. Is that hard? Do you spend 1.20 to 1.30 for every dollar you take in Papa?

  • Author
Would the Union allow this to happen? Serious question: what kind of slope would we start heading down if we started letting states out because they held the belief they can do things better?

 

Could this spiral into an armed conflict?

 

You dont think this can be done better? How many Trillion in debt? Who controls congress and senate? $$$. To deny this is a huge problem is not good. Sooner or later people will tire. Said it many times here before.

 

We need to clean it up before it gets there. Thats my hope.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.