Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

After giving this "atrocity" more thought over the course of today one solution I keep coming back to is a greater security presence.

 

One or two armed plain clothes officers or other trained professionals would have assuredly prevented greater loss of life and may have ended this event before it started.

 

Soft targets will have to consider and implement necessary security based on size of venue and anticipated number of patrons. If I'm a business owner I have no problem paying an additional $200-400 for 1-2 off duty officers to be present at my establishment.

 

Am I off base here...seems practical and a very good deterrent!

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freedom of speech, you can't arrest someone for bad thoughts. They can live here and support isis or any other crazy group without being arrested, as long as they don't act on those beliefs.

 

Extremely hard to stop a radicalized lone wolf.

After giving this "atrocity" more thought over the course of today one solution I keep coming back to is a greater security presence.

 

One or two armed plain clothes officers or other trained professionals would have assuredly prevented greater loss of life and may have ended this event before it started.

 

Soft targets will have to consider and implement necessary security based on size of venue and anticipated number of patrons. If I'm a business owner I have no problem paying an additional $200-400 for 1-2 off duty officers to be present at my establishment.

 

Am I off base here...seems practical and a very good deterrent!

 

Makes sense but then the bad guys move down to the next largest soft target.

 

You have to go get the bad guys.

After giving this "atrocity" more thought over the course of today one solution I keep coming back to is a greater security presence.

 

One or two armed plain clothes officers or other trained professionals would have assuredly prevented greater loss of life and may have ended this event before it started.

 

Soft targets will have to consider and implement necessary security based on size of venue and anticipated number of patrons. If I'm a business owner I have no problem paying an additional $200-400 for 1-2 off duty officers to be present at my establishment.

 

Am I off base here...seems practical and a very good deterrent!

 

I guess that would deter it, but you could have 50 dead at any bar at the Banks on a Saturday night. Most bars in OTR. Any church on Sunday.

 

All of them going to pay two have extra security guards trained to handle a terrorist mass shooting? Almost seems implausible.

I guess that would deter it, but you could have 50 dead at any bar at the Banks on a Saturday night. Most bars in OTR. Any church on Sunday.

 

All of them going to pay two have extra security guards trained to handle a terrorist mass shooting? Almost seems implausible.

 

Inform innocents to get down, locate target, aim, and shoot...you'll be surprised how many people can handle that responsibility. More plausible than you think! But hey I'm a glass half full type guy...

I guess that would deter it, but you could have 50 dead at any bar at the Banks on a Saturday night. Most bars in OTR. Any church on Sunday.

 

All of them going to pay two have extra security guards trained to handle a terrorist mass shooting? Almost seems implausible.

 

That's why the right to carry is so important. Noone is going to save you but you. First responders will be 10 min too late.

Shooter worked for G4S from reports. Firm is a mega-outsourcer of security activity.

 

Depending on his role he may have gotten formal weapons and tactics training with this employer.

I guess that would deter it, but you could have 50 dead at any bar at the Banks on a Saturday night. Most bars in OTR. Any church on Sunday.

 

All of them going to pay two have extra security guards trained to handle a terrorist mass shooting? Almost seems implausible.

 

That's why the right to carry is so important. Noone is going to save you but you. First responders will be 10 min too late.

Makes sense but then the bad guys move down to the next largest soft target.

 

You have to go get the bad guys.

 

I agree but there has to be some meet in the middle by shoring up defense. Within reason I'm comfortable with more offense. I'm a firm believer this guy should have been put a list preventing him from buying guns legally after his prior "run ins" with other terrorists...

 

I also realize he could have purchased guns illegally. But again the more deterrents the better!

Inform innocents to get down, locate target, aim, and shoot...you'll be surprised how many people can handle that responsibility. More plausible than you think! But hey I'm a glass half full type guy...

 

IMO a very very small % of the population could properly handle that situation.

If I'm a business owner I have no problem paying an additional $200-400 for 1-2 off duty officers to be present at my establishment.

 

Am I off base here...seems practical and a very good deterrent!

 

Agreed, and no you are not off base.

 

An off duty officer is going to cost you $35-37 per hour, that is the rate for off duty Cincy PD officers.

 

There are too many places that are soft targets that the police won't be able to be everywhere, so many places will need to realize that they need the proper security. BUT, most places don't see the need for armed security, it's the "there hasn't been an issue here, so why do I need to pay for security?"

 

Also, many if not most night clubs only want to hire bouncer type people who have no idea how to do the job correctly, they want to hire 6'6" 400lbs guys to show muscle/strength, but look at such groups of people as the Secret Service, or military personnel, they are almost always what one may consider normal size.

This is not an attack against just the gay community. This is an attack against every freedom and liberty that American has. Radical Islam will eventually come against everything that is contrary to the principles of Sharia law. They could try to come against women who are either not wearing hijabs or not acting submissive to their husbands. They will attack Christians and Jews in this country. They could kill you just for eating a pork sandwich and drinking a beer. I am very concerned for the future of my children and grandchildren. I apologize for being blunt, but I'm upset and saddened for all the victims so far (and those to come).

IMO a very very small % of the population could properly handle that situation.

 

And the rest think they're Rambo. That's always been an issue with me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.