Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

My other un-American post of the day. Michael Phelps - not a fan. Never have been. I root for him while he competes and you can make an argument for him as being the greatest Olympian ever, he is just difficult to listen to.

 

There is no argument. He is the greatest Olympian ever.

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no argument. He is the greatest Olympian ever.

 

If Usain Bolt sweeps the sprints again, I'm going to argue. Swimming is the easiest sport to get multiple medals in because they run about nine hundred different events.

 

There are only three sprints in track and Bolt has won all three each of the last two Olympics. If he does it again, I'm putting him ahead of Phelps.

 

Only other names I'd consider for that spot: Jesse Owens (four golds at the Nazi olympics in '36 including two world records; he won all three of those aforementioned sprints plus the long jump), the German rower (Brigit or some name like that) who won eight golds over six different Olympics from age 18 to 42 even though East Germany boycotted the 84 Games right in the prime of her career, and Carl Lewis (who's somewhat tainted by drug use issues).

Bugatti with Phelps envy.

If Usain Bolt sweeps the sprints again, I'm going to argue. Swimming is the easiest sport to get multiple medals in because they run about nine hundred different events.

 

There are only three sprints in track and Bolt has won all three each of the last two Olympics. If he does it again, I'm putting him ahead of Phelps.

 

Only other names I'd consider for that spot: Jesse Owens (four golds at the Nazi olympics in '36 including two world records; he won all three of those aforementioned sprints plus the long jump), the German rower (Brigit or some name like that) who won eight golds over six different Olympics from age 18 to 42 even though East Germany boycotted the 84 Games right in the prime of her career, and Carl Lewis (who's somewhat tainted by drug use issues).

I'm in this corner. And I can't wait.:ylsuper:

If Usain Bolt sweeps the sprints again, I'm going to argue. Swimming is the easiest sport to get multiple medals in because they run about nine hundred different events.

 

There are only three sprints in track and Bolt has won all three each of the last two Olympics. If he does it again, I'm putting him ahead of Phelps.

 

Only other names I'd consider for that spot: Jesse Owens (four golds in '36 including two world records; he won all three of those aforementioned sprints plus the long jump), the German rower (Brigit or some name like that) who won eight golds over six different Olympics from age 18 to 42 even though East Germany boycotted the 84 Games right in the prime of her career, and Carl Lewis (who's somewhat tainted by drug use issues).

 

Bolt is a beast, no question. I like watching him as much as Phelps.

 

He has been dominant for sure, but he doesn't have near the hardware. Bolt would be in the discussion, but he's not topping Phelps.

Bolt is a beast, no question. I like watching him as much as Phelps.

 

He has been dominant for sure, but he doesn't have near the hardware. Bolt would be in the discussion, but he's not topping Phelps.

It's the difference in swimming and sprints. It's akin to Bolt also having the 60m dash and the 120 meter dash and the 4X50 meter relay.

I'd like to see Bolt in the 400m. My favorite event.

Tonight should be fun in the pool. I'm especially looking forward to the women's 100m breast. Lilly King vs Yulia Efimova -- these two do not like each other.

 

Do we know why?

It's Bolt or Phelps IMO.

 

Of course, 8-12 years from now we may end up putting Ledecky in their as well. She's got a chance to rack up a ton of WR's and golds.

It's the difference in swimming and sprints. It's akin to Bolt also having the 60m dash and the 120 meter dash and the 4X50 meter relay.

 

Or even just the multiple strokes in swimming that multiply the medal numbers like crazy. Imagine if Bolt won the 100 meter dash on a Tuesday night then came back on Wednesday and ran in the 100 meter chicken run or something where you had to keep your arms tucked up behind your back.

Do we know why?

The other girl has failed two tests for PEDs and they are still letting her swim.

Do we know why?

 

Efimova has been busted for doping TWICE but somehow was cleared by IOC for competition. King is not happy she's allowed in the Olympic pool and she's been pretty vocal about it.

It's Bolt or Phelps IMO.

 

Of course, 8-12 years from now we may end up putting Ledecky in their as well. She's got a chance to rack up a ton of WR's and golds.

 

She's going to get hosed on the medal count too because there are so many more sprints than endurance swims and those long swims are her specialty.

Do we know why?

 

She's the Russian chick I think. She was banned for doping, but then reinstated just before the games. I believe King has been pretty vocal with her thoughts/feelings on the subject.

 

Here's a little bit of info into it....King Calls Out Russian Swimmer

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.