Me Versus Skunk Versus Coyote

BirdBrain

So I discovered that I had been having visitors at night plowing my yard and from my golf course experiences immediately recognized I had a skunk problem. Living in a rural area, we self manage. I shot this skunk late yesterday evening and had planned to get him out of my yard after the stench died down. Sometime between 10:30 this AM and 5:00 PM, this happened.

I have never seen anything like this in all my days in the woods. Mid-day, backyard, people in and out all day….15 yards from the garage.

I later found the second picture within a few yards of the wreckage and immediately recognized we had a coyote do this within eyesight of our deck. Crazy.

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

Hopefully it's just a stray coyote, if there is a pack nearby they will decimate just about any dog that tries to take them on. Coyote will attack a dog and then use speed to lead it back to a pack. Even large strong dogs stand no chance. If you have dogs keep an eye on them.

Have Mrs. Birdbrain spring for a night scope for your rifle, then just bait a spot and wait for coyote to come out at night.

Hopefully it's just a stray coyote, if there is a pack nearby they will decimate just about any dog that tries to take them on. Coyote will attack a dog and then use speed to lead it back to a pack. Even large strong dogs stand no chance. If you have dogs keep an eye on them.

Have Mrs. Birdbrain spring for a night scope for your rifle, then just bait a spot and wait for coyote to come out at night.

I like your thinking :thumb: