Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 21 Ashland 16

Featured Replies

Ashland will improve by next week and come district play, I guarantee you that. I was disappointed with the times in the red zone where the offense didn't score but I still feel that the play calling changed from inside (where it was working well in the second half) to trying to run outside ( where it wasn't) I'm not so sure that the O-line was the only to blame. But I do agree that when you get first down inside the 10 you have to score. Give the Rams some credit for that though.

  • Replies 261
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think with this win that it makes Raceland the favorite in their district?

  • Author
... Francis, God (or plastic surgery) has been very kind to you!!

 

Thanks, BrewDog. I was in Southern California visiting family last year, and while I was there, I had a small polyp removed from my right ear lobe. Do you really think it makes me look younger??

 

 

Frances

Well, I see that the sun did come up this morning. I’m glad that I have a good recipe for crow. It’s not too bad after the first bite.

 

Congratulations to Raceland for the win. You played great football and earned it!!!

 

I hope the Tomcats get working and turn it around.

Don't beat yourself up to bad greybeard, we all have tasted crow before.I know I certainly have many times.

Thanks for the congrats and good luck to your Tomcats the remainder of the season.

I'm a little confused with this statement. Do they have a fire truck parade are every win? :confused:

Not after EVERY win but after a win as big as last night (and it was a big win) they have had a fire truck parade meet them along the highway and escort the team back to the stadium with members of the community following behind. The school does not do this. It is done by the Volunteer fire fighters in both the Raceland & Worthington community. Most of the firefighters are former Ram players and like I stated before it is just a small way to say :thumb: for a job well done with the kids best interest at heart. It also helps keep the Ram spirit going and lets the players and fans mingle a little. It is a great thing and I support it 100%

0 - 3??

 

Hmmmmm.........

 

I'd hate to say it, but it is likely.

 

I didn't expect them to win both games against Belfry and Russ.

That is tough. Splitting will be awesome!

 

 

0-3.......... on their way to 7 - 3. That would be a GREAT season. :thumb:

 

Early losses and good competition make for a hardened team come time for district games.

Do you think with this win that it makes Raceland the favorite in their district?

No way does this win make Raceland the district favorite. It was a great win against an even greater tradition rich football program. Raceland does have a lot of work to do to be better. Ashland exposed some weaknesses to the defense that will have to be improved. I guarantee that the coaches are happy with the W but are not satisfied with some of the mistakes that the Rams made. It is early in the season and they will improve.

Raceland does NOT have better skill people than ashlland. Beach is up there with ashland's skill players but that's it.

IMO you are wrong on that one ko, Raceland can and does match up with Ashland at all positions. They sure did last night anyway.:D This is not meant to degrade the Tomcat at all, far from it. Your Tomcats will have a sucsessful seasop imo. Ashland is a class program with class coaches, players and fans. Raceland from what all everyone is saying from both sides was just a better football team last night. Although I do hope that Dickie Martin will get out of depression / reality rehab soon. :p

0 - 3??

 

Hmmmmm.........

 

I'd hate to say it, but it is likely.

 

I didn't expect them to win both games against Belfry and Russ.

That is tough. Splitting will be awesome!

 

 

0-3.......... on their way to 7 - 3. That would be a GREAT season. :thumb:

Early losses and good competition make for a hardened team come time for district games.

 

I think there are some teams that might have something to say about that.

Do you think with this win that it makes Raceland the favorite in their district?

Not at all, you have to play hard each and every week. LCA will be very good and the favorite imo with Paris being greatly improved they will also be a factor along with Fairview.

:thumb:

 

Early losses and good competition make for a hardened team come time for district games.

:thumb: :thumb: Excellent point GCT, Raceland has played these bigger, better competetion schools early and whenever they can. IMO it certainly helps come District time. Also, I am not so sure that Ashland will be 0-3 in two weeks.:sssh:

First of all Raceland had better skill players than Ashland. Raceland kids were much smaller but executed. Those wide reciever screens and yards after the catch were just small examples of Raceland's skill level. Raceland was well coached .... It's a juggling act to keep fresh good players on the field at small schools.

 

Second , Ashland continues to slide as a football program. Regular losses to

2A Russell , home loss to Raceland in which you were really dominated. Upcoming games worried about another 2A in Belfry and then comes the Devils.

We all want the Tomcats to be successful , again good for the area. But as these posts have said get back to basics of conditoning , blocking , tackling and running to the football. I see lot's of talent and size within Ashland , just need to improve the basics and the scheme ... 25,42 impressed build around those kids

 

Good luck the rest of the way ...

Raceland does NOT have better skill people than ashlland. Beach is up there with ashland's skill players but that's it.
I would strongly agree with this as well. Ashland's skill positions played well last night especially the secondary and backs. The line was outplayed on both sides true but thats not why they lost. Missed assingments on special teams, having the ball inside the Raceland 25 3 times and coming away with no points, penalties, turnovers, and and the injury of one of our captains on the 3rd play from scrimmage cost Ashland in this game without a doubt. I dont think there's any question Ashland has more talent. The good thing is its week 1 and this game means nothing towards the playoffs and hopefully the cats will wake up and start cutting out the silly mistakes. Good luck to a good Raceland team this year!

I am assuming this was an upset, even though Raceland has one of the top players in the state.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.