Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 21 Ashland 16

Featured Replies

Had an MRI on Saturday, the results should be know sometime Monday. I have heard that there was minimal swelling, which seemed to be good news, but who knows. It did not look good Friday night I know that!

Thank you GIAT, keep us updated please. My prayers along with many others I am sure are with J. Bonner.:thumb:

  • Replies 261
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game, and since, I have been wondering what kind of state the football program at Ashland is truly in. Frankly, I don't think the loss to Raceland is that much of a sign of things other than Raceland has the better team, at least on that given night. But what I saw on Saturday when I was in attendance at the Verity Middle School football game was what I would consider disturbing if I were an Ashland football fan. Rose Hill has a team from what I understood for the first time in school history and absolutely dominated Verity. Frankly, if it were not for the class shown by Rose Hill's staff, they could have tacked on another touchdown at the end. They were outscored by three touchdowns in a game with a running clock.

I also wonder about the JFL program, only playing among themselves, from what I understand. I know several parents/coaches in the program who question this decision themselves. Perhaps this will eventually be a good thing, I can't see how, but hopefully for the sake of the future of Tomcat football, Coach Hart is on top of the whole program and they will be fine. I just think IMO that things are perhaps going to get somewhat worse before they get significantly better.

I also would like to wish Bonner the best and a rapid recovery!

I was at the game, and since, I have been wondering what kind of state the football program at Ashland is truly in. Frankly, I don't think the loss to Raceland is that much of a sign of things other than Raceland has the better team, at least on that given night. But what I saw on Saturday when I was in attendance at the Verity Middle School football game was what I would consider disturbing if I were an Ashland football fan. Rose Hill has a team from what I understood for the first time in school history and absolutely dominated Verity. Frankly, if it were not for the class shown by Rose Hill's staff, they could have tacked on another touchdown at the end. They were outscored by three touchdowns in a game with a running clock.

I also wonder about the JFL program, only playing among themselves, from what I understand. I know several parents/coaches in the program who question this decision themselves. Perhaps this will eventually be a good thing, I can't see how, but hopefully for the sake of the future of Tomcat football, Coach Hart is on top of the whole program and they will be fine. I just think IMO that things are perhaps going to get somewhat worse before they get significantly better.

I also would like to wish Bonner the best and a rapid recovery!

IMO you don't have to be concerned with the Ashland program at all. The world does not end when you get beat by a team that out plays you in week 1 of a season. Coach Hart is a class act and a VERY good coach. All will be fine in Tomcat land, I assure you. It imo is some, not most fans and people like your radio play by play man who is trashing your player, coaches decisions and anything else they can find to be negative about to anyone who will listen that is the problem.

Deep down even Ashland fans have to love result of this game. It is never a nad thing to see a proud program bull a great win. Ashland may have needed this.

Ashland Vs Raceland Review

 

As Monday morning reflections set in I thought I would post my review of this game.

 

I would like to send out congratulations to Raceland for a good game, they played hard and it paid off.

 

As far as Ashland is concerned, I would like to review some of the good point and then what this fan felt was the break down that cost Ashland its opening game.

 

The defensive effort looked pretty good if you don’t count the 94 yard run back, that the special teams failed to cover, not counting this mistake Ashland would have held Raceland to 14 point.

 

Ashland’s effort on offence seem to get rolling after the first quarter, Ashland moved the football better than they had in any of the scrimmages up to this point, getting into the red zone didn’t seem to be a problem. It was at this point that Ashland’s problems began to appear.

 

Ashland seem to be unwilling to throw the ball once it got into the Red zone, this seem to give Raceland the go ahead to stack and blitz, this move held Ashland out of the end zone.

A lot of credit must be given to Raceland for a good goal line defense that was willing to gamble on Ashland play selection inside the 25

 

I have watched every outing that Ashland has played in so far, it may be just me, but it seems that they can’t settle on who they want to play what. Every week we keep seeing a different OL. Until Lacy gets back in the line, I would think it would be more productive to stick with the line we seen most of this game and work on a goal line offensive set that includes plays to keep the defense honest.

