Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

I'm pretty sure he is planning on being in Tokyo in 2020.

 

Or IS he?!? :lol2:

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An international incident? That's what were calling it?

 

It was certainly an incident and it involved more than one nation, correct?

It was certainly an incident and it involved more than one nation, correct?

 

It did involved a US citizen in a foreign country, but lets not act like there was any stress or tension created between the US government and Brazil. I don't think the US government even got involved.

 

I think you may have been trying to make it seem like a larger thing than it actually was, but for it to be considered an international incident, it needs to require a provocation among two internationally recognized governments. I don't think this would be characterized as a provocation.

It did involved a US citizen in a foreign country, but lets not act like there was any stress or tension created between the US government and Brazil. I don't think the US government even got involved.

 

I think you may have been trying to make it seem like a larger thing than it actually was, but for it to be considered an international incident, it needs to require a provocation among two internationally recognized governments. I don't think this would be characterized as a provocation.

 

I misspoke. It should have been an international incident.

I have no issue with Lochte losing his endorsements for being stupid. I am not sure why he even told his mother he was robbed. If he just kept his mouth shut, he would have been fine. But once his mother told everyone about it, he rolled with it. He lied about being pulled over while riding in the cab by fake cops. I think the Rio police embellished a lot of what happened also and definitely extorted additional funds from the other swimmer, but the root cause was Lochte lying about being pulled over in the cab. And the story made headlines in many other countries so it was definitely an international story. I don't blame his endorsers at all for dropping him.

I have no issue with Lochte losing his endorsements for being stupid. I am not sure why he even told his mother he was robbed. If he just kept his mouth shut, he would have been fine. But once his mother told everyone about it, he rolled with it. He lied about being pulled over while riding in the cab by fake cops. I think the Rio police embellished a lot of what happened also and definitely extorted additional funds from the other swimmer, but the root cause was Lochte lying about being pulled over in the cab. And the story made headlines in many other countries so it was definitely an international story. I don't blame his endorsers at all for dropping him.

 

Agreed. He himself, yesterday, admitted his "immature actions" and "over-exaggerating" caused this and took away from the games.

I have no issue with Lochte losing his endorsements for being stupid. I am not sure why he even told his mother he was robbed. If he just kept his mouth shut, he would have been fine. But once his mother told everyone about it, he rolled with it. He lied about being pulled over while riding in the cab by fake cops. I think the Rio police embellished a lot of what happened also and definitely extorted additional funds from the other swimmer, but the root cause was Lochte lying about being pulled over in the cab. And the story made headlines in many other countries so it was definitely an international story. I don't blame his endorsers at all for dropping him.

 

Agreed. He himself, yesterday, admitted his "immature actions" and "over-exaggerating" caused this and took away from the games.

 

Is it true he said he lied because he was still drunk when he was interviewed by NBC?

Lied or did not lie? Drunk or not drunk. What difference does it make? These countries routinely shake down the U.S. for a several million a year. Those guys had guns, uniforms and badges, who is going to hang onto their money? But had I been one of the two forsaken in Rio by Lochte, when I got back to the states, I would have given him a good pounding and demanded reimbursement. Great guy leaves his teammates to hang. Americans, do you ever learn? Act like grownups if you are going abroad.

After the Hope Solo comments after the match she should be done as a USA team member.

 

She has been suspended 6 months from US Soccer.

She has been suspended 6 months from US Soccer.

 

And her Team USA contract was terminated.

She has been suspended 6 months from US Soccer.

 

Well, that's about like a starting MLB pitcher being suspended for 3 games.

Brazil needs to settle down.

Brazil needs to settle down.

 

They are looking for more of those American dollars. This is just another shakedown.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.