August 20, 201610 yr Author Reds playing all week hurt me viewing a lot of the events. Glad for DVR. As this weekend winds down the Olympics its been great sharing the excitment with everyone.
August 20, 201610 yr USA has 105 medals(2 more than 2012 already) to end the night 38 gold 35 silver 32 bronze. China has 65 medals and GBR 60
August 20, 201610 yr Usain Bolt anchored the 4 x 100 leg last night and dominated the field. When he competes it just looks different than the rest. Swept his events with ease. Perfect send off.
August 21, 201610 yr Matthew Centrowitz - First American to win Gold in the Men's 1500m since 1908. His Dad and family's reaction to the victory was goose bumpy good.
August 21, 201610 yr Randoms from yesterday: --Really enjoyed the story about the man who won gold now twice in the 800M. Very humble. Love what he is doing for his village. --Pretty cool that the Netherlands won a gold---and it was not in speed skating! That young lady was stunning on the balance beam. -- All those US women killing it on the track and looking beautiful at the finish, barely breaking a sweat. I love the Olympics! The girl from the Netherlands was unbelievably amazing. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
August 21, 201610 yr Bolt is simply not human. He's truly amazing. Record breakers in Olympics after Olympics in various sports throughout my life, I've caught myself time and again saying "How can anyone ever go faster than that, this record can't possibly ever be broken", then someone comes along and breaks it. Here I am again saying this about Bolt, and just like before I can't imagine anyone ever being faster. I may be proven wrong, but in his case I really can't imagine it.
August 21, 201610 yr Paul Kipkemoi Chelimo of USA was reinstated after being dq from the 5000 meters. So he gets the silver.
August 21, 201610 yr USA ends the night with 116 medals, 43 gold 36 silver 37 bronze China has 70 for 2nd and 3rd GBR 66. Total domination by The USA
August 21, 201610 yr The best news of the week: Ryan Lochte apologizes for behavior in Rio - CNN.com At this point, what difference does it make?
August 21, 201610 yr Author USA ends the night with 116 medals, 43 gold 36 silver 37 bronze China has 70 for 2nd and 3rd GBR 66. Total domination by The USA God Bless the USA!
August 21, 201610 yr 37 silver now and 36 bronze since lagat didn't get the bronze and Chelimo got the silver . still 116
August 21, 201610 yr The Johnny Weir clown show NBC continues to put on the Olympics broadcasts really puts a damper on my viewership.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.