Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

Joe Bob that is packing heat at Holy Grail is NOT equipped to take out a terrorist in a crowed bar or night club. That's fantasy land IMO. I think you are giving the general public way too much credit to be calm and able to handle a situation they likely have zero training or experience in.

 

But would you agree that he is more prepared to "take out" a terrorist than someone who is unarmed?

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll answer your question, after you answer mine.

 

What percentage of patrons at the Holy Grail will be packing prior to the soldout Reds game on June 25th?

 

:lol2: .....OK then...You'll never get an accurate answer to your % question...you could statistically poll the entire establishment and people who are packing will not divulge they are. Element of surprise is what it is. Folks who carry don't want you to know they are.

 

Just like the air marshal doesn't want you to know who they are. So since I cannot provide an accurate figure are you excluding yourself from offering your solution/s?

 

Clearly you don't agree with my "plenty to return fire" response and I'm OK with that. Dialogue is healthy and please excuse my solution driven mind.

So we arm the Bars/night clubs... at what point do we stop? Do you arm Olive Garden or Wild Wings too? Have we been to Holy Grail, Tin Roof, Jefferson Social, etc. on a Friday or Saturday night? You don't have to be inside to do serious damage with an AR.

This might be a topic for another thread, but over the past 8-10 years we have seen what looks like a drastic increase in mass shootings. What is the reason for this? I know some people call for more gun control, but it's not like the US has lessened or lifted gun regulations during that time period. If anything, gun regulations have become more stringent and monitored today than they have in our recent past (lets say 40-50 years).

 

I am just looking for alternative explanations for why we are seeing such an abundance of mass shootings today, as opposed to previous decades, when it seems as if gun regulations have either held at a relatively similar level, or increased.

 

I guess my point is that, yeah if we had decreased gun regulations over the past 10 years, and that led to the increase in mass shootings then I would understand the call to increase regulations. But because that is not the case, there has to be some other factor that has influenced the increase in these shootings. I guess the million dollar question is what is that factor.

So we arm the Bars/night clubs... at what point do we stop? Do you arm Olive Garden or Wild Wings too? Have we been to Holy Grail, Tin Roof, Jefferson Social, etc. on a Friday or Saturday night? You don't have to be inside to do serious damage with an AR.

 

Not being armed is not the answer. Why don't you just line up and wait for your bullet to the head. It stops when bad guys decide to stop taking unarmed lives, that's when. Until then people who are not planning to commit murder need to be the front line and only reasonable deterrent. With the recent influx of allowing radical Islam to permeate into our society and not people who want to assimilate we will have to be prepared to defend our lives worth force from a predator who does not like us or our country. They will use force, what will you have is do scream don't shoot? Trained to handle this situation or not at least I can fight to my death rather than be a sheep to the slaughter.

As I've often said.

 

If you're hearing voices that are telling you to shoot at a bunch of human beings - do us a favor and take one for the team.

Joe Bob that is packing heat at Holy Grail is NOT equipped to take out a terrorist in a crowed bar or night club. That's fantasy land IMO. I think you are giving the general public way too much credit to be calm and able to handle a situation they likely have zero training or experience in.

 

This. Some here think that just because someone has a license to carry a gun means that person is skilled enough to end one of these situations before it gets out of hand. 1.) I would say there is a TINY percentage of those people who would actually step in and fire their weapon in that situation, and 2.) you have no idea of knowing how skilled the terrorist is, so you might be over matched even with your weapon.

 

I have a gun and carry, but I agree with HT, you live in Fantasy Land if you think most people have the ability to end that situation on their own.

This. Some here think that just because someone has a license to carry a gun means that person is skilled enough to end one of these situations before it gets out of hand. 1.) I would say there is a TINY percentage of those people who would actually step in and fire their weapon in that situation, and 2.) you have no idea of knowing how skilled the terrorist is, so you might be over matched even with your weapon.

 

I have a gun and carry, but I agree with HT, you live in Fantasy Land if you think most people have the ability to end that situation on their own.

 

And in addition, I would say a person (or persons) with a gun who aren't trained potentially make the situation worse rather than better. Arming everyone isn't the answer, and I can't imagine living life where everyone is strapped all the time.

I'll answer your question, after you answer mine.

 

What percentage of patrons at the Holy Grail will be packing prior to the soldout Reds game on June 25th?

 

:lol2: .....OK then...You'll never get an accurate answer to your % question...you could statistically poll the entire establishment and people who are packing will not divulge they are. Element of surprise is what it is. Folks who carry don't want you to know they are.

 

Just like the air marshal doesn't want you to know who they are. So since I cannot provide an accurate figure are you excluding yourself from offering your solution/s?

 

Clearly you don't agree with my "plenty to return fire" response and I'm OK with that. Dialogue is healthy and please excuse my solution driven mind.

 

I know I'll never get a real statistic from the patrons at Holy Grail. That's not what I'm asking for.

 

I'm asking for your estimate on how many patrons would be packing at the Holy Grail that day, because you believe there would be plenty. While I believe there won't be hardly any at all, if there is even one. And on that day, anyone could easily have a repeat of Orlando.

 

I am excluding myself from answering my question, because you still haven't answered mine lol.

 

I know I'll never get a real statistic from the patrons at Holy Grail. That's not what I'm asking for.

 

I'm asking for your estimate on how many patrons would be packing at the Holy Grail that day. Because you believe that plenty would be.

 

I am excluding myself from answering my question, because you still haven't answered mine lol.

 

1/20 (5% for the mathematically challenged). Taking into consideration that it is still illegal to take a gun into a bar, I would imagine that this percentage would increase if it became legal.

 

Assuming that on busy nights there are 200+ people there, I would feel better if I knew that at least 10 people in the bar legally had a concealed weapon with them. By legally I mean had a CCDW and were not intoxicated.

 

1/20 (5% for the mathematically challenged). Taking into consideration that it is still illegal to take a gun into a bar, I would imagine that this percentage would increase if it became legal.

 

Assuming that on busy nights there are 200+ people there, I would feel better if I knew that at least 10 people in the bar legally had a concealed weapon with them. By legally I mean had a CCDW and were not intoxicated.

 

Seems pretty high for the day/time and establishment that I gave. I'd think the vast majority at Holy Grail before the sellout game on June 25th, will also be attending the game, which they won't be able to get in with their gun because of metal detectors. Guess they'll go back to their car before heading to the game.

Seems pretty high for the day/time and establishment that I gave. I'd think the vast majority at Holy Grail before the sellout game on June 25th, will also be attending the game, which they won't be able to get in with their gun because of metal detectors. Guess they'll go back to their car before heading to the game.

 

So now that you question has been answered, do you have any solutions?

Call me crazy, but I feel a whole lot safer going someone on the Banks now, then I would if "plenty" of people were carrying. I'll start enjoying my adult beverages at home.

 

And I say that being all for people owning their guns. Just shouldn't be bringing them to the bars.

So now that you question has been answered, do you have any solutions?

 

I'll wait for Content, but I do appreciate that you answered.

Call me crazy, but I feel a whole lot safer going someone on the Banks now, then I would if "plenty" of people were carrying. I'll start enjoying my adult beverages at home.

 

And I say that being all for people owning their guns. Just shouldn't be bringing them to the bars.

 

How would you define plenty?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.