Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

Absolutely with the group with their guns in that scenario.

 

But we aren't talking about a store. We are taking about a bar/club. Not remotely comparable.

 

Actually, most clubs and restaurants have store rooms where they keep inventory, cleaning products etc...I was talking about such a place. Not a convenience store, so, pretty comparable...

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing to me that only 100 or 103 were shot if this guy had 3 hours.

Actually, most clubs and restaurants have store rooms where they keep inventory, cleaning products etc...I was talking about such a place. Not a convenience store, so, pretty comparable...

 

Oh gotcha, my bad for misunderstanding.

 

I'd be thrilled just to find the store room in a bar that had 200-300 people in it, and be able to get to it at all with all the chaos.

Some of you brought up Israel (too lazy to go back and look) if more guns would help terrorist situations they would be the most armed nation in the world. Not so.

 

More guns ain't the answer. Stricter rules and more responsibility is a start. This terrorist should have never been able to purchase a gun or ammo legally. Could he have done it illegally? Sure, but it would not have been so easy and he took the chance of being caught.

 

I realize many of you don't want it to be tougher, but for the safety of the nation it needs to be.

Oh gotcha, my bad for misunderstanding.

 

I'd be thrilled just to find the store room in a bar that had 200-300 people in it, and be able to get to it at all with all the chaos.

 

Yes, but which room would you choose? The one with the CCW folks who are packing, or the one with the dust mops and windex?

Yes, but which room would you choose? The one with the CCW folks who are packing, or the one with the dust mops and windex?

 

Be happy if I could find either in this scenario. 300 people trying to find the storage room, gonna be hard to be one of the winners. But to answer your question, I'd be lying if I said the room with the mops and windex.

 

Doesn't change that I don't think guns should be in bars/clubs.

Some of you brought up Israel (too lazy to go back and look) if more guns would help terrorist situations they would be the most armed nation in the world. Not so.

 

More guns ain't the answer. Stricter rules and more responsibility is a start. This terrorist should have never been able to purchase a gun or ammo legally. Could he have done it illegally? Sure, but it would not have been so easy and he took the chance of being caught.

 

I realize many of you don't want it to be tougher, but for the safety of the nation it needs to be.

 

Guns aren't the issue...Terrorism is.

Anyone seeing reports that this cat wasn't overly religious and that he had a history with steroids, homophobia, known to have a heart full of hate and his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend believes he was bipolar?

Be happy if I could find either in this scenario. 300 people trying to find the storage room, gonna be hard to be one of the winners. But to answer your question, I'd be lying if I said the room with the mops and windex.

 

Doesn't change that I don't think guns should be in bars/clubs.

 

But it does bolster the argument that in that situation, you feel you would be safer if some of the patrons were carrying. Just saying...

Some of you brought up Israel (too lazy to go back and look) if more guns would help terrorist situations they would be the most armed nation in the world. Not so.

 

More guns ain't the answer. Stricter rules and more responsibility is a start. This terrorist should have never been able to purchase a gun or ammo legally. Could he have done it illegally? Sure, but it would not have been so easy and he took the chance of being caught.

 

I realize many of you don't want it to be tougher, but for the safety of the nation it needs to be.

 

Agreed, I'm not an anti-gun person by any means. There is no reason you can go purchase an AR and get it same day with his background or anyone else for that matter. There should be a period of time (3 months, 6 months) that you have to wait to get it. Other than I want it because I can, there is no reason you need access to a weapon like that. It's not going to fix the problem completely. Nothing will...

  • Author
Is it true that even had this shooter been known to be on ISIS websites and had been put on the no fly list that the govt could not preclude him from buying a gun?

 

Guru has said we can talk gun control legislation so....

 

I saw this tweet in response to a Senator who sent out condolences. Surely we can all agree that if a person is suspected of terrorism that the law can forbid him/her from being allowed to buy a guy, right?

 

igorvolsky ‏@igorvolsky

igorvolsky Retweeted Senator Thom Tillis

.@SenThomTillis got $2,459,881 in expenditures from @NRA & voted against making it harder for terrorists to get guns

Guru has said we can talk gun control legislation so....

 

I saw this tweet in response to a Senator who sent out condolences. Surely we can all agree that if a person is suspected of terrorism that the law can forbid him/her from being allowed to buy a guy, right?

 

igorvolsky ‏@igorvolsky

igorvolsky Retweeted Senator Thom Tillis

.@SenThomTillis got $2,459,881 in expenditures from @NRA & voted against making it harder for terrorists to get guns

Some of the blame has to be placed on the public as well. We keep voting these scumbags into office. Truly disturbing.

 

The NRA Gave These Senators Millions To Block Gun Laws

 

The NRA Gave These 9 Senators Over $22 Million To Vote Down Gun Laws (CHART)

Anyone seeing reports that this cat wasn't overly religious and that he had a history with steroids, homophobia, known to have a heart full of hate and his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend believes he was bipolar?

 

Because they want to downplay it. His father was anti-american and anti-homosexual. His religious upbringing did have something to do with it.

 

Orlando shooting gunman Omar Mateen father Seddique Mateen a Taliban supporter says God will punish gays - CBS News

Agreed, I'm not an anti-gun person by any means. There is no reason you can go purchase an AR and get it same day with his background or anyone else for that matter. There should be a period of time (3 months, 6 months) that you have to wait to get it. Other than I want it because I can, there is no reason you need access to a weapon like that. It's not going to fix the problem completely. Nothing will...

 

Are you saying that I, a law abiding citizen, should have to wait months to be able to purchase an AR-15 or similar rifle?

Are you saying that I, a law abiding citizen, should have to wait months to be able to purchase an AR-15 or similar rifle?

That is correct, yes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.