Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 21 Ashland 16

Featured Replies

Back to the fire truck issue. And before I get blasted from all my orange-blooded friends, if they still are my friends following this post, my allegiance and love for this school and football program should never be in question.

 

I certainly dont diminish last nights win, no more than to diminish Derrick Beach's punt return or Scott Grizzle's TD plunge. I celebrated at that moment and cheered and focused on the next series. If I see JT Forest next week I'll tell him how proud I am of him and the team and the good win, but strive to be better, reach for that trophy at Papa Johns. When we beat Ashland under Bill Tom Ross it was GREAT. But we have done it 5 times now. And we need to focus on what I think most of us truly want, a State Title. But we have yet to win a regional title. In 1999 I believe the fire trucks met us after defeating Ashland and we followed the next 2 weeks with losses to Paintsville and Greenup Co. AND a first round loss in the playoffs. That BIG victory over Ashland was long forgotten come November.

 

I just feel we need to keep some perspective. Congratulate those young men, needle your Tomcat friends and family, and focus on the next week. Don't embrace success so quickly. And I think many times these celebrations divert from the task at hand and that is winning a district, regional, and state title.

  • Replies 261
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

point-counter point. Good post TBF...

Good post TBF I still feel however that the celebration was not that much out of line. The Rams went in there and played great over a traditonal AAA power in this area and state wide. Raceland has always done this to celebrate and more importantly show the community support to our Rams after a huge win. I don't think that this will cause them to lose focus on what needs to be done at all to get where we all want to be. This team is as close knit and focused group as a whole that I have seen at Raceland in quite a few years. I respect your views on the "fire truck" celebration and don't worry, you have not lost any "orange clad" friends as far as I am concerned. You are and always have been a Rambler and I guess what I am saying is that your stuck with us regardless if you want to be or not. :lol: :thumb:

Back to the fire truck issue. And before I get blasted from all my orange-blooded friends, if they still are my friends following this post, my allegiance and love for this school and football program should never be in question.

 

I certainly dont diminish last nights win, no more than to diminish Derrick Beach's punt return or Scott Grizzle's TD plunge. I celebrated at that moment and cheered and focused on the next series. If I see JT Forest next week I'll tell him how proud I am of him and the team and the good win, but strive to be better, reach for that trophy at Papa Johns. When we beat Ashland under Bill Tom Ross it was GREAT. But we have done it 5 times now. And we need to focus on what I think most of us truly want, a State Title. But we have yet to win a regional title. In 1999 I believe the fire trucks met us after defeating Ashland and we followed the next 2 weeks with losses to Paintsville and Greenup Co. AND a first round loss in the playoffs. That BIG victory over Ashland was long forgotten come November.

 

I just feel we need to keep some perspective. Congratulate those young men, needle your Tomcat friends and family, and focus on the next week. Don't embrace success so quickly. And I think many times these celebrations divert from the task at hand and that is winning a district, regional, and state title.

 

AMEN!!!:thumb: :thumb:

Nice win, but I also think the fire trucks shouldn't be used until Raceland does something in the playoffs. According to the football preveiw, the Rams only have 4 playoff wins all time.

Nope.....Just having some fun:laugh: :laugh: but you might just pull a shoulder out patting yourself on the back so much.:D :D

Don't worry. My shoulders are fine. But that is one fragile ego you have.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Hey GIAT I was just joking around as I do with a lot of people on here, you need to calm down and take a pill or something. Besides, an old coach of yours in your youth gave me the heads up and told me to give you a hard time :lol: . Does the name of a former legendary Ohio State football coach mean anything to you ;) . I give you a hard time bc you pretty much leav yourself open for it. I am as adament about my Raceland boys as yopu are about your Tomcats although I think that I do admit in losses on where the blame really lies and do not make excuses and blame anything and everything but where the blame or reason should be.:sssh: GIAT, again I meant no harm or to slam you. I have many friends in "Tomcat Land" and since I have been on bgp I have many more. Good luck to you and your Tomcats and I hope that you win the rest of your games. :thumb: and on't take things so seriously, o.k.. :lol: :thumb:
Just dont say nothing about any trash or junk that him and Daddy Dickie leave lying around Putnam. That really sends him into a rage!!:lol:
Don't worry. My shoulders are fine. But that is one fragile ego you have.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: "Pot, meet the Kettle" - LOL, enough of this though, I may catch ya down the line in another thread sometime.

