Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

Maybe there is a coyote problem on my land. Maybe my current rifle is broken and I want another. Maybe I feel safer in my home with a weapon like this. Maybe I do not want to wait months to be able to target shoot with a weapon I can legally own. Maybe I want to use it for hunting. Any number of reasons. A semi automatic rifle, which fires one round per trigger pull is not an evil tool. Those who choose to use that tool for evil, are the evil.

 

So no other reason than because you can. No one is stopping you from replacing your broken rifle. You would have access to plenty other weapons while you wait for the AR. A very minor inconvenience IMO.

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. My concern would be the multitude of databases (federal/state/local) that may not be talking to one another at the time of the purchase. How updated is the data being used? What exactly is a reason to now allow a sale?

 

Those would be fair questions to ask before we can simply say "I've been vetted so...."

 

I am not sure the question should be 'what exactly is the reason to now allow a sale'. Instead it should be, 'is there now a reason to disallow a sale to this individual?' I do not have an answer regarding the databases and network communication. I have no idea what data is being reviewed for approval.

So no other reason than because you can. No one is stopping you from replacing your broken rifle. You would have access to plenty other weapons while you wait for the AR. A very minor inconvenience IMO.

 

Why do you single out this type of semi automatic weapon? It makes no sense to me.

I'm ignorant to gun laws. Is there a background check done when one wants to purchase an AR-15? How long does it take?

 

It's a semi auto rifle, same as deer hunting rifles they just have magazines that hold more rounds.

Why do you single out this type of semi automatic weapon? It makes no sense to me.

 

Because people don't understand that an assault rifle is fundamentally no different than any other semi automatic rifle. Its that scary plastic stock that makes it so much more deadly. :lol2:

Why do you single out this type of semi automatic weapon? It makes no sense to me.

 

I would apply this to any semi automatic weapon. AR seems to be the weapon of choice in most of these attacks.

 

 

I realize all the pro-gun people are not going to agree to this line of thinking, but doing nothing isn't the answer. At some point both sides need to give a little.

Because people don't understand that an assault rifle is fundamentally no different than any other semi automatic rifle. Its that scary plastic stock that makes it so much more deadly. :lol2:

 

Winner.

  • Author
I am not sure the question should be 'what exactly is the reason to now allow a sale'. Instead it should be, 'is there now a reason to disallow a sale to this individual?' I do not have an answer regarding the databases and network communication. I have no idea what data is being reviewed for approval.

 

I listed the potential reasons to answer the question: is there now a reason to disallow a sale..."

I would apply this to any semi automatic weapon. AR seems to be the weapon of choice in most of these attacks.

 

Then that would be all rifles sold, from a .22 plinker to a big boy .308.

Then that would be all rifles sold, from a .22 plinker to a big boy .308.

 

Ok?

Ok?

 

They think by comparing an AR to a deer rifle it changes the argument. It doesn't.

But it does bolster the argument that in that situation, you feel you would be safer if some of the patrons were carrying. Just saying...

 

In that situation yes, I would feel safer.

 

In the 99.999999999% of the time I am in an establishment, I would not feel safer.

Ok?

 

What you and Deuce and UK are saying is you support an AR ban. There is no reason to make someone wait 3 months to buy a .22LR.

What you and Deuce and UK are saying is you support an AR ban. There is no reason to make someone wait 3 months to buy a .22LR.

 

I said nothing even close to that.

I At some point both sides need to give a little.

 

Will never happen. They absolutely refuse to compromise an inch. Just suggesting a more in-depth, longer purchase process has them equating it to a ban, which it is absolutely not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.