Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

How would you define plenty?

 

That's what I was hoping Content would answer for us and why I asked my question to him lol.

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These threads always turn on their heads and the people who want to defend themselves against evil badguys get painted as part of the problem. Nothing could be father from the truth. If you want to throw apples at a guy with a gun don't worry, just proclaim your wishes if you are ever in that situation. Those that carry will wait till you get the demise of your choice and then they will defend themselves and family. But don't you dare depend on those who are willing to defend themselves to defend you if you despise them as much as the badguys. People that carry are not part of the problem. People that want to do nothing are !

That's what I was hoping Content would answer for us and why I asked my question to him lol.

 

Plenty is a subjective term. Not everyone is going to have the same understanding of what is or isn't considered plenty, which is why I asked what you understanding of the word plenty was.

Plenty is a subjective term. Not everyone is going to have the same understanding of what is or isn't considered plenty, which is why I asked what you understanding of the word plenty was.

@HHSHOG62, I completely agree with you. Take your post and direct it towards @Content1 lol. I'm not sure why you're questioning me on the term "plenty". This was what I was trying to get from him.

 

You and I are on the same page with "plenty", which is why I asked the question I asked. Content was saying "plenty" would be carrying, so I gave him a real life scenario in less than two weeks and was curious what his plenty would amount to.

@HHSHOG62, I completely agree with you. Take your post and direct it towards @Content1 lol. I'm not sure why you're questioning me on the term "plenty". This was what I was trying to get from him/her.

 

You and I are on the same page with "plenty", which is why I asked the question I asked.

 

Because i am trying to get an idea of what you would consider as a possible solution to the problem, but you seem caught up and defining what that word means. I am not sure why that is a prerequisite to you giving a possible solution.

These threads always turn on their heads and the people who want to defend themselves against evil badguys get painted as part of the problem. Nothing could be father from the truth. If you want to throw apples at a guy with a gun don't worry, just proclaim your wishes if you are ever in that situation. Those that carry will wait till you get the demise of your choice and then they will defend themselves and family. But don't you dare depend on those who are willing to defend themselves to defend you if you despise them as much as the badguys. People that carry are not part of the problem. People that want to do nothing are !

 

The problem is also that some people who carry have an over-inflated opinion of their shooting skills. Standing at a gun range shooting at a paper target that isn't shooting back at you is much different than the situations we are talking about. (Duh)

 

Nobody despises anybody who carries, but let's not get out of hand assuming we are going to be the hero and save everyone just because we are packing.

Because i am trying to get an idea of what you would consider as a possible solution to the problem, but you seem caught up and defining what that word means. I am not sure why that is a prerequisite to you giving a possible solution.

 

Why should I directly answer someone else's question to me, if they wouldn't a question I posed to them first and danced around it? So, I'll wait and give my response then.

 

I'm not the only one that doesn't think Content's idea is plausible. It's not realistic to think that any (let's say decent sized establishment) can hire enough security guards equipped with the training and skills to take out a terrorist. If that was realistic, then me and a few of you guys should really start a new company and get rich, really quick.

The problem is also that some people who carry have an over-inflated opinion of their shooting skills. Standing at a gun range shooting at a paper target that isn't shooting back at you is much different than the situations we are talking about. (Duh)

 

Nobody despises anybody who carries, but let's not get out of hand assuming we are going to be the hero and save everyone just because we are packing.

 

Most people who carry pray to GOD that it never has to leave the holster in public. If it does trained or not its it's better than apples. Somebody said it could make a active shooter situation worse. If the badguys are just killing people randomly, how does it get any worse?

Edited by Fear the Nation

Most people who carry pray to GOD that it never has to leave the holster in public. If it does trained or not its it's better than apples. Somebody daid it could make a active shooter situation worse. If the badguys are just killing people randomly, how does it get any worse?

 

The carrying citizen accidentally hits innocent victims instead of the bad guy? I'll also add I don't think anyone is questioning that person's motives. It's heroic to attempt to stop a situation like this, but just because someone is carrying, doesn't mean they're going to improve the situation.

 

I have no issue with people carrying, but I don't think we need to try and arm everyone and their brother in every situation.

 

I agree with HT and MJ. I'm not in favor at all of people carrying where they'll be consuming alcohol. That would be a bad mix IMO.

Why should I directly answer someone else's question to me, if they wouldn't a question I posed to them first and danced around it? So, I'll wait and give my response then.

 

I'm not the only one that doesn't think Content's idea is plausible. It's not realistic to think that any (let's say decent sized establishment) can hire enough security guards equipped with the training and skills to take out a terrorist. If that was realistic, then me and a few of you guys should really start a new company and get rich, really quick.

 

Is it unrealistic because it wouldn't prevent a shooter from killing more people, or is it unrealistic because it would be an extremely expensive service, that would ideally never be utilized? I think it is the cost of having a highly trained/ skilled guard on site, of a location that is technically a "gun free zone" is what prevents most bars from doing this. The sign says the establishment is gun free, so why would anyone with a gun go in there, right? Why pay for excessive guards when a sign keeps all the guns out?

 

The way you circumvent the high cost of having security guards, is to remove bars from the gun free zone list, thus enabling the ability to legally have a gun in the bar.

If the badguys are just killing people randomly, how does it get any worse?

 

Really? Because then you have the bad guy killing people, and the "good guy" firing bullets across a room killing more innocent people.

The carrying citizen accidentally hits innocent victims instead of the bad guy?

 

I have no issue with people carrying, but I don't think we need to try and arm everyone and their brother in every situation.

 

I agree with HT and MJ. I'm not in favor at all of people carrying where they'll be consuming alcohol. That would be a bad mix IMO.

 

Why is it always that either no one is armed, or that everyone and their brother is armed? Isn't there an in-between?

Most people who carry pray to GOD that it never has to leave the holster in public. If it does trained or not its it's better than apples. Somebody daid it could make a active shooter situation worse. If the badguys are just killing people randomly, how does it get any worse?

 

What happens when that guy misses and through the investigation we find that he misses and takes out 2-3 additional civilians?

 

It all sounds good, but I'm not very confident that the average CCD holder is going to have the skill/ability and calmness to properly handle that situation.

How many mass shootings happen at a Bass Pro/Cabelas, NRA meetings, gun stores, gun shows, police stations?

 

How many mass shootings happen at schools, movie theaters, colleges and gun free businesses?

 

Billy Bob with his gun must have some type of effect.

Is it unrealistic because it wouldn't prevent a shooter from killing more people, or is it unrealistic because it would be an extremely expensive service, that would ideally never be utilized? I think it is the cost of having a highly trained/ skilled guard on site, of a location that is technically a "gun free zone" is what prevents most bars from doing this. The sign says the establishment is gun free, so why would anyone with a gun go in there, right? Why pay for excessive guards when a sign keeps all the guns out?

 

The way you circumvent the high cost of having security guards, is to remove bars from the gun free zone list, thus enabling the ability to legally have a gun in the bar.

 

Mixing guns and alcohol is a terrible idea.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.