Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

She failed 2 tests and is part of a team/program with proven systematic doping. The excuse sounds similar to what a lot of pro athletes spout..."I took a supplement, yada yada yada..."

 

No I understand she failed two tests, and is part of the Russian program. However, if you read the article, you will see that she served her 16 month punishment.

 

I think the media over hyped/ vilified her moreso than necessary for ratings.

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think it is interesting that she lives in California for 11 months out of the year.

I also think it is interesting that she lives in California for 11 months out of the year.

 

Another reason to dislike her.

The Russian chick was kinda hot, so at least she had that going for her. :idunno:

 

Her Instagram is solid.

I managed to stay up for US volleyball match. 2nd set was a beatdown.

  • Author
I managed to stay up for US volleyball match. 2nd set was a beatdown.

 

I tried, but watched more of the back of my eyelids. I just can't hang like I used to.

To be fair, meldonium was legal prior to January 1st and she failed the test in March. It's entirely plausible she quit once it was declared illegal.

 

I told my swimmers this morning that I didn't think she was the villain that she was made out to be.

Abrahamson: Yulia Efimova, Lilly King narrative too easy | NBC Olympics

 

 

Thought this article might offer a different perspective of Efimova. It honestly sounds similar to a lot of what happens in professional sports today, where athletes take substances without knowing exactly what it in them.

 

Also, I kind of feel bad for her. No one should be boo'd at the Olympics, imo.

 

That's a great article and perspective. Thank you for sharing.

The author contends she's both a naive young person who made a careless decision to purchase supplements from GNC and someone calculating enough to take this specific Latvian heart medication up until it was put on the banned list. I can buy one but not both.

 

No question the media (and the rest of us) are feasting on the Rocky IV parallels and Cold War nostalgia, but I don't think if you strip that away she (or the Russian program) is saintly either.

To be fair, meldonium was legal prior to January 1st and she failed the test in March. It's entirely plausible she quit once it was declared illegal.

 

I told my swimmers this morning that I didn't think she was the villain that she was made out to be.

 

It made for a fun narrative and gave us something extra to root for. :lol2:

The author contends she's both a naive young person who made a careless decision to purchase supplements from GNC and someone calculating enough to take this specific Latvian heart medication up until it was put on the banned list. I can buy one but not both.

 

No question the media (and the rest of us) are feasting on the Rocky IV parallels and Cold War nostalgia, but I don't think if you strip that away she (or the Russian program) is saintly either.

 

I don't see why not. She is looking for legal supplements to take to give her an edge. Tons and tons of athletes do that. I think it's well documented that the Russian federation didn't give their athletes much guidance at all. Young girl in a foreign country assumes a reputable nutrition franchise sells supplements that are legal. She didn't contest it and didn't hide from what she did.

 

Then, she takes a perfectly legal, at the time substance, and stops when it becomes illegal. The substance stays in her body for two months.

 

If other swimmers, Russian federation, etc. are saying "you can take this because it's legal" and it's been checked out to be legal I'm not seeing the issue.

  • Author
Is handball the easiest Olympic sport?

 

They guys average 6'7'' to 6'9'' it seems. A group of us wouldn't stand a chance.

They guys average 6'7'' to 6'9'' it seems. A group of us wouldn't stand a chance.

 

Didn't know that. I was just thinking about the rules. Seems like anything goes as long as you dribble every now and then and stay out of the yuge crease. Not discounting any of the athletes' athleticism here either.

They gone...Venus couldn't make a shot and her defensive positioning on many balls was questionable to say the least.

 

Maybe just there for the party? Just asking.

Edited by OlDog75

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.