Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

The fact that the FBI interviewed this guy three separate times tells me there must've been serious concern. Wonder if the FBI will review their procedures?

 

That is terrifying that trained federal agents who thought something was up couldn't find it.

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is terrifying that trained federal agents who thought something was up couldn't find it.

Or weren't allowed to based on current rules and laws. I just think in some cases our freedom which we all love makes it difficult to stop situations like this. I am not calling for losing any freedoms, it's just a price we have to pay to have the freedoms that we enjoy in this country.

You are so right @capt278

 

I would love to see a division of Homeland Security that was tasked with working with Israeli Special Forces.

 

I agree with you Ru...if we are not working closely with ISF now, we should be... but MOST of the lone wolf guys are impossible to know about. It sounds like there were a lot of red flags out there with this guy though. In Israel last week, a couple of guys went into an outside eating area and killed some people. I just see no way to stop it...

The fact that the FBI interviewed this guy three separate times tells me there must've been serious concern. Wonder if the FBI will review their procedures?

 

A related question is what do about 'pre-crime'. As in The Minority Report.

Or weren't allowed to based on current rules and laws. I just think in some cases our freedom which we all love makes it difficult to stop situations like this. I am not calling for losing any freedoms, it's just a price we have to pay to have the freedoms that we enjoy in this country.

 

Therein lies the rub. I am and was a huge fan of the Patriot Act. I was a fan of the data mining.

 

I have ZERO, to hide. Look at everything I have. I don't care. See, that's it, they won't be looking for me as I don't Google radical Islamist sites. I don't Google how to make bombs, etc.

 

We may just have to get used to things be a little different to stop these attacks. Ask any of those that lost loved ones, I would bet they would have been willing for things to be a little different and their loved ones still be alive.

Trump says this proves that Muslims should be banned from entering.

 

Shooter was born in the U.S.

 

Your Talking politics.

 

Actually his parents are immigrants from Afghanistan and if they were not allowed in then maybe this don't happen.

Can we call this radical Islam?

So very sad, prayers for the families, friends and community.

Kind of disturbing isn't it? On the FBI's radar? And he was somehow able to keep or obtain firearms? And be working in the security field?

 

I really hope that this is looked into deeply, did the Fed's drop the ball on this? I'm sure people would want to know how someone on the radar can do such a thing.

 

Legally or illegally it's not hard to obtain firearms.

Trump says this proves that Muslims should be banned from entering.

 

Shooter was born in the U.S.

 

His father was .... strange at best. But the father was pro-Taliban and Anti-American.

 

Though the current practices recognize jus soli as adequate for acquiring citizenship status. That would not preclude the son from holding Afghani citizenship.

 

I realize you only pointed out he was born here. I will bet he will be held up as an 'American' when he may be an 'Afghani-American' and holding or at least eligible for dual citizenship.

 

If his parents were not naturalized at the time of his birth he would be the most notorious 'anchor-baby' so far.

 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/father-omar-mateen-hosts-bizarre-anti-us-talk-show-article-1.2670939

 

The fathers youtube channel:

 

Seddique Mateen

- YouTube

 

Most countries do not allow jus soli-only-based citizenship. It is considered that 'natural' citizenship is derived from ones parentage and specifically ones father. This guy may have considered himself a 'patriot' - of Afghanistan - since his father clearly viewed himself as Afghani and not American.

Trump says this proves that Muslims should be banned from entering.

 

Shooter was born in the U.S.

 

Parents were known Taliban supporters.

His father was .... strange at best. But the father was pro-Taliban and Anti-American.

 

Though the current practices recognize jus soli as adequate for acquiring citizenship status. That would not preclude the son from holding Afghani citizenship.

 

I realize you only pointed out he was born here. I will bet he will be held up as an 'American' when he may be an 'Afghani-American' and holding or at least eligible for dual citizenship.

 

If his parents were not naturalized at the time of his birth he would be the most notorious 'anchor-baby' so far.

 

Father of Omar Mateen hosted bizarre, anti-U.S. talk show - NY Daily News

 

The fathers youtube channel:

 

Seddique Mateen

- YouTube

 

Most countries do not allow jus soli-only-based citizenship. It is considered that 'natural' citizenship is derived from ones parentage and specifically ones father. This guy may have considered himself a 'patriot' - of Afghanistan - since his father clearly viewed himself as Afghani and not American.

 

Can I like this 20 times?

Therein lies the rub. I am and was a huge fan of the Patriot Act. I was a fan of the data mining.

 

I have ZERO, to hide. Look at everything I have. I don't care. See, that's it, they won't be looking for me as I don't Google radical Islamist sites. I don't Google how to make bombs, etc.

 

We may just have to get used to things be a little different to stop these attacks. Ask any of those that lost loved ones, I would bet they would have been willing for things to be a little different and their loved ones still be alive.

 

I have deep issues with this, simply from the standpoint of it makes us a different "America" than how the experiment was intended by the Founding Fathers.

 

By the same token I'm totally down with it. That leaves me deeply conflicted.

I have deep issues with this, simply from the standpoint of it makes us a different "America" than how the experiment was intended by the Founding Fathers.

 

By the same token I'm totally down with it. That leaves me deeply conflicted.

 

I completely agree with you on this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.