Just dont say nothing about any trash or junk that him and Daddy Dickie leave lying around Putnam. That really sends him into a rage!!:lol:

:thumb: Thanks for the pointer, I may just have to use that sometime.:laugh: :laugh: :sssh:

That's sad...and I'm not joking.

 

 

Very, very, sad...and I'm not joking.

I'm more than basically a good guy. :sssh: You can bet that no matter what happens with my Tomcats either good or bad I will be there everynight. Doesnt it go something like " For richer or poorer, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, tell death do us part into the Putnam Stadium in the sky?" Well thats how I fell about my Tomcats! And yes I will agree that my reality is filled with big beautiful maroon clouds. ;) I also have attended the DM School of Philosophy, I consider Dicky to be a father figure in my life, and Im not joking.

 

I don't think that most would question you being there for the Tomcats good or bad- I think most could appreciate it. The thing, most on here, don't appreciate is your inconsistencies after a TomCat win or loss. Your on here 3 mins after a big win throwing out plaudits and gameballs to evey TomCAT FB or BB player that has a uniform on and telling about how well the officiating was, etc. After a loss, you are usually- very busy, at an Aunt's house and not at game, not able to get to computer, etc. Usually you do not make an appearance on here until someone goads you into it and then it is always "we didn't do .... this, that, poor officiating, the works. Rarely is credit is ever given to the opponent. I don't believe, as far as your concerned, that anyone has ever beaten the TomCats!! No one should ever be a "good loser" but you could be a gracious one.:thumb:

Hey GIAT I was just joking around as I do with a lot of people on here, you need to calm down and take a pill or something. Besides, an old coach of yours in your youth gave me the heads up and told me to give you a hard time :lol: . Does the name of a former legendary Ohio State football coach mean anything to you ;) . I give you a hard time bc you pretty much leav yourself open for it. I am as adament about my Raceland boys as yopu are about your Tomcats although I think that I do admit in losses on where the blame really lies and do not make excuses and blame anything and everything but where the blame or reason should be.:sssh: GIAT, again I meant no harm or to slam you. I have many friends in "Tomcat Land" and since I have been on bgp I have many more. Good luck to you and your Tomcats and I hope that you win the rest of your games. :thumb: and on't take things so seriously, o.k.. :lol: :thumb:

 

:thumb:

I'm done with you! See ya in two weeks. Now......... back to the game....... Raceland should be a contender in that district.

 

Cmon, I didnt think it was a big deal. I agree Raceland is a contender, I think Fairview was a little better than expected also.

Back to the fire truck issue. And before I get blasted from all my orange-blooded friends, if they still are my friends following this post, my allegiance and love for this school and football program should never be in question.

 

I certainly dont diminish last nights win, no more than to diminish Derrick Beach's punt return or Scott Grizzle's TD plunge. I celebrated at that moment and cheered and focused on the next series. If I see JT Forest next week I'll tell him how proud I am of him and the team and the good win, but strive to be better, reach for that trophy at Papa Johns. When we beat Ashland under Bill Tom Ross it was GREAT. But we have done it 5 times now. And we need to focus on what I think most of us truly want, a State Title. But we have yet to win a regional title. In 1999 I believe the fire trucks met us after defeating Ashland and we followed the next 2 weeks with losses to Paintsville and Greenup Co. AND a first round loss in the playoffs. That BIG victory over Ashland was long forgotten come November.

 

I just feel we need to keep some perspective. Congratulate those young men, needle your Tomcat friends and family, and focus on the next week. Don't embrace success so quickly. And I think many times these celebrations divert from the task at hand and that is winning a district, regional, and state title.

I think what you saying in some many words TBF is "Act like you have been there before."

Big Brother rarely gets the fire trucks out up the road in Flatwoods.

I think what you saying in some many words TBF is "Act like you have been there before."

Big Brother rarely gets the fire trucks out up the road in Flatwoods.

 

I prefer Ugly Step-Sister!!!!!:ylsuper: Yeah, I know, there they ones that got invited to the ball!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.