Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

I just used 3/6 months as my example. I don't know what would be the appropriate time. How does doing nothing make sense?

 

For a 22 caliber squirrel rifle? Really? What does a waiting period of any length for a squirrel rifle accomplish?

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Another fault with the background check:

 

Many states are not legally required to update the govt that people are dangerously mentally ill. The VaTech shooter had been labeled as such but was able to pass a background check.

 

Add in that about 40% of all gun sales are done privately.

The week prior is what I read. It certainly would allow for more time for a more extensive check. It's possible he could rethink in that period of time sure. I also said it's possible he will go and steal one and do it anyway. The point is doing nothing isn't helping. I'm not trying to take anyone's guns away. I own an AR-15. I literally have no reason at all to have a gun like that. I get that you guys are saying' date=' but there are simple things we could do that could provide at least a little bit of protection. It shouldn't be as easy as it was for him. I would like my child to grow up in a world where you don't have to carry a gun to be safe. It seems like most of you want to continue down the path we are currently on and it's not a good one. Everyone can just skip the last 90 posts if you want to miss the gun debate. :lol2: Sorry I brought it up.[/quote']

 

I understand and definitely don't consider you anti gun. I'm just on the other side and believe I do need to carry a gun to protect myself and my family. I don't see our relations improving with Islam and according to the courts the police have no duty to protect us as individuals.

By definition, yes.

 

It also means 44% of the states have no requirement. So getting back to the vehicle safety/driver's license scenario, we are not talking apples to apples.

 

Only for red cars. Red cars only. Those are the bad cars.

Your right, just the criminal who will get them black market. I probably know 20-25 people who own a ar15 or ak47 and none of them have killed anyone. But I guarantee they got your back if it goes down. It's like insurance you don't need it till you need it. Funny people will protect their car, house but not their life.

 

I don't know anyone that owns an AR-15 or AK. In my 46 years I've needed to use my car and house insurance several times ver the course of my life. I've never once needed or ever even been close to ceding in a situation where I've needed a gun for protection, let alone a military type weapon like an AK. And I've worked in inner city Philadelphia and NY, including a location that was robbed twice at gunpoint. Carrying a gun does not make me feel safer, and equating it to house or car insurance is a stretch. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong someday. If it works for you (or anyone else), and you are responsible, then by all means carry? But I strongly disagree with your assertion that not owning and carrying a gun is an irresponsible decision (equating it to other types of insurance) on my part.

As a gun owner and one that grew up with guns....

 

No person is dumb enough to not get that the evil in some people is what ultimately causes these tragedies. But to dismiss a common variable in these incidents seems wrong. It is not about "taking away guns," it is about reshaping a culture and attitudes some have with guns. And this goes beyond terror incidents.

I'm certain you don't need that weapon to protect your life. It's not a valid argument to say criminals would get an illegal weapon on the black market. A comparable argument would be minors can get alcohol anyway so we just lower the drinking age. Seriously' date=' guys, I can't wrap my mind around why we can't intensity screening and training on new gun owners.[/quote']

 

So you can decide which weapons we use to protect our families with?

Only for red cars. Red cars only. Those are the bad cars.

 

If we want to liken guns to cars. Colors would not be an accurate analogy.

 

Let's use brand and performance. Want a mustang, a Lamborghini? Better get ready to pay up in insurance. Sometimes with great power comes great responsibility.

So you can device which weapons we use to protect our families with?

 

Nope, it was implied you must have this or otherwise you're not protected, which isn't true. You may choose it, but it isn't necessary.

Your not reading thoroughly is pretty common with most pro-gun folks. One mention of maybe making it a bit tougher to get a gun and everyone freaks out.

 

As far as a legitimate reason for a waiting period... If one person is deterred from carrying out one of these terrible acts because they have to wait longer to get the gun, it's worth it.

 

What is the difference between getting your gun today versus two weeks from now?

 

I did not freak out. My response was aimed at his mention that he would impose a waiting period for any semi auto weapon. I simply failed to see where another poster had brought up banning such weapons, in their response to him. So as I stated, I missed something. Not intentionally. Just missed the other response because I did not scroll up before hitting submit.

Now, How many mass shootings have taken place using Ruger 10-22 or similar squirrel rifle, and how would imposing a waiting period to own one benefit anyone?

There are nations all over this world that have curbed gun violence. There are answers out there. Some of us just don't want to hear them.

That doesn't answer my question at all.

 

Then what is it you were trying to ask? I got the implication that you said what is the difference between getting a gun right away and waiting two weeks was because it might be better for safety. The obvious answer is that one simply waits.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.