Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

Is anything thing going to stop them from happening?

 

Unfortunately, I don't think so.

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A good guy with a gun could save lives, do you want a situation with a psychopath having time to round people up, or do you want someone with say two 15 round Glock 19 mags sending bullets back at them?

 

When you can guarantee everyone who carries has the proper training to take down a terrorist like that, I'm 100% on board with you.

 

You can't, and never will be able to. Again, I own a gun and carry, but more guns in a bad situation is not always the answer.

The Colorado theater shooter drove past 2 local theaters to go to one that was gun free. None of these mass shooters want a gun fight, they are all cowards.

 

A person Taking a gun into a crowded place hoping to kill many people usually ends up with that person dying. In the case you mention above, the shooter survived. And there has been no proof that Holmes chose that theater because it was gun free. Nowhere in his highly detailed notes planning the crime did he mention the theater was a gun free zone. in none of the mass shootings that have occurred, there has never been any known evidence of shooters choosing their targets simply because they are gun free zones.

There are numerous examples of where a person with a CCDW prevented a crime and multiple people being hurt. See the youtube video below for one example

 

 

Thanks for sharing.

 

I have a lot more faith in a average Joe CCW holder stopping a gas station/bank robbery than I do stopping a terrorist wielding an AK in an establishment with 200-300 people, especially with the lighting in bars/clubs and all the chaos. I just don't believe the average CCW holder is equipped to handle that type of situation.

I just don't believe the average CCW holder is equipped to handle that type of situation.

 

I think this is where the disagreement between the two sides lies. I'm with you, MJ. I don't think your average person is capable of "controlling" a situation like this. Sure there are going to be a few people that can, but are they your "average" person carrying?

Thanks for sharing.

 

I have a lot more faith in a average Joe CCW holder stopping a gas station/bank robbery than I do stopping a terrorist wielding an AK in an establishment with 200-300 people, especially with the lighting in bars/clubs and all the chaos. I just don't believe the average CCW holder is equipped to handle that type of situation.

 

Every situation is fluid and completely different with crowds, cover, line of sight, mobility and firepower. You may not be able to be a factor in them all. I like to have the option and I'll take my chances over being totally defenseless. We could go back to the old days when places were divided by smoking and non smoking. People who carry promise not to come into the non-carry side to help unless asked.

When you can guarantee everyone who carries has the proper training to take down a terrorist like that' date=' I'm 100% on board with you. You can't, and never will be able to. Again, I own a gun and carry, but more guns in a bad situation is not always the answer.[/quote']

 

You can't guarantee me that you won't be in an establishment with a CCW guy who has training. I'm some random dude on BGP but I shoot GSSF, 3 gun and IDPA matches. There are thousands of people like me who do the same. What's to say we couldn't help a situation vs Officer random who takes his gun out once a year to qualify?

 

Google all the stories of CCW people stopping or helping saving lives there are plenty. Also, as I posted earlier these cowards don't go into the establishments I posted earlier, they don't want to encounter anyone who could stop them.

There are numerous examples of where a person with a CCDW prevented a crime and multiple people being hurt. See the youtube video below for one example

 

 

There absolutely are many instances of someone with a CCW preventing crimes. I'm not real sure that the video you posted is a great example though, as the robber was leaving the building and the robbery was basically over when the good guy pulled and shot. Had the crook returned fire, many lives would have been in danger.

 

Also, this is was different than facing a well armed terrorist in a crowded, not well lit room.

Thanks for sharing.

 

I have a lot more faith in a average Joe CCW holder stopping a gas station/bank robbery than I do stopping a terrorist wielding an AK in an establishment with 200-300 people, especially with the lighting in bars/clubs and all the chaos. I just don't believe the average CCW holder is equipped to handle that type of situation.

 

True, but the average CCW holder still stand a better chance of taking out a shooter than does the guy holding a broken beer bottle. Given the choice, would you rather be holed up in a store room with a few guys or gals carrying their Glocks, or with the group hiding behind a dust mop, holding nothing but a can of window cleaner?

And you have the right not too. But the ordinary guy or gal with a ccw is not a threat to you at all. So those who choose to be defenseless victims in society should not feel the need to make everyone defenseless. You can choose your path. It's what makes America great. Good people with guns don't scare me. The terrorist or the kid with an illegal gun in his pocket that will shoot you for your wallet or phone does worry me somewhat.

 

Good guys with CCW's do not scare me either. An untrained, yahoo with a CCW who thinks his gun makes him a tough guy does scare me a little. Me choosing not to carry doesn't make me a defenseless victim, or a lesser of a person either.

Me choosing not to carry doesn't make me a defenseless victim, or a lesser of a person either.

 

That's what I've never understood. Those who carry for some reason feel like they're superior to those who choose not to.

Given the choice, would you rather be holed up in a store room with a few guys or gals carrying their Glocks, or with the group hiding behind a dust mop, holding nothing but a can of window cleaner?

 

Absolutely with the group with their guns in that scenario.

 

But we aren't talking about a store. We are taking about a bar/club. Not remotely comparable.

Good guys with CCW's do not scare me either. An untrained, yahoo with a CCW who thinks his gun makes him a tough guy does scare me a little. Me choosing not to carry doesn't make me a defenseless victim, or a lesser of a person either.

 

No it doesn't. It's like those who serve us in the military, they believe in something and deserve our up most respect. They are willing to die for you. I chose not to serve. Didn't make me a bad guy. You choosing not to does not make you one either. Not everyone who carries does so for the right reason. I'll admit that. We just should be careful not prejudge a person that does, they may have enough skill to save your life or die trying. Most people that carry are not trying to be heroes. Like I said praying to never be in that situation. But I'm willing to fight for you and me in a life or death situation when there is no escape.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.