August 8, 201610 yr She's been sick with a virus. Reports are that she played at barely at 50%. Yeah I heard that afterwards, I watched the match with no sound and didn't realize she was sick until afterwards.
August 8, 201610 yr Yeah I heard that afterwards, I watched the match with no sound and didn't realize she was sick until afterwards. I didn't get to watch her or them play but they have said she looked horrible out there.
August 8, 201610 yr I didn't get to watch her or them play but they have said she looked horrible out there. Just out of position all day, which makes sense if she was sick. Didn't move well and was always trying to catch up with the ball IMO. Serena as always was a beast...most physically dominating player ever. I'd loved to have seen Serena, Everett and Navratilova all in their prime going at it...women's tennis would have been incredible.
August 8, 201610 yr Just out of position all day, which makes sense if she was sick. Didn't move well and was always trying to catch up with the ball IMO. Serena as always was a beast...most physically dominating player ever. I'd loved to have seen Serena, Everett and Navratilova all in their prime going at it...women's tennis would have been incredible. Along with Steffi Graf. Can you imagine a Grand Slam tournament semifinals with those four in it? I'd be all over that.
August 8, 201610 yr Is it bad I was rooting for Iraq last night against Brazil in soccer? I feel like I committed treason.
August 8, 201610 yr My other un-American post of the day. Michael Phelps - not a fan. Never have been. I root for him while he competes and you can make an argument for him as being the greatest Olympian ever, he is just difficult to listen to.
August 8, 201610 yr My other un-American post of the day. Michael Phelps - not a fan. Never have been. I root for him while he competes and you can make an argument for him as being the greatest Olympian ever, he is just difficult to listen to. Boo!!!!
August 8, 201610 yr Katie Ledecky and Leah Smith singing along with the national anthem as the receive their respective gold and bronze medals for the 400m freestyle. Just awesome. Love that moment every time. And Ledecky was amazing. If there were more long distance events, Ledecky would have a chance at racking up a serious medal count. Shame there's no 1,500 meter event in the Olympics as she's the world record holder and reigning world champion. For clarification, there is a men's 1500m just not a women's. Really stupid.
August 8, 201610 yr Tonight should be fun in the pool. I'm especially looking forward to the women's 100m breast. Lilly King vs Yulia Efimova -- these two do not like each other.
August 8, 201610 yr Is it bad I was rooting for Iraq last night against Brazil in soccer? I feel like I committed treason. I don't think so. Those are our Iraqis now. We've basically attempted to birth a democratic government into existence so I'm pulling for them. An Olympic medal might give those folks just a moment's rest from a pretty horrible day-to-day reality.
August 8, 201610 yr Am I the only one that LOVES our gymnastics uniforms? Why is a gymnast who finishes 3rd OVERALL in prelims not allowed to try to win the title when 21 other girls were worse in the prelims? It doesn't seem fair, why not get the best 24 in the finals instead of just top 2 from a team?
August 8, 201610 yr Tonight should be fun in the pool. I'm especially looking forward to the women's 100m breast. Lilly King vs Yulia Efimova -- these two do not like each other. King was blasting her in an interview. Hopefully she kills her.
August 8, 201610 yr Why is a gymnast who finishes 3rd OVERALL in prelims not allowed to try to win the title when 21 other girls were worse in the prelims? It doesn't seem fair, why not get the best 24 in the finals instead of just top 2 from a team? Yeah that seems pretty silly and she is the defending champ so it makes it worse.
August 8, 201610 yr Author My other un-American post of the day. Michael Phelps - not a fan. Never have been. I root for him while he competes and you can make an argument for him as being the greatest Olympian ever, he is just difficult to listen to. I don't toss out many thumbs down, but you get one sir!
August 8, 201610 yr Author Why is a gymnast who finishes 3rd OVERALL in prelims not allowed to try to win the title when 21 other girls were worse in the prelims? It doesn't seem fair, why not get the best 24 in the finals instead of just top 2 from a team? Yeah that seems pretty silly and she is the defending champ so it makes it worse. I feel worse for Laurie Hernandez, her teammate. She very much would have been in the All-Around final too if Team USA didn't give Gabby Douglas the shot instead. Very likely they would have had 4 in the All-Around Final.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.