 

It will be easy for the coaching staff to have a knee jerk reaction to this game doing a lot of changing, but the truth is this team didn’t play that bad, they move the football and their regular defense (not special teams) held their opponents to 14 points against a good running team.

 

Ashland next game will be another tough game, if they choose to do a lot of changing instead of working on the plays they need in the red zone.

 

If Ashland builds on what they have, working on special teams along with expanding their options on Offence inside the red zone, Ashland will be ok.

 

It’s very easy to be a Monday morning arm chair critic but that’s just how I seen the game. Only time will tell how Ashland uses this set back.

My best wishes to team

 

Trimmer

Sorry for such a late post regarding the outcome of this game, but I had to come into the thread to congratulate Raceland on executing a solid game plan and simply taking it to the Tomcats last Friday night.

 

I know this win is huge for the Raceland program and I wish them the best of luck throughout the coming season. As for Ashland, its too early to speculate as to what type of season they will have but suffice to say, there is much to work on.

Congratulations to Raceland for a great win! I know this is cliche, but I think they wanted the win more than Ashland. They were certainly more physical on both sides of the ball (other than #25 & #42; both ran very hard on every play.) Sitting on the Ashland side I could hear the Coach rip his linemen for missing blocks throughout the game. Ashland had size up front, but they seemed slow. I would normally give the losing team a parting shot about regrouping and getting back on track with the next game.... but their next game is Belfry. Ouch!!!

 

The following week they get to host my Red Devils. Another Ouch! But what do I know, I predicted Ashland to beat Raceland.

Sorry for such a late post regarding the outcome of this game, but I had to come into the thread to congratulate Raceland on executing a solid game plan and simply taking it to the Tomcats last Friday night.

 

I know this win is huge for the Raceland program and I wish them the best of luck throughout the coming season. As for Ashland, its too early to speculate as to what type of season they will have but suffice to say, there is much to work on.

Thanks painter,:thumb: and I wouldn't worry too much about the Tomcats. Game 1 is early and you have talent and are very well coached. Ashland imo will be just fine.

Thanks painter,:thumb: and I wouldn't worry too much about the Tomcats. Game 1 is early and you have talent and are very well coached. Ashland imo will be just fine.

 

 

:thumb:

It is Monday now and time to move on to week 2 and Rowan Co. for us and Belfry for the Cats. I hope that both teams get a victory.

Congratulations to Raceland for a great win! I know this is cliche, but I think they wanted the win more than Ashland. They were certainly more physical on both sides of the ball (other than #25 & #42; both ran very hard on every play.) Sitting on the Ashland side I could hear the Coach rip his linemen for missing blocks throughout the game. Ashland had size up front, but they seemed slow. I would normally give the losing team a parting shot about regrouping and getting back on track with the next game.... but their next game is Belfry. Ouch!!!

 

The following week they get to host my Red Devils. Another Ouch! But what do I know, I predicted Ashland to beat Raceland.

Thanks Painter&reddevil78:thumb: Your comments are appreciated.

Luke Bonner will be out for another 2-4 weeks. His MRI came back better than expected and will start rehab today. He should be back for district play if not sooner.

Look great win for the Rams! but coach Hart is a good coach he will have Ashland back on track,you can count on that.

To cvillecat and old rambler, don't get worked up over the early post. I hope that Raceland has a good year and wish the best to allot of good friends in Raceland. I was just throwing out a point. Good Luck Rams in week 2 against Rowan.

To cvillecat and old rambler, don't get worked up over the early post. I hope that Raceland has a good year and wish the best to allot of good friends in Raceland. I was just throwing out a point. Good Luck Rams in week 2 against Rowan.

No problem, I was just doing the same.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.