Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

Well maybe this guy should have just blew himself to kingdom come and we wouldn't have this gun debate.

I got plenty of guns to hunt with and do stuff with.

If I'm going to kill someone I will find something to do it with. Fun ban won't stop people from killing.

If this guy couldn't buy a gun from gun shop then he would have had some Radical Islamist give him one to use.

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The AR style is the gun that is used most in these scenarios. To ignore that is ludicrous. Recently the designer of the gun said in an interview with Bryant Gumbel it has no business for public sale.

 

I have purchased 2 houses: I had to wait 60 days on one and 70 on the other to close. There are plenty of examples in life where people have to exhibit patience.

 

What exactly makes a gun an AR style gun? The plastic stock? I can paint a big Mercedes Benz logo on the front of my civic, but at the end of the day it is still a civic.

Some of you brought up Israel (too lazy to go back and look) if more guns would help terrorist situations they would be the most armed nation in the world. Not so.

 

More guns ain't the answer. Stricter rules and more responsibility is a start. This terrorist should have never been able to purchase a gun or ammo legally. Could he have done it illegally? Sure, but it would not have been so easy and he took the chance of being caught.

 

I realize many of you don't want it to be tougher, but for the safety of the nation it needs to be.

 

Ha ha ha ha. That's a dream world and this ain't it. More rules, lol. Yeah, for the good guys, bad guys don't give two flips about your rules. I refuse to join the nation of sheep. What did you say? baaaa baaa.

I'm not sure why we are just naming random semi auto guns. I did say that yes. Maybe it's not 6 months. Maybe it's a week or 10 days. Any of amount of time could potentially help. So your answer is to do nothing then I take it? Evil is evil and that's that.

 

Do we know when he purchased the gun? Also, if they have to wait 10 days will that change the results of the FBI background check they perform? Or are you saying maybe the 10 days will allow the person to cool off?

What type of test?

Do all states require a test?

 

8 hours of classes regarding gun safety and laws. A shooting test and hands on instruction training to carry and shoot responsibly. Most states that allow carry have a training requirement.

Ha ha ha ha. That's a dream world and this ain't it. More rules, lol. Yeah, for the good guys, bad guys don't give two flips about your rules. I refuse to join the nation of sheep. What did you say? baaaa baaa.

 

A quick reminder to keep the insults to zero and keep the discussion civil. It's bad enough that Guru shutdown the politics forum. I'm not saying you're calling people names, but our wording needs to be careful and not be misconstrued as insults.

What you and Deuce and UK are saying is you support an AR ban. There is no reason to make someone wait 3 months to buy a .22LR.

 

None of us said anything even remotely close to that.

I'm not sure what your point is?

 

Your post that you would require a months long waiting period to purchase a weapon like a Ruger 22 plinking rifle. How does that make any sense?

"I would apply this to any semi automatic weapon. AR seems to be the weapon of choice in most of these attacks."

 

His words, not mine.

 

And that says NOTHING about banning any weapons.

What exactly makes a gun an AR style gun? The plastic stock? I can paint a big Mercedes Benz logo on the front of my civic, but at the end of the day it is still a civic.

 

I realize this has been the argument about this type of rifle: Trivialize what it actually is. If this rifle isn't significantly more powerful or fires at a higher rate then no one will miss it.

 

I realize a ban ain't happening, but there needs to be a few more questions asked when you are buying some of these guns. Any ole Joe Blo shouldn't be able to get one.

  • Author
8 hours of classes regarding gun safety and laws. A shooting test and hands on instruction training to carry and shoot responsibly. Most states that allow carry have a training requirement.

 

A quick Google search shows 28 states having a gun safety/training requirement.

Any ole Joe Blo shouldn't be able to get one.

 

I don't see the necessity in having one, but I don't condemn other people who do. But I don't think anybody (minus LEO's) should be able to walk into a gun store and leave same day with one, regardless of what tests they've taken.

And that says NOTHING about banning any weapons.

 

I stand corrected on the Banning portion. I did not read thoroughlly. That said, is there a legitimate reason to impose a waiting period for a 22 plinker?

Do we know when he purchased the gun? Also, if they have to wait 10 days will that change the results of the FBI background check they perform? Or are you saying maybe the 10 days will allow the person to cool off?

The week prior is what I read. It certainly would allow for more time for a more extensive check. It's possible he could rethink in that period of time sure. I also said it's possible he will go and steal one and do it anyway. The point is doing nothing isn't helping. I'm not trying to take anyone's guns away. I own an AR-15. I literally have no reason at all to have a gun like that. I get that you guys are saying, but there are simple things we could do that could provide at least a little bit of protection. It shouldn't be as easy as it was for him. I would like my child to grow up in a world where you don't have to carry a gun to be safe. It seems like most of you want to continue down the path we are currently on and it's not a good one.

 

 

Everyone can just skip the last 90 posts if you want to miss the gun debate. :lol2: Sorry I brought it up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.